Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Potter is a fraud, just like Rodgers (although at least Rodgers has won something). 

They both get media rep points because they’re British coaches playing tipy tapy football, thinking they’re pep. Reality is, they both have plan A and plan A only. Whatever our problems are with Rodgers, they wouldn’t go away with Potter, in my opinion. 

Fraud is harsh. Its the media that bigs them up because they are desperate for UK coaches to be considered part of the elite. What annoys me is when people can't see beyond that. Potter is showing his frailties in plain sight and people are still not willing to accept it might be because he is not up to it. His record at Chelsea would get us relegated. We need Brendan out, but Potter brings in more of the same - a protected supposed elite manager who's own bloody mindedness is his downfall and is protected by the media. Better elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Potter is a fraud, just like Rodgers (although at least Rodgers has won something). 

They both get media rep points because they’re British coaches playing tipy tapy football, thinking they’re pep. Reality is, they both have plan A and plan A only. Whatever our problems are with Rodgers, they wouldn’t go away with Potter, in my opinion. 

Potter took a Swedish tinpot club to the Europa League knockout rounds. He took Brighton from a crap one dimensional team to a watchable top half team. I'm not saying he's an elite coach but he is good. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nod.E said:

They never dared to dream about how we might establish ourselves as regular challengers for top 6.

Well you can hardly blame them for this particular one. Maybe they noticed that as there were six clubs who had owners at least as wealthy as ours but also had massively bigger annual income, and that those clubs simply buy the best players from any club that looks remotely like challenging, becoming 'regular challengers for top 6' was a pipe dream.

Unless you go down the Newcastle route, god forbid.

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Brighton being 'watchable' last season is subjective. For all our sh1teness last year we outscored them and won more games (and finished above them). Potter was able to master a draw and they had a horrible losing streak. 

If we are going to complain about missing top 4 for 2 seasons, then what does that make of Brighton last season? His credentials last season and his current spell at Chelsea don't scream 'man for the Leicester job' one bit.

Wow, welcome to the Graham Potter's The Pits Club. I didn't realise there was anyone on here who disliked him more than me, but you've announced yourself! Brilliant 😂

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Brighton being 'watchable' last season is subjective. For all our sh1teness last year we outscored them and won more games (and finished above them). Potter was able to master a draw and they had a horrible losing streak. 

If we are going to complain about missing top 4 for 2 seasons, then what does that make of Brighton last season? His credentials last season and his current spell at Chelsea don't scream 'man for the Leicester job' one bit.

Nicely ignore his work in Sweden that was pointed out

12 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The obsession with playing out from the back in nauseating at times. 

It's everywhere in football these days, hate it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They were definitely much more watchable than we were. He's worth a punt. He's worked himself up to where he is on merit. He wasn't just given jobs based on his playing days like Lampard and Gerrard. The guy has some glaring shortcomings but he deserves respect and recognition for the good coach that he is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

There was enough booing on Tuesday at several moments to suggest all isn't well outside this forum, too.

I don’t know a single ST holder who wasn’t in the Out camp last season. I never go on any Fb groups, but what I see on Twitter is overwhelmingly negative too. I’ve no idea where the whole ‘it is just FT’ thing comes from.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I don’t know a single ST holder who wasn’t in the Out camp last season. I never go on any Fb groups, but what I see on Twitter is overwhelmingly negative too. I’ve no idea where the whole ‘it is just FT’ thing comes from.

I am a season ticket holder and I do not want him gone - too late and these are his players he needs to prove he can get us out of this mess although the whole club have gone backwards - if he is to go then preseason is the time but we have a massive rebuild and someone who understands the squad is critical - the players have also got a lot to answer for as they are not putting it in and whilst he may not be as good as press or he believes we could have a lot lot worse imo.

I like many would have got rid in October giving someone time and January to solve the motivation, organisation and get the team better tactically prepared but it’s too late now…

The approach on contracts, investment and general club running has stagnated which is not his fault but you cannot stand still in the prem otherwise you get left behind ….which is exactly what has happened ….preseason will be so challenging as we have our best players leaving and others entering latter part of contracts which make them tricky to manage …..

Top, board, manager and academy all need massive overhauls …..IF we stay up I fear next season will be even more challenging 

51 minutes ago, Koke said:

Potter took a Swedish tinpot club to the Europa League knockout rounds. He took Brighton from a crap one dimensional team to a watchable top half team. I'm not saying he's an elite coach but he is good. 

I might be wrong, but I am sure it took Potter about 3 years and plenty of signings / money to get Brighton to where they are today... we don't have that time...

I am just sick to death of the obsession for possession, the game is evolving again / has evolved. Teams who pass it around the back for no reason, get pressed and concede. All we do when we lose it, is half press, one or two go and it leaves a massive gap between forward players and the midfield. 

Man City get plaudits for how they play, but they work really hard as a unit to win the ball back. 

I would like to just see a move away from this borefest served up most weeks and for me Potter wouldn't be any different. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daggers said:

...If the stadium reaction matched Foxestalk, he would have been out the door last season!!!

A 95% of "out" in a poll on here, yet hardly a murmur at the ground. 

A short look at BSLB and the presenters apart from Ric was espousing "Brendan in", we are very much an echo chamber on here.

40 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah? What's your point

I was being daft, but it seems Potter protectionism is a serious business. I know little about his time there and couldn't tell you if it was 100% due to him, or a perfect storm of amazing academy players and funding. Sounds like he did well - good on him. But his time in the PL is more illuminating. He did ok at Brighton, but had issues with attacking play that is manifesting into a real rot for him. His current Chelsea team have scored 4 goals this calendar year in all competitions. He's not playing academy reserves, he has embarrassing riches at his disposal. People talk about their current form like they are inconsistent. They aren't, they are awful and playing hideous football and someone less protected would be getting an absolute kicking in the media right now. 

One thing i do agree with is that Chelsea are an embarrassment. Bohley appointed Potter purely on this media reputation, and i think he couldn't resist the marketing value of a British coach working out. But Potter was equally stupid for taking the role, believing that Chelsea would let him go on some sort of project whilst they are paying monopoly money for any player with a pulse. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

I was being daft, but it seems Potter protectionism is a serious business. I know little about his time there and couldn't tell you if it was 100% due to him, or a perfect storm of amazing academy players and funding. Sounds like he did well - good on him. But his time in the PL is more illuminating. He did ok at Brighton, but had issues with attacking play that is manifesting into a real rot for him. His current Chelsea team have scored 4 goals this calendar year in all competitions. He's not playing academy reserves, he has embarrassing riches at his disposal. People talk about their current form like they are inconsistent. They aren't, they are awful and playing hideous football and someone less protected would be getting an absolute kicking in the media right now. 

One thing i do agree with is that Chelsea are an embarrassment. Bohley appointed Potter purely on this media reputation, and i think he couldn't resist the marketing value of a British coach working out. But Potter was equally stupid for taking the role, believing that Chelsea would let him go on some sort of project whilst they are paying monopoly money for any player with a pulse. 

Yeah not denying he's been crap at Chelsea, probably not the easiest situation to actually manage but he should definitely be doing better. Said it the other day but he got Oli McBurnie to score 20+ whilst at Swansea so the blokes a miracle worker really 😂

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I agree.

That is of course until you look around at matches and see many swathes of happy clappers whilst getting scowls from people when you shout or try and get something going about wanting Rodgers out.

19 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

...I have said it before,  the opportunity to manage Chelsea is an opportunity which may never come again!!!

If he had turned it down, he would have been viewed as unambitious, lacking the courage to take on a top team management role.

We all asked the questions why they went for him, pretty much if you walk in and you have little knowledge of the game (Boehly) then you make these decisions base on populist views.

Potter needs the time, he probably has players who believes he is beneath them and he brings nothing to the table. We appear to be the right size for him, with owners who would allow him the time but unable to give him too big a budget per year. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Fraud is harsh. Its the media that bigs them up because they are desperate for UK coaches to be considered part of the elite. What annoys me is when people can't see beyond that. Potter is showing his frailties in plain sight and people are still not willing to accept it might be because he is not up to it. His record at Chelsea would get us relegated. We need Brendan out, but Potter brings in more of the same - a protected supposed elite manager who's own bloody mindedness is his downfall and is protected by the media. Better elsewhere. 

Who are these “people”. I reckon most of the football fraternity,know the stand of things…Its just also from the media,which has a wide spread platform,

4-6, decent write ups ignored and many will concentrate & jump on 1-2, controversial,clickbait deliberately posed write ups,either ok for one’s agenda,or

over analysed for the contra arguments…

Its sort of picking of your own poison to fit..Or being one dimensional & bombastic,

not an ounce of flexability,even like most fans, one is not aware of the facts..

one of the best examples of shooting first…on FT,means everybody has access to internet information,but a player is not on the team list and then some start an immediate campaign against any said manager,before being told the player is injured…the dodos can’t  look at the gameday information platforms,but is daft enough to first criticise…but no matter how wrong will stick to his guns on the right to shower opinions…based on one’s own individual incompetence.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have said it before,  the opportunity to manage Chelsea is an opportunity which may never come again!!!

If he had turned it down, he would have been viewed as unambitious, lacking the courage to take on a top team management role.

We all asked the questions why they went for him, pretty much if you walk in and you have little knowledge of the game (Boehly) then you make these decisions base on populist views.

So he is incapable of turning the wrong job down as well? If he continued to do well at Brighton, the other opportunities would have always manifested themselves. Don't always have to take the first one that arrives, especially when the club is clearly owned by idiots. He is now in a position where this job is damaging his stock so much he might only be able to manage relegation fodder from here on. 

I presume he will do a Brendan and move to Scotland and win a few trophies for Celtic to make everyone think he is elite again.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Potter needs the time, he probably has players who believes he is beneath them and he brings nothing to the table. 

This is the bit i keep hearing but can't get my head around. I get the 'time' part if there is inconsistency but you can clearly see what is being achieved. Its nowhere near that with terrible results and terrible play. Saying players are beneath him are just excuses. He has embarrassing riches at his disposal and he should have been getting some sort of tune out of them, even if it means HE has to adapt his preferred style of play.