Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

36 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Potter is on way less than he would be on here at the moment. Of course he would come if we offered him more money.  Player for player we have a better squad than Brighton too.

I don't dispute any of that. I've just heard that Potter is only likely to leave Brighton if one of the very top jobs (as he perceives it) comes up - and that doesn't include us.

I see lots of clubs in Europe are being managed by younger stylish guys which has been successful. I think we should go a manager who has had a past link with Leicester, and the only one I can think of was Esteban Cambiasso. Many Leicester players have said that he was a major influence in improving their game in 2015.

Some here want Potter, but he's already got a job managering Brighton, so he's not available.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Ok close thread.

We're not the media - it's a forum. Are we not allowed to discuss when our manager gets linked away by a credible journalistic source?

"Credible journalistic source"!! There is very little credibility in the media. They're either trying to get a "scoop" or simply making up stories. Majority of it is hogwash!!

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don't dispute any of that. I've just heard that Potter is only likely to leave Brighton if one of the very top jobs (as he perceives it) comes up - and that doesn't include us.

I am not sure he would have said "but not Leicester".  As Brendan would go to both Man Utd or Barcelona, we are a step up from Brighton at the moment and not many would turn down another £m or 2.

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I see lots of clubs in Europe are being managed by younger stylish guys which has been successful. I think we should go a manager who has had a past link with Leicester, and the only one I can think of was Esteban Cambiasso. Many Leicester players have said that he was a major influence in improving their game in 2015.

Some here want Potter, but he's already got a job managering Brighton, so he's not available.

Everyone is available for a price including Brendan who has a stupidly high release clause in his contract.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Like who? I personally think he would be the ideal candidate. He plays a brand of football that is compatible with our squad and would be a good fit for the overall setup of the club.  

.. according to that previous article he sounds like a Rodgers clone!!!

Not too keen on the chopping and changes of systems and the need to tinker in between games in order to achieve result. Rodgers do not react quick enough and he overplays the situation.

We will probably not have a better continuation candidate.

He is a big option.

59 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I can't see any top club taking a gamble on him unless he proves himself at an in-between club like us, West Ham or Everton.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So you guys want Potter to resign from his job, and Leicester pay millions in compensation to Brighton and then pay double or triple what he earned at Brighton. If he's not loyal with them, then he probably jump ship in two years time from Leicester

I definitely don't want that. Sounds like an awful deal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So you guys want Potter to resign from his job, and Leicester pay millions in compensation to Brighton and then pay double or triple what he earned at Brighton. If he's not loyal with them, then he probably jump ship in two years time from Leicester

No .I don’t give a crap what he does as long as he doesn’t come to manage LCFC .

• Like 1

I've watched a fair bit of Brighton over the last couple of seasons and think Potter would be a great choice if Rodgers were to go. His teams play excellent, pass and move football and it was only because their players couldn't finish for shit last season that they didn't finish much higher. He did brilliantly in Sweden, taking them from the fourth tier into Europe, did a good job at Swansea and is now doing well at Brighton. If Brighton play good football with the players they've got, think how well he'd do with Daka, Iheanacho, Maddison and co. 

I'm surprised Spurs didn't go for him in the summer and would be amazed if they didn't look at him closely if/when they sack Nuno. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

After Rodgers, we need someone with a similar profile, Cambiasso would be a step down.

Look at Ole and Arteta as reasons why we should let him develop his career in coaching/management before going for him. If he goes on to do great stuff and surpass us an attractive offer for him, so be it, but I don’t want us taking that risk yet when we still also have a lot to develop. 

Ole hasn't got any tactical nous while Arteta seems to have steadied Arsenal and seems to be building something there. Cambiasso did motivate Leicester players to do better and with a more knowledgeable assistant I think he will great for Leicester

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Hell be there forever then because the very top jobs don't go for manager like him 

We don't do 'up and coming' managers anymore. That was our old MO, looking for a Brian Little; Mcghee - MON - Taylor - Adams - Levein. 

Now Rudkin and Top tend to go for experience or safe bets;  Sven to Pearson to Ranieri to Puel to Rodgers. All had years under their belt. On that basis there'd be no Potter, no Frank no Gerrard.  It'd be an outlier; a Villas Boas. Jogi Loew. Koeman even.  Someone who been round the block and has higher level credentials 

4 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

so skint they bid 160m for Mbappe in the summer. 

To appease the fans ffs.  They knew the bid would not be accepted. Get real.

11 minutes ago, turlo said:

Man Utd want another yes man not someone who will stand up to Woodward and their board. Conte will end up sparking one of them out

image.png.3c11051a7203031e6286a277f17b71ad.png

Someone is too expensive say the club who spent £90m on Harry Maguire 

• Haha 1

I just don't see man united going for Brendan in the end. Still think it's a bad gig for him but hey, money talks sometimes and perhaps so called "ambition".

Man united need a manager who won't take shit and has the right personality. I think conte is more aligned with what they need in terms of a proven winner both as a player and manager. The days of managers like SAF sticking around for decades just don't happen anymore.

Short term success over 3 to 5 years is what you focus on nowadays. I think he could do that for them.  Fire, then on to the next mgr . Rinse, repeat.

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

We don't do 'up and coming' managers anymore. That was our old MO, looking for a Brian Little; Mcghee - MON - Taylor - Adams - Levein. 

Now Rudkin and Top tend to go for experience or safe bets;  Sven to Pearson to Ranieri to Puel to Rodgers. All had years under their belt. On that basis there'd be no Potter, no Frank no Gerrard.  It'd be an outlier; a Villas Boas. Jogi Loew. Koeman even.  Someone who been round the block and has higher level credentials 

Rudi Garcia

• Like 1