Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Maybe Im naive but I cannot see Rodgers at Utd. Its a right shithole there at the moment and should he take over they´d require immediate results and as far as I see it Rodgers likes to work long-term and not to be a quick fix manager. So for me a "higher profiled" manager whilst Rodgers waits for either bringing City to the top again or taking up the Man City position in 18 months time.

And I dont think any manager would like to be compared to Ferguson - and not least to have him constantly breathing down his neck

Edited by TheStig

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

See we can't fall into the trap of needing a certain type of name. When BR leaves, we'll need a managerial choice who continues the style and vision we currently have 

Agreed. I'm just not convinced that Potter is the man to do that.

• Like 1

People can't really be questioning whether we are a more attractive proposition than Brighton, surely! Brighton are definitely a club on the up but there is no way they currently have the same global reach that we have given everything we've done over the past 6 years.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Let's cut all the crap and speculation. We all know that Brendan will leave us one day as many managers have done before but it won't be for a long time to come. Move on and stop adding to what is, after all, media hype.

Ok close thread.

We're not the media - it's a forum. Are we not allowed to discuss when our manager gets linked away by a credible journalistic source?

Edited by RoboFox

Interesting pep saying he won’t do another 200 premier league games. Maybe he will just see out his contract until 2023, so Man City could be looking for a new boss in 2 years time. Could be that Brendan is willing to bide his time until then in case he gets offered the job. Not completely convinced Man City would go for Brendan but he might believe he’s in with a shout. 

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Who would you like to see get it?

Quite like the idea of Gasperini, done great at Atalanta

This is the kind of appointment I was thinking of. Great CV, would be both ambitious but also realistic.

6 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Interesting pep saying he won’t do another 200 premier league games. Maybe he will just see out his contract until 2023, so Man City could be looking for a new boss in 2 years time. Could be that Brendan is willing to bide his time until then in case he gets offered the job. Not completely convinced Man City would go for Brendan but he might believe he’s in with a shout. 

Has it not already been confirmed that he is leaving at the end of next season?

I think the reality with Rogers, is that IF one of those big clubs come calling. he goes. 

There is normally a small window for managers for get this type of opportunity unless they are in the truly Elite group of managers (which I don't think Rodgers is) 

His stock is riding high currently, but if Tielemans didn't sign a new contract and let's say Daka didn't settle and we couldn't sure up the defence without evans (all of which are a possibility over the next 2-3 years) he could find his reputation on the wane and not being talked about by those big clubs again. 

look at someone like Eddie Howe.  Previously talked about as a future manager for big clubs.  currently, he isn't even in the conversation.  Will he ever be again? who knows. 

Clearly, as fans, we love Leicester City, we are proud of our club, proud of it's ambition and "the project".  But lets not kid ourselves that if Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona or Real Madrid came in for Rodgers he would choose to stay.  He just won't.   Not least, because he will have the belief that he can deliver at those clubs, with their budgets. 

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Man Utd are destined to pay obscene wages for one of the 'big name' managers, rather than going for someone like Rodgers.

Agreed. No way United are sensible enough to go for a great manager like Brendan. They'll probably give it to someone like Zidane. Pay him £10m a year and then realise after 15 months that the fact he doesn't speak a word of English might be an issue.

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'd like to think we'd set our sights a bit higher than Graham Potter if I'm being honest.

Like who? I personally think he would be the ideal candidate. He plays a brand of football that is compatible with our squad and would be a good fit for the overall setup of the club.  

• Like 2