Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

Definitely too good. We're holding him 

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Watching us is bad enough without adding to the misery by having Andy Goldstein lecture you on not worshipping Bwendan.

These pundits have only a passing interest or knowledge of a particular club certainly outside the big 6 where they bore the rest of us silly. I would not presume to bang on about how Leeds fans or Soton fans etc should be feeling about their managers or board

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We effectively played a B Team last night as Rodgers clearly didn't want to risk Souttar & Kristiansen, the replacements being Amartey & Thomas.

Those two muppets gave away the goals, when we had something more like the first team, and were still minus Maddison, we looked a lot better.

Don't assume the rest of the season will resemble last night's horror show.

I hope you are right my friend.

But the problem isn't just who takes to the field, its the way they are tactically up and instructed to play.  For the last 20 mins when the 'Negative pass fest' was abandoned in small patches and we actually attacked them we looked much better.  This is my biggest gripe with the whole set up.. BRENDANBALL DOESN'T WORK!!   

And with the current players at the club, be it a combination of our shit ones or our best 11   IT NEVER WILL.!

OK rant over🤐

Edited by Guppys Love Child

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Still a few delusional people around then lol

Try reading it again, I didn't say I supported Rodgers, I just pointed out that we will play better than last night when we play what is left of our first eleven.

Your hatred of Rodgers is all consumimg, it colours your every comment, you stopped posting anything sensible some time ago.

x

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why will we? We've had our best 11 available plenty of times this season and have been consistently shite. The fact we rely so heavily on Maddison shouldn't be used as an excuse for Brendan, it should show just how poorly he's recruited and coached the side

Apart from the games we've won, as we play a number of games against teams in the bottom half I'm resonably confident we will stay up.

With Maddison, Kristiansen, Iheanacho, Mendy/Ndidi and Souttar back I expect we'll look a different side.

You won't change your mind whatever happens, it's probably best if Rodgers does go but unlike you I won't have a complete downer on everything LCFC related because of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, so1 said:

Daniel Agger was done. Couldn't stay on the field given that he was injured all the time. The idea that Vestergaard has brought this up makes him look even more pathetic. Must really want a paid holiday for him and the family. Should have taken the transfer to Fulham.

The mental hoops you jump through are astounding. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What was the outcome of the Talksport chat? 

They built it up as a major discussion point but I'm guessing they didn't have the calls they expected as they only talked briefly. First caller was a Leicester fan who nailed it - media hype, no plan B, player regression etc... Then a Spurs fan who likes him and would take him at Spurs or England 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Apart from the games we've won, as we play a number of games against teams in the bottom half I'm resonably confident we will stay up.

With Maddison, Kristiansen, Iheanacho, Mendy/Ndidi and Souttar back I expect we'll look a different side.

You won't change your mind whatever happens, it's probably best if Rodgers does go but unlike you I won't have a complete downer on everything LCFC related because of him.

And neither will you. We don't have to agree

Can’t say I’m at all surprised at the vesty story and how BR has done his best to absolve himself from any sort of responsibility.

I don’t think it makes vesty look particularly good either mind - if you’ve had opportunities to go and play (Fulham), don’t go moaning to the press that you’re not getting a game.

18 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Thy were 'his' signings?

Martin Glover is now in charge of signings, Rodgers said recently 'the club will inform me when they've made a signing'.

He's been sidelined.

That's good to hear. We may get a couple of players of the quality we need so.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Vestergaard can't be that bothered after turning numerous moves down

I’m not saying Vestergaard is a victim who we should all weep buckets for. I don t think anyone else is. The fact is we played a whole season and practically wrote it off because of defensive injuries which allegedly  led to defensive ineptitude. But all the time our manager was encouraging that narrative, a new defensive signing he wanted, sat on the bench doing nothing. He behaved as though the signing had nothing to do with him and had been forced upon him. When he called for reinforcements- there was a fit reinforcement he refused to utilise. Had that player been a credible first team starter we might even had made Europe last season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He could get Messi and after a few training sessions turn him into Stephen Hughes

33,425 pots of which 33,000 are witicisms like this?

It's draining reading anything on any board at the moment with constant original (ha) posts about injuries due to Rodgers, players regressing due to Rodgers and how we'll struggle next season on the championship.

• Like 1