Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Imagine being given this job, with this group of players and your remit is to just avoid the drop. Got to be one of the easiest managerial jobs around. You could literally let the players do it themselves.

• Like 1

The side although not world beaters has enough quality managed properly with the right tactics to finish 11th-12th with nothing too worry about.

The absolute dross of tactics and way we set up has sucked the life out of the squad. They just aren't capable and aren't suited to this way of playing. 

Get this prat out now or we will be playing in the Championship come August. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shane said:

We can put him on gardening leave cant we? Question is do wehave room left in thebudget for a new manager 

If by budget you mean cash in the club, the answers clearly yes.

If you mean within the confines of FFP, does it really bloody matter? The cost of relegation will kill this football club, that's not an exaggeration. Take the hit of a FFP penalty over relegation any day. As Chelsea showed, if you know the punishment is coming, you can get your deals in early doors and ride any window bans out if that's what it comes to

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

This is what happens when you have a limited manager with no real interest in the job. Not bothered or not capable of doing anything different, of getting everything out of the players, of trying something fresh.

He exists to get the odd good result and do meaningless, time filling interviews about how the club was great but isn't now. 

For however bad it is this season, it'll be a lot worse in future with our best players leaving. There is no positive outcome to him staying.

Best players?

There's no plural. We have one player. And yes, he's going.

We're utterly fvcked.

Manager and owners need to go. Now.

4 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

The side although not world beaters has enough quality managed properly with the right tactics to finish 11th-12th with nothing too worry about.

The absolute dross of tactics and way we set up has sucked the life out of the squad. They just aren't capable and aren't suited to this way of playing. 

Get this prat out now or we will be playing in the Championship come August. 

Bottom of the championship come August 

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpool/157398/top-20-brilliantly-cringeworthy-brendan-rodgers-quotes.html

1. ”It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes.”

2. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

3. On Luis Suarez: “He is a real warrior of spirit.”

4. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

5. “I am not a power freak.” (We think the lady doth protest too much!)

6. “I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

7. “When we have the football, everybody’s a player.”

8. “You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

9. ‘I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

10.”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

11. “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

12. “Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen.

13. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

14. “I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

15. “All I’ll ever do is all I’ve ever done in any job, and that’s promise to fight for my life for the people of the city.”

16. On the ‘Being: Liverpool’ documentary: “It was something I didn’t watch, and thankfully it’s over.”

17. “I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

18. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”

19. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

20. “We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Best players?

There's no plural. We have one player. And yes, he's going.

We're utterly fvcked.

Manager and owners need to go. Now.

I think we have a decent squad. Much better than most of the bottom half of the division. We just aren’t getting anything out of them. It is all on the manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

I think we have a decent squad. Much better than most of the bottom half of the division. We just aren’t getting anything out of them. It is all on the manager.

The manager doesn't make the players make brain dead decisions on the pitch and make them lose their ability to pass a football or shoot.

• Haha 2