Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Arsenal, and Blackburn at home was enough for me, an all time low, lower than I've ever seen it.

Players no idea what they were supposed to be doing.

Manager no idea how to effect a change or motivate the team in both second halfs, it really was awful, and that's also me acknowledging it's been fairly flat for so long now, barring a few matches of note Spurs, Villa, Wolves.

For me he has to go, if we dont win against Southampton, not even a draw will satisfy the mood from the last 2 home matches.

He reverts back to a shower of crap, football, to the point I'd rather sunbathe on a Scottish loch in the middle of summer, being eaten to death, and driven  to near insanity by Midges.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right, elephant in the room time.

This notion of 'Who do we bring in'.

It's a fair question, however, I don't ever remember it being asked before. Ever.

As I say it's a fair question and my answer is I don't know, equally, it's not my job, I certainly doesn't mean keeping Rodgers is the answer though.

I feel we've gone full circle of asking 'Who do we bring in....there's nobody out there', to Potter going Chelsea (Fair enough question marks are being raised over him now), to De Zerbi to Brighton, to Emery going Villa, to Lopetegui going Wolves, to Dyche going Everton, back to 'ThErE's NoBoDy OuT tHeRe, WhO dO wE bRiNg In?!?!?!'. This season alone.

Meanwhile we've been sat for 2.5 years being 'careful what we wish for'.

Side note - I might repeat myself but I still don't believe I've been answered as to whether Rodgers was seen as obtainable when we sacked Puel. It's been said he was touted for the job for years previous but mid season? Was it really obtainable? When he was on the verge of doing the treble treble (Is that right? - I dunno, it's the Scottish Pub League).

Thomas Frank

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think anyone at the club think Danny Ward is a long-term number one. 

I am convinced this season was seen as a write-off and a let's get through it with a rebuild next summer when we were finally in a better place. 

I still think the summer 21/22, when we signed Daka, Soumare, Vestiguarrd and Bertrand have been the major issue with not one making an impact.

I'd agree with that apart from the bit that bit one has made an impact - the Southampton contingent made a terrible one, shambles signings...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Right, elephant in the room time.

This notion of 'Who do we bring in'.

It's a fair question, however, I don't ever remember it being asked before. Ever.

As I say it's a fair question and my answer is I don't know, equally, it's not my job, I certainly doesn't mean keeping Rodgers is the answer though.

I feel we've gone full circle of asking 'Who do we bring in....there's nobody out there', to Potter going Chelsea (Fair enough question marks are being raised over him now), to De Zerbi to Brighton, to Emery going Villa, to Lopetegui going Wolves, to Dyche going Everton, back to 'ThErE's NoBoDy OuT tHeRe, WhO dO wE bRiNg In?!?!?!'. This season alone.

Meanwhile we've been sat for 2.5 years being 'careful what we wish for'.

Side note - I might repeat myself but I still don't believe I've been answered as to whether Rodgers was seen as obtainable when we sacked Puel. It's been said he was touted for the job for years previous but mid season? Was it really obtainable? When he was on the verge of doing the treble treble (Is that right? - I dunno, it's the Scottish Pub League).

Simple, go and ask Arne Slot if he'd come to us this summer if we are in the PL. If the answer is yes then that has to be the plan, but we have to somehow ensure we are still in the Prem.

Of the out of work managers Marcelino or Gallardo would be very interesting choices.

• Like 2

Readily available managers from Europe. 
Marcelino

Gattuso 

Farve 

Hutter 

Gallardo

Bordalas

Bosz 

Villas Boas 

I know Gallardo isn’t from Europe but any of the above would get more out of this team than Rodgers. That’s what frustrates me more than anything. 
Add Slot, Fischer, Glasner,  Genesio and Svensson in jobs  and there’s plenty out there to look at.  

• Like 3

I don't think it's so much a question of "well, who would the fans want?". I think the only reason to not get rid of Rodgers would hinge on what state the club leadership is in with regards finding a new manager. If they were sensible, they should have been seriously considering that a new manager will be needed, and they should have been preparing since last season, be aware of who is available, had discrete words with manager's agents etc.

My fear is the club has done not any of that, and is just sticking its head in the sand and has done no groundwork whatsover. It will reach a critical point and they'll dither about one way or the other until it's too late.

The whole situation is deeply concerning, we have a manager who is so far past his sell by date he's stinking out the fridge, while the leadership aren't aware or don't care about the rancid smell kicking about. Even if we survive this season, there's every chance thats just the cue for the club leaving Rodgers in situ for another transfer window and we end up going down next season instead.

• Like 2

Top's message, going into this match against Southampton should be simple, Win, or your gone, surely he has to be at that stage with him, he must know he is under performing, with what he has got, players, facilities etc, and the kings ransom of a wage. 

We can get a top manager no question,but will that new boy,take on the Leicester history,and mantra, and understand the Leicester needs,and balanced ambitions.

A manager that can take us into the next 3-5 years,and like but even better than Pearson,build the infrastructure around the club,and take advantage of Seagrave.

A fly by night we don’t want…A Ranieri type now we don’t want..

A new generation MON,or forget comparisons a new manager who wants to create his own history, and story….Than man with no name…

Rodgers might not understand it, we fans might stand somewhat clueless,but tomorrow is a major hit of a game, Rodgers is being asked the umpteenth time, can you bring that game, that occasionally you have hit on.

.I believe this is THE game, we crap out,then it will be a nose dive..We have 3 excellent buys plus the fillip of a returning Ricardo and Maddison.

Rodgers can’t waste the moment..

or he goes down despite past success,as the LCFC. Manager not being able or have the nous to work with high quality potential,or how to use it…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Top's message, going into this match against Southampton should be simple, Win, or your gone, surely he has to be at that stage with him, he must know he is under performing, with what he has got, players, facilities etc, and the kings ransom of a wage. 

I genuinely don't think Top is anywhere near that stage with him, sadly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Is anyone genuinely still Brendan in?

Drift around the Facebook groups. On certain ones you're made a pariah for even suggesting our FA Cup winning manager deserves anything other than a new long-term deal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree the squad should be in better shape, but the likes of Vardy, Kasper and Evans can't outrun father time. It was never going to be an easy task.

Of the two excellent fullbacks, we sold one, and the other has been blighted by injury. 

I think we have done alright in the market in the main other than a dreadful window in 21/22 

You can argue whether we have spent well, but 260m isn't a lot in 4 years. Newcastle spent that in two windows. 

But Vardy is Father Time,and the grim reeper combined…Wait until next season.
& maybe this EOS run in.

12 hours ago, iancognito said:

Drift around the Facebook groups. On certain ones you're made a pariah for even suggesting our FA Cup winning manager deserves anything other than a new long-term deal.

I've had to stop replying to people on there as there are so many morons. On the odd occasion we win its all "where are the Brendan haters now". We have far too many happy clappers within our fan base now that are happy to be supporting "little old leicester" and are stuck in the thought process of "but we were in league 1 so we should be happy where we are". Too many people think buying a season ticket/match ticket is enough and that's their full undying support for the club and they should get a best supporter medal, failing to realise that happy clapping when the club is in an absolute shambles is actually helping towards the destruction of the club. Back the lads and shout and sing to give our support but when we are utterly bollocks like against Blackburn and many other times this season, the happy clapping should stop and the real voices should be heard! 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 4