Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Play players past their best who shouldn’t be in the side, play players who shouldn’t be in the Prem, allow players to run down contracts, and have a load about to leave - it’s no wonder the ones who are set to stay with us aren’t firing at 100%. This is all on him and is a testament to the pisspoor squad planning that has taken place for two years.

Rather than a Fergie-like constant regeneration and development, Rodgers has presided over stagnation and decline. Sure, players play a part of that - but it’s his job to navigate and ameliorate the threat.

Without Maddison’s professionalism and desire, we are completely lost. Even if Rodgers had the ability to motivate us to safety, which he doesn’t, he wouldn’t manage to do so with a squad full of players looking to what they’re going to be doing come summer.  

• Like 3

The way I look at it, a very well paid manager has had four years and we are basically back to where we started when we were promoted, except we now play plodding slow ball instead of fast attacking football.

If we stay up and it is not guaranteed, it does make me wonder how next season will go.

Things are looking very dubious.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

The way I look at it, a very well paid manager has had four years and we are basically back to where we started when we were promoted, except we now play plodding slow ball instead of fast attacking football.

If we stay up and it is not guaranteed, it does make me wonder how next season will go.

Things are looking very dubious.

The next manager will have a much harder job than the one Rodgers had when he arrived 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The next manager will have a much harder job than the one Rodgers had when he arrived 

It’s not entirely his fault but we were in fantastic condition when he arrived. He’ll leave a mess whenever he departs 

27 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's very important that it's recognised that Rudkin is equally culpable for allowing this all to happen and contributing to the mess.

Rudkin compounds his error every season. The longer Rodgers is here the worse it looks on him. Had we acted last season we'd have saved ourselves a lot of bother

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's very important that it's recognised that Rudkin is equally culpable for allowing this all to happen and contributing to the mess.

...I do not see Rudkin picking the teams or making dubious substitutions in the 65th minute!!!

When Rodgers came he was given the keys to the kingdom, he had usurped Rudkins position at the stroke of a pen, and be were now at the mercy of Rodgers plans, for the evolution of the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do not see Rudkin picking the teams or making dubious substitutions in the 65th minute!!!

When Rodgers came he was given the keys to the kingdom, he had usurped Rudkins position at the stroke of a pen, and be were now at the mercy of Rodgers plans, for the evolution of the club.

I'm pretty sure Rudkin is DOF and still has the ultimate say over all football operations (including Brendan).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Rodgers delivered some decent success in his first 2 1/2 seasons, however the last season and a half we are on a real downward spiral. His tactics are stale and rigid, we rarely see the exciting front foot, fast flowing football of his early tenure and now it’s a conservative, slow, turgid style of controlled possession based football that is stifling the talents of the majority of our squad.

His management of the fringe players is questionable to say the least and his continued freezing out of some players places additional pressure and work load burden on key players leading to burn out and/or drop off in form.  

He has been well backed during his time at the club but his comments and sound bites in the media over last 12-18 months have constantly undermined the squad at his disposal and the ambitions and achievements of the club. This has led to a real malaise at the club, gone is our fearless reputation and now we look powder puff and weak mentally.

We need a manager with fresh ideas and tactical flexibility, this is still a squad capable of challenging for top ten and making a good fist of the cup competitions but this year it is so flat and the performances are too often lacking intensity. This reminds me of the final knockings of the Puel reign.

He failed to inspire any type of performance against what was a decent championship side in Blackburn, who looked everything I want to see from us. He is supposedly an elite manager and yet we could and should have been smashed for 5 or 6 at home to lower league opposition. This isn’t a one off we have been well beaten and performed badly on so many occasions this season and actually we have had 2 half decent purple patches this season, outside of those we have been a shambolic disgrace.

Change is needed now whilst we still have a chance to rescue our league campaign and set ourselves up for a positive summer and a new era.

The only difference with Puel was his complete disrespect for greats like Vardy e.g benching him and playing Gray up front.

The one thing that has to be said  in Brendan’s defence is he gives respect where it’s due and understands the dynamics of the squad.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

The only difference with Puel was his complete disrespect for greats like Vardy e.g benching him and playing Gray up front.

The one thing that has to be said  in Brendan’s defence is he gives respect where it’s due and understands the dynamics of the squad.

lol

Oh aye his consistent benching and dropping of players for ages randomly is great.

Puel had to be the bad guy. If Rodgers has joined when Puel did, we'd be battling relegation in the Championship and have a squad with an average age of 40.

• Like 3

A question for those who still back and support Brendan...

1) What would it take for you to no longer support and back Brendan - I assume relegation or I'd that still not enough?

2) Can you give me some examples in the modern era of managers at clubs for a long period who have auccess and then bomb and turn it around? This is what scares me, there's scant evidence. Klopp is probably the only one and it's going south again for him a year after the revival.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1) What would it take for you to no longer support and back Brendan - I assume relegation or I'd that still not enough?

2) Can you give me some examples in the modern era of managers at clubs for a long period who have auccess and then bomb and turn it around? This is what scares me, there's scant evidence. Klopp is probably the only one and it's going south again for him a year after the revival.

That’s a really good question: the nearest example I could think of is Dyche at Burnley when they first came up, dropped down and then came back up. But the level of expectation was totally different and it still fell apart at the end. 
Even the likes of Ferguson and Wenger ended up going off the boil - granted after a much longer tenure but back then managers did get longer in jobs. I think the average lifespan at a club is about 18 months now. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

14th place Pearson left us (with a bloody fraction of the resources and talent mind) would snap your arm off for 14th now. NFP IN.

That’s the problem with some fans, quite happy to be bottom feeders rather than trying to aim fir greater things. NFP would be a disaster. 

On 02/03/2023 at 08:48, TMELcfc said:

I’m suggesting I’d rather have him over Rodgers any day 😂

Also think ‘been a failure at every other club’ is harsh, when you look at the clubs he’s taken over… 

Regardless of the clubs he’s taken over, he by his standards he has been an abject failure. He would be a disaster if he came back and wouldn’t last a year. Simply not worth the punt.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

It’s not entirely his fault but we were in fantastic condition when he arrived. He’ll leave a mess whenever he departs 

This is where the view that Rodgers hasn't been backed isn't accurate. He's spent £260 million in four years but he arrived to an established striker, established goalkeeper, two excellent full backs, an experienced, quality centre half in Evans, a top defensive midfielder, Tielemans on loan with a chance to make it permanent, a winger just back from a very productive loan spell in the Championship and a highly rated number 10. He had to tweak and alter down the line naturally but he walked into a great job and it has steadily got worse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

This is where the view that Rodgers hasn't been backed isn't accurate. He's spent £260 million in four years but he arrived to an established striker, established goalkeeper, two excellent full backs, an experienced, quality centre half in Evans, a top defensive midfielder, Tielemans on loan with a chance to make it permanent, a winger just back from a very productive loan spell in the Championship and a highly rated number 10. He had to tweak and alter down the line naturally but he walked into a great job and it has steadily got worse.

I agree the squad should be in better shape, but the likes of Vardy, Kasper and Evans can't outrun father time. It was never going to be an easy task.

Of the two excellent fullbacks, we sold one, and the other has been blighted by injury. 

I think we have done alright in the market in the main other than a dreadful window in 21/22 

You can argue whether we have spent well, but 260m isn't a lot in 4 years. Newcastle spent that in two windows. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

It's well documented that Rudkin and Rodgers don't get on so I doubt it would be him keeping Rodgers in a job

If that is the case, then we're looking one level up and Top comes into question then.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he can turn it around unless the club perform miracles in the transfer window. Losing against Blackburn was a massive blow for me, the only thing that could give the cloud a silvering was going deep in the FA cup.

Ideally, I like him to keep us up and leave in the summer. I don't believe the club goes down with him at the helm. They would pull the trigger before then.

I can't see him survive not getting points in the next two games.

Mainly because I would prefer a measure search for a new man and then a new guy to have a pre-season rather than be chucked in. 

• Like 1