Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd obviously love us to go out and recruit some Ten Hag or Gasperini style cavalier football genius. 

But we're probably getting a bit big for our britches if that's seriously what we're expecting. 

When Rodgers goes it'll be a Frank, Potter, etc level replacement that comes in with near certainty. We've grown as a club but we've not grown THAT much. Antonio Conte isn't going to be knocking on the doors of King Power HQ demanding an interview. 

If anything, Graham Potter is quite likely to have already set his sights on more ambitious goals than LCFC by the time Rodgers does depart. 

Unsure on Potter actually, I think he needs a team in the Europa areas before he's given a chance above ourselves. Maybe a Spurs esque side?

37 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I think the reality with Rogers, is that IF one of those big clubs come calling. he goes. 

There is normally a small window for managers for get this type of opportunity unless they are in the truly Elite group of managers (which I don't think Rodgers is) 

His stock is riding high currently, but if Tielemans didn't sign a new contract and let's say Daka didn't settle and we couldn't sure up the defence without evans (all of which are a possibility over the next 2-3 years) he could find his reputation on the wane and not being talked about by those big clubs again. 

look at someone like Eddie Howe.  Previously talked about as a future manager for big clubs.  currently, he isn't even in the conversation.  Will he ever be again? who knows. 

Clearly, as fans, we love Leicester City, we are proud of our club, proud of it's ambition and "the project".  But lets not kid ourselves that if Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona or Real Madrid came in for Rodgers he would choose to stay.  He just won't.   Not least, because he will have the belief that he can deliver at those clubs, with their budgets. 

.......with their budgets.

You do know that both Barca and Real Madrid are effectively bankrupt at the moment?  Which is why they wanted the ESL cash.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unsure on Potter actually, I think he needs a team in the Europa areas before he's given a chance above ourselves. Maybe a Spurs esque side?

We're an attractive enough short term prospect that I think we could poach a transfer target from Tottenham at the moment. I think we're "bigger" than them in that sense at this exact moment. 

But we're not far enough along in our progression that we're going to be taking managers from Spurs. If Potter does go there, and it's a pretty good shout, he's out of our reach. 

That's exactly the sort of move I can see him considering "more ambitious" than us. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd obviously love us to go out and recruit some Ten Hag or Gasperini style cavalier football genius. 

But we're probably getting a bit big for our britches if that's seriously what we're expecting. 

When Rodgers goes it'll be a Frank, Potter, etc level replacement that comes in with near certainty. We've grown as a club but we've not grown THAT much. Antonio Conte isn't going to be knocking on the doors of King Power HQ demanding an interview. 

If anything, Graham Potter is quite likely to have already set his sights on more ambitious goals than LCFC by the time Rodgers does depart. 

This. I don't think Potter would come to us.

39 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

.......with their budgets.

You do know that both Barca and Real Madrid are effectively bankrupt at the moment?  Which is why they wanted the ESL cash.

so skint they bid 160m for Mbappe in the summer. 

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Lots of people keen on Potter if Rodgers leaves at some point.

Now I like Potter, he's sides play nice football. But I'm yet to be convinced he's a top manager like some claim.

His win ratio at Brighton is 28.9% (97 games), to put that in prospective Steve Bruce at Newcastle is the same with 28.9% (97 games), and Chris Hughton 23.6% at Brighton. 

Brighton finishes under Potter 16th (41 pts), 15th (41 pts), under Chris Hughton 17th (36 pts), 15th (40 pts), 

So in two season he hardly improved there league finishing or point total. However he has improved their style.

Yes they have had a good start lying 5th with 15pts after 9 games, but Southampton were top after 8 games last season with 16 pts.  

Also their wins have came against Watford, Burnley, Brentford and a very luck one against us. 

Can easily see them finishing in the bottom half of the table. 

This is a great post. This is why I said I thought we should aim higher. I don't dislike Potter just think there seems to be a bit of a mystique around him. I think he's pretty average. Perhaps in time he'll go on to achieve great things, however I'm not convinced he'd be a good replacement for The Brodge.

Edited by Tielemans63

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No come on he is like the antithesis of Rodgers football and we don't have the players for it / it would be wasting their talents.

Dyche isn't going to adapt his approach if he comes here!

What on earth do you mean? Stick Vesty up front and we have thirty goals a season under Dyche tactics.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think the likes of Gasperini and Ten Hag are out of the question, unlikely but not impossible. I think our club has a very good reputation in Europe these days. I'll be honest, when we were first linked with Rodgers I didn't think he'd seriously want to come here but he did.

That said, hopefully all of this is academic as Brendan isn't going anywhere for a while and is currently the best man for the job by a distance imho.

11 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

What on earth do you mean? Stick Vesty up front and we have thirty goals a season under Dyche tactics.

Maybe you're right, bring Crazy Gang / Cambridge John Beck back in fashion. Vestergaard and Daka little and large up front! We can sell Youri then as the midfield won't be needed , 6-0-4 formation.

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Agreed. No way United are sensible enough to go for a great manager like Brendan. They'll probably give it to someone like Zidane. Pay him £10m a year and then realise after 15 months that the fact he doesn't speak a word of English might be an issue.

Or give it to David Beckham. 

8 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I think the club probably has a shortlist of underrated managers that they'd pursue in the event of Rodgers leaving, similar to the way we buy players. 

Wonder if Eddie Howe would be on that list? But do want Rodgers to stay as long as possible. We’re lucky to have him. 

51 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This. I don't think Potter would come to us.

Potter is on way less than he would be on here at the moment. Of course he would come if we offered him more money.  Player for player we have a better squad than Brighton too.