Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Can’t say I’m at all surprised at the vesty story and how BR has done his best to absolve himself from any sort of responsibility.

I don’t think it makes vesty look particularly good either mind - if you’ve had opportunities to go and play (Fulham), don’t go moaning to the press that you’re not getting a game.

...I  do not think that is the point!!!

Rodgers has courted this player, made him seem like a trust has been developed, and that player has chosen to believe everything that he had been told. To then find that you are now in a situation where you know it is not going to work for you, unless you can convince your friend (Rodgers) to adopt a way of playing that can incorporate your skillset, it is more like betrayal than anything else.

You have committed a few years to this club, no doubt the remuneration has been good, but at his age and a looming World Cup, he needed game time, and he just did not get it.   Maximising the fiscal benefit is all that he can do in this instance, take the money and support the missus with the young kid, it is probably more rewarding that listening to Rodgers attempting to be sincere, you have heard it all before.

• Like 2

Unless he drastically changes his style of management he won't ever get a top job again. We know his PR is sensational (presiding over this season and being able to be absolved of any blame is very impressive, to be fair) and it might persuade a club to gamble, and it will probably work initially with some good football and nice words, but he won't get the control he craves and players at that level certainly won't tolerate being spoken about the way he's talked about this squad.

This is the perfect job for him. Status-wise he could do better but not the overall package.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I've been daydreaming about Pearson walking into Seagrave and sticking the nut on Rodgers before declaring he's back home

WTAF is this obsession with NFP coming back, no no no no no no no no no NOoooooooo We have to move forward beyond, we are bigger than NF**kingP. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Doctor said:

this is 100% it for me. a couple of the declines are explainable through Vardy getting old and Ricardo getting a major injury each season, but look at the players he had when he came in:

Ndidi - was one of the best destroyers in the division, now completely passive and uninvolved in any game

Soumare - first few games he looked like a tank, opponents just bouncing off him, now he looks like the footballing equivalent of one of those boxing training dummies

Daka - electric pace in his first few games, looked like Vardy is his first 18 months, now completely ineffective

Amartey - gone from a reliable if limited right back who freed up more attacking movement from the midfield and left back by tucking in with the CBs to give a back three on the ball to whatever the **** we saw last night

Thomas - first 9 months he looked like a solid prospect who could deputise at pl level, now he's lower championship at best

Cags - One of the best CBs in the division to rotting on the bench

Barnes - exciting going forward and just looked raw and missing that more consistent decision making, now just ineffectual half the time and out of position/stood looking lost the other half.

the only players you could make a case for him improving are Kels and Madders, and honestly I think the former is more just him not having to live in Vardys shadow and get berated for not being Vardy by the fans in his 10 minute cameos under Puel. 

like this is not actually a bad squad, it's a team that 2 1/2 years ago were saying would be a huge force about now having come into their primes together, supplemented by young players with good potential upon arrival (Soumare, Daka, Kristiansen, Tete), but the coaching of it is woeful and the motivation isn't there (and let's be fair, if your manager kept going to the local newspaper and calling you shit and asking how he's supposed to do his job without being able to hire more people, you'd struggle for motivation too). It needs a big rebuild now because contracts have been run down and extensions not signed (and it's interesting that none of his Celtic squad moved down here, or that the only player who's followed him to a new team afaik is Joe Allen) but it didn't 18 months ago, it just needed a manager who'd instill belief in the players and a positive mentality when they stepped on the pitch. instead he's collected a cool £15m in that time from us and has spent his time eradicating all belief and potential from a lot of players and running the club into the ground. He is the root cause of everything wrong with the footballing side of the club

You’ve really identified some pertinent points here - well identified.

When Rodgers started the “I need to protect my image here” was the minute I thought - FY.  That was him protecting himself and **** the team - no way was this team going into battle for him.  It’s sad but he started it and his version was swallowed by a media that he manipulates.  I don’t dislike the guy - I hate his motives.  Take some responsibility for this sh1t show Rodgers - you’ve created it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I'm not defending Rodgers but Vestergaard had chances to move so he can hardly whinge

His partner was pregnant the first time a move was mentioned and as we don't know the exact circumstances of said pregnancy perhaps we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't want to move under those circumstances? Family should always come first should it not? The most recent transfer window his partner had just given birth so again, who is going to move to Germany under those circumstances?  He will def move on in the summer when the baby is older and things will be more settled. Just a hunch!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFC1984 said:

WTAF is this obsession with NFP coming back, no no no no no no no no no NOoooooooo We have to move forward beyond, we are bigger than NF**kingP. 

I mean I thought it was quite obviously a joke..... lol

Edited by foxfanazer

1 hour ago, LCFC1984 said:

:crylaugh:Hilarious, lets wait until we're down instead?

I don't want him here, don't get me wrong, yet since the new transfers have come in we've had decent league results. The reserves have lost a cup match however. I can't see Top risking a new manager when it looks like the current one based on league results alone could keep us up. Obviously we'll see what happens next match.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Majority of the other side’s have. Southampton, Wolves, Leeds, Bournemouth and Everton. Also Villa. 
I’ll admit it’s worked out for some and not others. 

Yeah. Depends if we have a good replacement lined up. And if after the Jan transfers we have the money for it.

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I don't want him here, don't get me wrong, yet since the new transfers have come in we've had decent league results. The reserves have lost a cup match however. I can't see Top risking a new manager when it looks like the current one based on league results alone could keep us up. Obviously we'll see what happens next match.

The fact "Rodgers could keep us up" is even a discussion point, is a sackable offence. No 'New transfers' will work for Rodgers, because he coaches everyone into decline. Apart from Iheanacho, of which, his lack of selection for 2+ years is another sackable offence. I'm not convinced a manager deliberately sabotaging the Club could even be this poor. 

Even Fofana, who we got ridiculous money for, declined game after game here. Castagne's best game here was his debut at West Brom. Faes, as with Soyuncu, is declining. Luke Thomas has gone from huge potential, to a huge liability....There's no fix to this with Rodgers. He's causing problems, not solving them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm far more bored of having my enjoyment of supporting us sabotaged by our ridiculous persistence with somebody who has long ago given up on the club. It's a horrendous period make no mistake and I'm no johnny come lately, I've seen worse sides - albeit I don't recall a situation quite so frustrating.

The day he's gone will be the best day in years.

It's like a slow painful death and nobody at the club, particularly Top, seems to want to do anything about it other than bury their heads in the sand (cue the ostrich).

The frustrating thing is, don’t you look at that FA Cuo draw and think, we’ve missed the opportunity to go to Wembley. 

Farsicsal that we’ve turned our nose up at the chance to play in Europe again and garner all that extra money, by playing the reserve team. 

He needs to go, has done since his disaster class against Forest in the FA Cup. 

• Like 3

The fact he was in contact with Vestergaard for 18 months before he even signed for us as well. What was he thinking, knowing we want to play a highline and pressing football. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

The fact he was in contact with Vestergaard for 18 months before he even signed for us as well. What was he thinking, knowing we want to play a highline and pressing football. 

However that coincides with the last season and a half where we have predominantly moved away from a high intensity pressing style to a slower controlled possession style, which would suggest Vestergard was targeted with that switch in tactics in mind. 

It’s his attitude that will kill us. It’s what I’m so worried about coming into these last cluster of games, we’ve collapsed numerous times under him, and that’s when he was positive. Now he is eternally negative and so what hope do we have? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s his attitude that will kill us. It’s what I’m so worried about coming into these last cluster of games, we’ve collapsed numerous times under him, and that’s when he was positive. Now he is eternally negative and so what hope do we have? 

It’s all about himself him before the club. I just wish we would sack him, and get him gone.

• Like 1