Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Is there any game closer to this one in terms of defensive performance and character under Rodgers ?

They are like Marvel heroes to what we've got now..

This is something brendan Rodgers will never provides, although he always talks about character and fighting spirit..

5 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

Is there any game closer to this one in terms of defensive performance and character under Rodgers ?

They are like Marvel heroes to what we've got now..

This is something brendan Rodgers will never provides, although he always talks about character and fighting spirit..

Forgot about the Giroud attempt when he had Huth's shirt off him yet had the audacity to try it should be a penalty to Arsenal.

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Right, elephant in the room time.

This notion of 'Who do we bring in'.

It's a fair question, however, I don't ever remember it being asked before. Ever.

As I say it's a fair question and my answer is I don't know, equally, it's not my job, I certainly doesn't mean keeping Rodgers is the answer though.

I feel we've gone full circle of asking 'Who do we bring in....there's nobody out there', to Potter going Chelsea (Fair enough question marks are being raised over him now), to De Zerbi to Brighton, to Emery going Villa, to Lopetegui going Wolves, to Dyche going Everton, back to 'ThErE's NoBoDy OuT tHeRe, WhO dO wE bRiNg In?!?!?!'. This season alone.

Meanwhile we've been sat for 2.5 years being 'careful what we wish for'.

Side note - I might repeat myself but I still don't believe I've been answered as to whether Rodgers was seen as obtainable when we sacked Puel. It's been said he was touted for the job for years previous but mid season? Was it really obtainable? When he was on the verge of doing the treble treble (Is that right? - I dunno, it's the Scottish Pub League).

The biggest problem is the people that say that can't stretch themselves further than big Sam. Because they don't know anyone outside of who's been sacked recently they don't know anyone in the wider world of football, so assume there is nobody. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Potter reminds me a lot of Rodgers where there is almost a stubbornness of style over substance, and regardless of results seem determined to impart their philosophy/brand of football regardless of whether they have the personnel at their disposal or if the preferred style is not delivering success on the pitch. We have had 18 months or so of this from Rodgers and I am not sure Potter wouldn’t offer more of the same. 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

This is the bit i keep hearing but can't get my head around. I get the 'time' part if there is inconsistency but you can clearly see what is being achieved. Its nowhere near that with terrible results and terrible play. Saying players are beneath him are just excuses. He has embarrassing riches at his disposal and he should have been getting some sort of tune out of them, even if it means HE has to adapt his preferred style of play.

....he needs to build a foundation, he needs to have trust in his players and build on that!!!

I would believe he would rather have brought his own back line with him and build off that. Pearson bringing in ex City players, covertly introducing his values and ideas into the new squad of players.

When I said the comment regarding being beneath him, I meant the players would view him (Potter) as someone who is beneath them. What has he done in his career and what has he achieved would be what they are thinking. 

• Thanks 1

Guest glasgowfox

Think he should have gone during world cup break.....I would imagine any new manager would have 100% brought in a new keeper.  Apart from a possible new manager bounce, I don't see any point sacking him now as can't think of anyone to replace him, fireman Sam on short term a possibility but also smells of desperation.  Anyone wanting us to lose today in a hope of brendan getting the bullet is not, in my view , a true fan. Win today I think we will be OK...otherwise we are really upto our knees in it.  I want brendan gone but not as much as I want 3 points today.  End of season  best time now Imo.

5 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well you can hardly blame them for this particular one. Maybe they noticed that as there were six clubs who had owners at least as wealthy as ours but also had massively bigger annual income, and that those clubs simply buy the best players from any club that looks remotely like challenging, becoming 'regular challengers for top 6' was a pipe dream.

Unless you go down the Newcastle route, god forbid.

Challengers for top 6 means being in it every 3 or 4 seasons, settling into 7th/8th most seasons.

2 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Think he should have gone during world cup break.....I would imagine any new manager would have 100% brought in a new keeper.  Apart from a possible new manager bounce, I don't see any point sacking him now as can't think of anyone to replace him, fireman Sam on short term a possibility but also smells of desperation.  Anyone wanting us to lose today in a hope of brendan getting the bullet is not, in my view , a true fan. Win today I think we will be OK...otherwise we are really upto our knees in it.  I want brendan gone but not as much as I want 3 points today.  End of season  best time now Imo.

If I’m not mistaken we won 4 out of 5 before the World Cup break. 

We’ve got to face the fact that he won’t be sacked until it’s too late. Top isn’t doing anything about it and the media and majority of fans feel we should appreciate what we have and what he’s done. We’re doomed.