Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

Even if we go down…?

Are you suggesting that a manager that has failed to succeed at any other club he has managed is going to come back here and somehow stave off relegation for a 2nd time? If all that happened and we start the following season struggling again will he be afforded more time to save us for a 3rd time, or does it finally dawn on fans that NFP management style is limited; and he is not a manager capable of taking us higher than bottom half of the PL?

9 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I don't want him here, don't get me wrong, yet since the new transfers have come in we've had decent league results. The reserves have lost a cup match however. I can't see Top risking a new manager when it looks like the current one based on league results alone could keep us up. Obviously we'll see what happens next match.

We played some of our reserves and so did Blackburn, that excuse for our pish poor performance just doesn’t wash.

1 hour ago, LCFC1984 said:

Are you suggesting that a manager that has failed to succeed at any other club he has managed is going to come back here and somehow stave off relegation for a 2nd time? If all that happened and we start the following season struggling again will he be afforded more time to save us for a 3rd time, or does it finally dawn on fans that NFP management style is limited; and he is not a manager capable of taking us higher than bottom half of the PL?

I’m suggesting I’d rather have him over Rodgers any day 😂

Also think ‘been a failure at every other club’ is harsh, when you look at the clubs he’s taken over… 

On 20/09/2022 at 16:31, Greg2607 said:

I posted all of the below back in February....  Looks like nothing has really changed.... the decline continues... 

It's not circumstantial, it's not due to injuries anymore, it's down to Rodgers playing an outdated mode of football and not adapting to the players he has at his disposal. (i've also updated the table at the bottom and put the full season below)  - based on current place in the table and using last seasons PPG average.... we would end the season on 42 points....  we are nowhere near as good as we were last season..... this is heading to disaster if no-one acts....

Season

Matches

Wins

Draws

Losses

PPM

Win %

22/23

21/22

20/21

19/20

18/19

50%

he's a smoother version of Puel, without the ability to spot talent and get it into the club!

POST FROM FEBRUARY... 

in our last 32 games, we've won 12, drawn 7 and lost 12 in all competitions....  which is a 37% (ish) win rate.....  Puel in 67 games had 23 wins, 18 draws and 26 loses.....

So he is roughly run rating at the Claude Puel level, but getting paid a kings ransom to play what is effectively the same style of football.

his style is outdated now. virtually all teams work hard, hustle, close down.

Apparently we don't. 

We risk getting left behind if we don't make a change soon.

just for some balance... in the previous 32 games to the ones listed above....

20 Wins, 8 Draws and 6 Losses - so a 62% win rate (give or take)

it's an alarming slide.... SOME of which I think can be attributed to the Injuries.  But it's a managers job to navigate those issues. To manage training levels, address tiredness etc. 

64 games, 32 wins, 15 draws and 18 losses across all competitions is decent. it's a 50% win rate.... he's picking up points in 73% of games.... (across 64 games) 

We are currently picking up points in 60% of our games....

*this doesn't include the weekends result... 

it would be really interesting to see a breakdown of the win percentages over each season that he has been here and if there is a general trend (i have no idea whether there is or there isn't in either direction)

but if it's got generally worse since he got here, then it's a terminal decline that he won't arrest. 

if it was generally getting better before this season, then maybe it is just a blip based on injury record etc. 

*edit... ive just done it... not sure how this will format in here though....

Season

Matches

Wins

Draws

Losses

PPM

Win %

21/22

20/21

19/20

18/19

50%

1.17 x 38 = 44 points.  should in theory be enough based on current PPG average to stave off relegation... 

just depends how brave the board are feeling.

so to update this for a current reflection versus where we were in September...  The bottom table  above also reflects where we were after 23 games last season and we went on to have a slightly stronger than expected finish... 

Season Matches Wins Draws Losses Points PPM Win %
22/23 24 7 3 14 24 1 29.17%
21/22 38 14 10 14 52 1.36 36.84%
20/21 38 20 6 12 66 1.74 52.63%
19/20 38 18 8 12 62 1.63 47.37%
18/19 10 5 2 3 17 1.7 50.00%

As it stands though, we are averaging 1 Point per game.... which would take us to 38 points if the season continued in the same vane... 

Our Win Percentage at 29% though is another decline versus previous seasons.  

If no one at the club is looking at things in these terms, then it seems mad to me! I realise it's a very "absolute" view, without considering mitigating circumstances, but the picture to me looks pretty clear... and bleak.... if we continue to persist with Rodgers beyond this season. 

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Paul Merson saying that Rodgers would be a cert to take over at Chelsea... Oh Lord ... Please make this happen !!!

Listening to ths tool convinces me of two things.

1. He NEVER watches us play.

2. He's back on the sauce or charlie or both.

The utter and wilful blindness by these fools in the media regarding this fraud is truly astounding and worthy of investigation by an eminent psychologist as to how to fool so many supposedly semi intelligent people all of the time.

Move over Putin this mans propoganda knocks yours into a cocked hat.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J. James said:

The utter and wilful blindness by these fools in the media regarding this fraud is truly astounding and worthy of investigation by an eminent psychologist as to how to fool so many supposedly semi intelligent people all of the time.

The most logical option for Merson is that he's got an few quid on the bet and is trying to grease the wheels for a payout. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

He's had 4 years to build a side to play this possession style and its still not worked. He's had money and he's had time despite what his comments and those of his defenders would have you believe.

When you are 4 years in to managing a team and you still can't get them to work well to your philosophy it means your philosophy is wrong.

Its no coincidence that our best performances in recent years are when we've been more direct and quick with our play rather than trying to get the ball up the pitch in 100 slow short passes. 

he's had 4 years to build it and it's providing diminishing returns.... look at what Arteta has done at Arsenal in 3 and a bit years as a comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

he's had 4 years to build it and it's providing diminishing returns.... look at what Arteta has done at Arsenal in 3 and a bit years as a comparison. 

tbh arteta has plenty more money to spend and he signs good players, can also attract a better level of player. not really comparable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

tbh arteta has plenty more money to spend and he signs good players, can also attract a better level of player. not really comparable 

and you have a point.   Maybe our lack of spending is a large factor.... but lets not forget that he has spent over £260m since being here.... The squad is now a squad in his image. he signed off on the players that were purchased and how many from that £260m spend have drastically improved the first team? 

Howe has spent £316m at Newcastle since being there... (obviously in a much shorter space of time) but i'd argue alot of his signings have impacted the 1st 11. 

if the argument is "other managers are better at finding good talent" then I really worry about rodgers being given the re-build that he so desperately craved. 

As a slight aside.... Rodgers throughout his managerial career has made a net loss on player purchases.  He has never received more in a transfer fee than he paid for the same player. 

that feels like a one way ticket to bankruptcy!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, J. James said:

Imagine if he is right and we actually get PAID and rid of Rodgers at the same time. 

It will be a better deal than the Maguire one. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

I want him gone but I can’t see us doing it now. He’ll keep us up and we’ll be speaking about this again next season. 

Hopefully another club wants him so it’s easier to let him go, Newcastle wouldn’t surprise me. 

6 hours ago, LCFC1984 said:

14th place Pearson left us (with a bloody fraction of the resources and talent mind) would snap your arm off for 14th now. NFP IN.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

The only problems I see with this is Chelsea won’t want him and Merson said this. 

I'm desperate enough to grasp any straw !!!

The thought of him leaving without City having to give him more money is what dreams are made of.

29 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

According to this we’re getting our moneys worth.

6DA129D9-C62D-42A6-ABCE-F539D69E07E3.thumb.jpeg.07514fba8002872d2b49e6f34a3b286f.jpeg

It shows man city have got value from their massive spend (investing wisely), Chelsea have w**ked their money away (the exact opposite) and lcfc spent jack and got nothing in return. Certainly won't be any sense of value if we're relegated.... 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

According to this we’re getting our moneys worth.

6DA129D9-C62D-42A6-ABCE-F539D69E07E3.thumb.jpeg.07514fba8002872d2b49e6f34a3b286f.jpeg

Look at Chelsea’s! Fook sake!

8 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I want him gone but I can’t see us doing it now. He’ll keep us up and we’ll be speaking about this again next season. 

Hopefully another club wants him so it’s easier to let him go, Newcastle wouldn’t surprise me. 

I now doubt any big team will want him, he's a busted flush, that's why he'll wring every last bit of money out of us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Lose on Saturday and surely it’s 

5B11EF91-EF32-47F7-B9A0-0EAA260E3938.jpeg

For Mr Brendan Rodgers ! :ph34r:

I would love that to happen.

However if my math is correct, even if we lose and Everton (who have Forest) and Bournemouth (who have the Gunners) both win our goal difference keeps us out of the bottom 3.  If the past shows us anything, even sitting there wasn't enough for Top to pull the trigger.(all be it with still the remainder of the season to go, plus we still have 14 left at present) ..it's still a tough one to call, but I think.he's here until the end of the season regardless of results (unless we start getting battered 4 or 5  nil each game that may change stuff) and where we eventually finish come May.

• Like 2

I don’t know who can play and is fit…

BUT IF…Rodgers can’t bring his players to deliver the A.Villa/Spurs spirit and attacking finess…
Thats it folks nothing more in the locker…

He can’t use Krissi,Barnes,KDH,Nacho,Tete,Soumatt,to drive us through these last phases…he’s not even worth the packet his name was stamped on.

His motivation & drive prowess,and tactical understanding of his team have been,lost to the players..

• Like 1