Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Reputationally, will he recover from relegation?

So on his notepad, for most of the season, all he's been writing are the excuses he's going to use for when we get relegated. He's on notepad number 5 already. 

SACK HIM TOP 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Reputationally, will he recover from relegation?

How can you not see the narrative that he's already spinning. 

Weve not backed him, he's elite. 

Anyone who thinks he doesn't spin it to suit him is deluded 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RichmondAsianElephant said:

BR Just said on MOTD post interview - the players played well and if they play like this until the rest of the season they will be fine.

Was the manager watching the same game as I was today?

zero shots on target 

This is why I think he's mocking the fanbase 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichmondAsianElephant said:

BR Just said on MOTD post interview - the players played well and if they play like this until the rest of the season they will be fine.

Was the manager watching the same game as I was today?

zero shots on target 

They are the worst team in the league  

It makes no ****ing sense 

This thread is way beyond his failings as a manager now. It's really a question of do we get relegated with or without him? I'm starting to think "with" is the funnier option. But that would backfire massively if we didn't sack him after that, and had to endure Rodgers in the Championship would be horrible. The Championship is a proper tough league that requires big men, not pissy little dwarves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our recruitment has been poor to average for a while now. Whether BR bears any responsibility for this, I don't know. What I do know is that his shills, both on FoxesTalk and in the media, have always insisted that he is a coach who improves players, and makes a team more than the sum of its parts. I'm sorry but the evidence suggests this is clearly not true. He couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Our recruitment has been poor to average for a while now. Whether BR bears any responsibility for this, I don't know. What I do know is that his shills, both on FoxesTalk and in the media, have always insisted that he is a coach who improves players, and makes a team more than the sum of its parts. I'm sorry but the evidence suggests this is clearly not true. He couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Rodgers quote "I've been watching Vestegaard for over a year now" prior to signing him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the salads who have been oblivious to the shit storm we've been heading towards this last year will finally start to realise that brown nosing Rodgers doesn't prevent Tony Pulis haunting you in your sleep next year or your car breaking down on the A14 on the way back from Ipswich. 

Things will get very nasty on the terraces in the coming weeks, we are going down without action, I'll struggle not to giggle as the penny finally drops.

I will never forgive our fans for letting this happen with no resistance 

• Like 3

The guy is a charlatan. He was lucky that Puel built a very capable squad, despite his failings in matches, and, to be fair, BR got the best out of that at first. But once it came to development of that, he failed. The two 5th places, when 4th each time was easier, showed his mental and tactical frailty that affected the squad. The FA Cup win was great although we rode our luck with the draw. He should be thanked for that and told now his time is up. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

No chance he gets sacked. He should, but all the evidence points towards blind faith.

We should have pulled the trigger after the Forest FA Cup debacle. We didn't, and we deserve everything coming our way. Could have sacked him after our ridiculous start and still didn't.

It's sad, but I'm slowly coming to terms that we're so far gone that we probably need a relegation to reset. This is only a silver lining if Rodgers is sacked or walks though. I can't be doing with these performances and his nonsense in the Championship.

We do stay up and we have another year at least of Rodgers which isn't a prospect I exactly relish anyway.

The closer we draw to relegation, the less I care. For the short term I'm going to avoid watching us. Doesn't do me any good. It's not enjoyable. It's basically just wasted time I could be doing something else.

Couldn't word it better myself 

Sleepwalking into relegation, and you know what I don't even rise to banter anymore, because everyone's right in what they say, we are absolutely attrocious, and I became resigned to going down months ago 

Don't get me wrong the players have to take some blame, and I'm not excusing them, but a change of manager and everyone would see a massive difference, I'm 100% certain of if 

The games we have won, let's be honest, haven't been because we have played amazing, it's because the other teams have been worse then we have, which has been hard to do this season 

His stubbornness really has dragged us into this mess, the whole Soyuncu debacle, constantly starting Danny Ward when the bloke is one of the worst GKs I've seen play for us, and I don't care what anyone says, he can use the excuse of not being able to buy anyone in the summer all he wants, but this group of players, on paper, should be doing better, alot better 

I stopped giving a toss when we concede goals a long time ago, I attended the Blackburn game and genuinely pissed myself when they scored the second

The players look like they have absolutely no idea what they are doing, what is being asked of them, and you can clearly see they aren't comfortable playing out from the back and this tika taka b**locks that we are seeing week in week out 

This style of football would have seen us getting results 5-6 years ago, but the game has moved on from trying to pass the other team to death, we are the easiest team to come up against, if your the manager of the opposite team all you have to say is, keep your shape, sit back and win the midfield battle, it's that simple 

I thank Brendan and I don't jump on the train that he's the worst manager we've had because he really isn't, but his ideas are so outdated now, and he genuinely looks like he doesn't give a s**t anymore what happens on the pitch

• Like 1

We have now navigated into Frank McClintock/Peter Taylor territory.  If he remains in situ, then the Board (not Top) are failing this Club and it’s fan base.   I have been silent on Rogers up to now (just the occasional sarcastic reference of ‘has the Poll gone up yet’) - but waking up in Malaysia this morning, we have reached the station now. It is time for him to leave the train.  The entire coaching staff needs changing. Retaining parts of it, is not the answer. LCFC has gone stale.  We need to do everything possible to stay in this league, then commence the re-invention. In the summer when so much of the dead-wood can be removed freely, a new regime can over-see the rebuild. 

Rudkin in particular will have a lot to answer for if he remains inactive on this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the salads who have been oblivious to the shit storm we've been heading towards this last year will finally start to realise that brown nosing Rodgers doesn't prevent Tony Pulis haunting you in your sleep next year or your car breaking down on the A14 on the way back from Ipswich. 

Things will get very nasty on the terraces in the coming weeks, we are going down without action, I'll struggle not to giggle as the penny finally drops.

That’s just the problem, things will not get very nasty on the terraces, I cannot believe the apathy of fans including those I have sat next to for years who still think he is the man for the job.It’s unbelievable,I got seriously abused after the Palace home game for displaying my home made placards( having wanted him out way before that) and guessing it will be no different after a turgid 1-0 defeat to Chelsea.

• Like 1

Thought this was interesting from the Guardian's write up:

"While Southampton’s slide has taken in the psychodrama of Nathan Jones’s mercifully short reign, Leicester’s slump has been rather less heralded. Kicking off three points above the relegation zone, Brendan Rodgers’ standing among the Foxes faithful diminishes apace, and he was booed by away fans as defeat closed in.

There comes a time when injuries and a relative lack of transfer business no longer sustain as excuses even if Rodgers said he was sympathetic to the complaints." 

Also calls out our over-reliance on Maddison. Easy for outsiders to wave away the losses to Man Utd and Arsenal but I wonder if defeat to a team as tragic as Southampton might be the catalyst for us being taken seriously as relegation candidates and for Rodgers finally coming under some sort of scrutiny.

• Like 1