Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree the squad should be in better shape, but the likes of Vardy, Kasper and Evans can't outrun father time. It was never going to be an easy task.

Of the two excellent fullbacks, we sold one, and the other has been blighted by injury. 

I think we have done alright in the market in the main other than a dreadful window in 21/22 

You can argue whether we have spent well, but 260m isn't a lot in 4 years. Newcastle spent that in two windows. 

They can't but it appears Rodgers sees Ward as the number one so any chance of replacing Kasper properly won't be taken. I think Iheanacho is a capable replacement for Vardy so hopefully that will continue.

Justin and Castagne have been decent signings, and I know losing Ricardo has been a hammer blow, so not particularly his doing there.

£260 million is enough, for me, for a manager to have been backed and get in good signings. We've made some good, some bad but ultimately a lot of our issues stem from a poor culture around the place.

• Like 1

Rodgers ,Puel,wanted to play a particular system.

They wanted to play controlled but quick ball from the back,with quick transition,through midfield..

All players in back 6 of those squads are afraid to release quick ball,front 5-6 can ping it around,when they have it,but panic when a goal down.

I don’t think any set of players,have problems with the idea,but like Puel said,

the intensity & belief fails.Rodgers the same,and really hit with chronic.injuries.

but it’s his responsibility to be flexable & have all his squad prepared for more than one system…

It’s that both have difficulty of even drawing out for long periods, with the quality we had/have just basic solid performances,that help gather momentum…

Selection in all my years I have never criticised, but the Blackburn game for a thousand reasons was wrong and really imbalanced…

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

They can't but it appears Rodgers sees Ward as the number one so any chance of replacing Kasper properly won't be taken. I think Iheanacho is a capable replacement for Vardy so hopefully that will continue.

Justin and Castagne have been decent signings, and I know losing Ricardo has been a hammer blow, so not particularly his doing there.

£260 million is enough, for me, for a manager to have been backed and get in good signings. We've made some good, some bad but ultimately a lot of our issues stem from a poor culture around the place.

I don't think anyone at the club think Danny Ward is a long-term number one. 

I am convinced this season was seen as a write-off and a let's get through it with a rebuild next summer when we were finally in a better place. 

I still think the summer 21/22, when we signed Daka, Soumare, Vestiguarrd and Bertrand have been the major issue with not one making an impact.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's not, but that's the perks of coming into a club with basically a fully built and talented young squad with upside. The idea is to try and keep that continuously turning over though, like a delicious slab of kebab meat.

Just now, filbertway said:

It's not, but that's the perks of coming into a club with basically a fully built and talented young squad with upside. The idea is to try and keep that continuously turning over though, like a delicious slab of kebab meat.

That's the one.

Rodgers and the club needed to do better with the turning of the meat. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think he can turn it around unless the club perform miracles in the transfer window. Losing against Blackburn was a massive blow for me, the only thing that could give the cloud a silvering was going deep in the FA cup.

Ideally, I like him to keep us up and leave in the summer. I don't believe the club goes down with him at the helm. They would pull the trigger before then.

I can't see him survive not getting points in the next two games.

Mainly because I would prefer a measure search for a new man and then a new guy to have a pre-season rather than be chucked in. 

I'd rather we had the best resource pool of managers to choose from which would definitely increase in the summer and if we stay up but I'm very nervous we balls this up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather we had the best resource pool of managers to choose from which would definitely increase in the summer and if we stay up but I'm very nervous we balls this up.

Tbh, we seem at our best when we're chasing games and throw Rodgers tactics out the window. I'm pretty sure we'd be better off with Stowell taking over till June than Rodgers staying.

3 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

The only difference with Puel was his complete disrespect for greats like Vardy e.g benching him and playing Gray up front.

The one thing that has to be said  in Brendan’s defence is he gives respect where it’s due and understands the dynamics of the squad.

Joke yes?  (a huge dose of " Tongue in Cheek" from you I hope)

Edited by Guppys Love Child

7 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Surely Top hears the fan’s frustration even when not at the KP I’m sure he’s still watching our performances on TV back in Thailand or wherever he’s doing business, Blackburn game was the catalyst the final straw so if the fans are so frustrated as most are we need to make our feelings known home and away, Top can’t surely ignore the fans input our team has lost leadership it’s as if we’re counting on Maddison to be fit to be the talisman that is the missing cog in the works, Brendan needs a plan B when Madders is injured but his Plan B is the same as plans A,B, & to Z we can’t always count on Madders to be fit or playing so he needs to change his formations our styles to play to the strengths of the players we have that are fit to give the team the confidence to push on & compete to win games ?

Brendan for me continues to blame everyone but himself for his failings his post match interviews are embarrassing at times & almost sounding like he’s given up it needs someone to slap him round the face and tell him to pull himself together he’s done it before to make us great he can do it again or is it just too late for that so Time to pull the Plug Top time to bring in someone who has enthusiasm a belief a fight ?

The trouble with the fan base is, most want him out now, but if he wins on Saturday the fickle bunch will claim he's going to keep us up and he is the right man. 

As I've said before he's here for the long haul so I'm trying to look for positives. 

The club will still be there when he finally moves on, we can then enjoy the football, if that's the championship I will still be there, just hope Rodgers wont be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hmmm...maybe an idea for our next keeper there...

With the added benefit being the option to devour the new number one if the performances are unimproved (however unlikely).

200 games for brendan. There were some great highs but we are now not only worse off than when he started but we also have a huge contract problem on the horizon. 

Id be calling this a failure on football manager and hitting the quit game button. 

45 minutes ago, browniefox said:

The trouble with the fan base is, most want him out now, but if he wins on Saturday the fickle bunch will claim he's going to keep us up

It’s possible to be both though right? I’m pretty much 90%+ Rodgers Out, but if we win on Saturday, then we probably only need 2-3 wins out of final 13 games, which is doable regardless of who’s in charge

• Like 1

I’ve not got a particular bias either way on Rodgers but someone mentioned earlier about how good the basic squad was when he came in, and I think we saw the best of him in that situation. Since then however, we’ve lost key players to injury & transfer and then failed to replace them with equal quality whilst simultaneously putting big money onto our wage bill to chase a top 4 place. It was never sustainable for a club our size and means, and painted us into a difficult corner financially restricting our ability to operate in the transfer market.

We’ll never know whether the players brought in under Rodgers tenure were first choice or tenth choice, but sadly we now have a distinct lack of quality, and a jaded playing staff, many of which see their future elsewhere. This is a very very different scenario to that which Rodgers found when he first came here. Is he the man to guide us through the rebuild that lies ahead and take us back to being a top ten side? Is he the man you would choose first in this situation? I doubt he’d be top of many people’s lists.

I think it’s inevitable that Rodgers is replaced in the summer as we look to rebuild & perhaps reinvent our football too.

10 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It’s possible to be both though right? I’m pretty much 90%+ Rodgers Out, but if we win on Saturday, then we probably only need 2-3 wins out of final 13 games, which is doable regardless of who’s in charge

Ok I should have added that they would be saying they want him to stay. 

It's been shown in the polls, massively in favour of out after a couple of losses, a win and it's back to 50/50 60/40. 

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

200 games for brendan. There were some great highs but we are now not only worse off than when he started but we also have a huge contract problem on the horizon. 

Id be calling this a failure on football manager and hitting the quit game button. 

First manager since O'Neill to reach that number of top flight games with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

First manager since O'Neill to reach that number of top flight games with us.

Its such a shame we cant celebrate it because of the predicament we are in. He has achieved another 'impossible' milestone for us and im sure I will think fondly of him when he's gone. Contrary to what people think, I do think he's a good bloke, I just think that he looks after number one first.   Which is somewhat understandable in football. 

Problem is that things have gone stale and he's always been a manager for the short term not the long term. Hes an anti-pearson. If we go down, all the good he has done will be forgotten 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Its such a shame we cant celebrate it because of the predicament we are in. He has achieved another 'impossible' milestone for us and im sure I will think fondly of him when he's gone. Contrary to what people think, I do think he's a good bloke, I just think that he looks after number one first.   Which is somewhat understandable in football. 

Problem is that things have gone stale and he's always been a manager for the short term not the long term. Hes an anti-pearson. If we go down, all the good he has done will be forgotten 

Disagree. I think it’s very possible.

We’ve allowed him to drag us down and in his style it was always inevitable.

Because of that, despite the way he is viewed as “elite” from the media no one is willing to touch him with a barge pole so we’ve never been in danger of him being “poached”. Despite the narrative he spun on him saying “I stuck with you”.

It’s a marriage of convenience.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Disagree. I think it’s very possible.

We’ve allowed him to drag us down and in his style it was always inevitable.

Because of that, despite the way he is viewed as “elite” from the media no one is willing to touch him with a barge pole so we’ve never been in danger of him being “poached”. Despite the narrative he spun on him saying “I stuck with you”.

Sorry, my post wasnt clear. The impossible I was meaning was the Fa Cup win. 

3 hours ago, Corky said:

This is where the view that Rodgers hasn't been backed isn't accurate. He's spent £260 million in four years but he arrived to an established striker, established goalkeeper, two excellent full backs, an experienced, quality centre half in Evans, a top defensive midfielder, Tielemans on loan with a chance to make it permanent, a winger just back from a very productive loan spell in the Championship and a highly rated number 10. He had to tweak and alter down the line naturally but he walked into a great job and it has steadily got worse.

Two of those players left for £130m within 18 months, they were never that good for us either.

He stipulated his friend arrived as Head of Recruitment too. Any complaints about about recruitment (whilst Congo river rapids was here) can be attributed to Rodgers

2 hours ago, browniefox said:

The trouble with the fan base is, most want him out now, but if he wins on Saturday the fickle bunch will claim he's going to keep us up and he is the right man. 

As I've said before he's here for the long haul so I'm trying to look for positives. 

The club will still be there when he finally moves on, we can then enjoy the football, if that's the championship I will still be there, just hope Rodgers wont be. 

...that is not strictly true, it may appear so on this forum, but in the main most supporters want to keep him here!!!

It is either due to fear, who else could we bring in, or content that with more money being thrown at the problem it will all turn itself around.

Very much the reason why he is still here is the crowd at games not turning on him, which in turn puts little pressure on Khun Top, to do anything.

The other reason could just be,  we have a recognised manager who has a high profile in the game. By extension we (supporters) gain a sort of kudos, where we are happy to be in any shadow that is cast by him. As a figure head at the club, it gives us a status, where a lesser known manager would struggle to portray.

• Like 1