Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The mental hoops you jump through are astounding. 

Not as astounding as the amount of energy you expend to criticize me based on anecdotal evidence or hearsay. Your right of course. Play on.

1 minute ago, so1 said:

Not as astounding as the amount of energy you expend to criticize me based on anecdotal evidence or hearsay. Your right of course. Play on.

If my one post is astounding then you're defence of Rodgers has no words. 

What 'hearsay and anecdotal evidence' am I using to form an opinion on you? 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

If we play with amartey and Thomas then we are liable to concede 

If madders is on the pitch then there is a chance that we can outscore the opposition 

without madders, it’s a whole different ball game so to start without a screening cdm infront of that defence is negligence (and disrespect towards your opponent) 

I really do think a loss against Southampton after this would be too much for him to survive. 

Even though I think he’s rotten for us I just cant bring myself to wishing we’ll lose. 

22 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I’m not saying Vestergaard is a victim who we should all weep buckets for. I don t think anyone else is. The fact is we played a whole season and practically wrote it off because of defensive injuries which allegedly  led to defensive ineptitude. But all the time our manager was encouraging that narrative, a new defensive signing he wanted, sat on the bench doing nothing. He behaved as though the signing had nothing to do with him and had been forced upon him. When he called for reinforcements- there was a fit reinforcement he refused to utilise. Had that player been a credible first team starter we might even had made Europe last season. 

Yeah I'm not defending Rodgers but Vestergaard had chances to move so he can hardly whinge

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we play with amartey and Thomas then we are liable to concede 

If madders is on the pitch then there is a chance that we can outscore the opposition 

without madders, it’s a whole different ball game so to start without a screening cdm infront of that defence is negligence (and disrespect towards your opponent) 

If we play with any of our defenders in the tepid, tippy tappy, possession for possession sake, playing out from the back style we are liable to concede. It's negative.

People might be bored of me repeating myself for 2.5 years now but I don't know how else people want me to dress it up.

It's not conducive.

I had a discussion with someone today saying Amartey cannot play the way we played last night....Hang on, was last night a one off then? No it ****ing wasn't, it's a regular occurrence, so why do we continue to play this way? It really is beyond me.

It is not 'sustainable'.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not changing my posting habits because you're offended that I don't like your manager. If you're drained by it the only thing I can suggest is logging off for a while :dunno:

Or just shrug it off and realise that not everybody agrees with you. I was one of the first on here to say I wanted him out and was ridiculed for it so I'm used to having the unpopular opinion

'your manager'

You've lost it, seems you'd be the one who regain his balance by logging off for a bit.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I'm not defending Rodgers but Vestergaard had chances to move so he can hardly whinge

He's allowed to tell his side of the story. I've read the article and I don't think he has been sensational. As much as we don't like him doing so, Vesty has every right seeing out a contract that both parties entered into and to feel aggrieved at how his been managed during that contract. I wish he had gone to Fulham but we don't know the full details behind the proposal and he had every right to reject it.

The overriding feeling from me is the BR approached a player completely unsuited to the club and his style of play, and was a fundamental part of a bad signing that was made out of desperation when Fofana was injured. Its something he shares (publically at least) no accountability for when he is whinging about not being backed.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we play with any of our defenders in the tepid, tippy tappy, possession for possession sake, playing out from the back style we are liable to concede. It's negative.

People might be bored of me repeating myself for 2.5 years now but I don't know how else people want me to dress it up.

It's not conducive.

I had a discussion with someone today saying Amartey cannot play the way we played last night....Hang on, was last night a one off then? No it ****ing wasn't, it's a regular occurrence, so why do we continue to play this way? It really is beyond me.

It is not 'sustainable'.

Not me mate..I've  been saying the same thing for about as long..

Left, right and back to the keeper BrendanBall doesn't work and has never worked with our group of players..the results and our current league position prove it. 

If it did we'd be further up the table, oh, and actually entertained 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He's allowed to tell his side of the story. I've read the article and I don't think he has been sensational. As much as we don't like him doing so, Vesty has every right seeing out a contract that both parties entered into and to feel aggrieved at how his been managed during that contract. I wish he had gone to Fulham but we don't know the full details behind the proposal and he had every right to reject it.

The overriding feeling from me is the BR approached a player completely unsuited to the club and his style of play, and was a fundamental part of a bad signing that was made out of desperation when Fofana was injured. Its something he shares (publically at least) no accountability for when he is whinging about not being backed.

Not saying he doesn't have a right to see out his contract, but don't go on the whinge about being frozen out, when you clearly aren't arsed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not saying he doesn't have a right to see out his contract, but don't go on the whinge about being frozen out, when you clearly aren't arsed. 

Thats the thing - we don't know he not 'arsed'. On the face of it he seems like a decent bloke who has performed at International level.

But he is clearly not the right fit for Leicester city, and thats the important part. He can't physically change who he is, but Brendan was capable of knowing what he was suited for when he pushed for the signing.

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is that not also a indictment of the club's recruitment under BR's tenure though? Sure, the manager has a lot of influence, but we know the club at large is responsible for this. 

.. your not going to pay your manager a Kings ransom, and then seek to tie his hands!!!

A bit like you marry someone and trusting they would be faithful, but when they cheat it is your fault.

I would suspect Khun Top places a lot of faith in Rudkin to know the game and Top does not have the knowledge to discern the merits of individual players, he has another business to run.

20 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thats the thing - we don't know he not 'arsed'. On the face of it he seems like a decent bloke who has performed at International level.

But he is clearly not the right fit for Leicester city, and thats the important part. He can't physically change who he is, but Brendan was capable of knowing what he was suited for when he pushed for the signing.

If you were that arsed about being frozen out though surely you'd leave? He'd still get the same wedge if he was out on loan anyway

Going off the TalkSport conversation he isn’t good enough for us. For what we want to achieve and the limitations we have in place, not competing financially in comparison to others in the league and selling our better younger assets, he doesn’t have the ability to do what’s required.

• Like 1

In the last 4 years I ask myself which players have improved via Rodger’s and his coaching team and I can only think of 1 player - James Maddison. Not just that, some previously outstanding players have had a drop of form/status so big at such a young age (Ndidi, Soyuncu) that serious questions should be asked. We also have a manager on £10 million that’s somehow developed a premier league team who train at a world class (mass injury inducing) training facility that are all enjoying the experience so much that they want to leave. Kasper last year, Tielemans and Maddison this year.