Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

20 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

I'm starting to wonder (and believe) that Bodgers has a clause in his contract that he can't be sacked no matter what

Perhaps I'm giving the board too much credit but right now to me as ridiculous as it sounds it's the only thing that makes sense as to why he is still here

...just looking at it from Khun Top's point of view, the media has him (Rodgers) as a beacon of light in a dark place being our club!!!

Any potential manager we would seek to replace him with would see, someone who was not backed financially,  when he was asking for support and the consequences have been placed at his door.

How would that look to any potential replacement, the optics are certainly not good and would limit the pool of managers we wished to bring in. He (Rodgers) has to be given time to make the signings work. It is now a matter of how long we wait, before Khun Top can say, it has been long enough.

I've wobbled all season, mostly in BR's favour. And he didn't miss Kel's gilt-edged chances yesterday. But it looks like we're sleepwalking to relegation.

Three and a half years ago we had THAT win at Southampton: Southampton 0-9 Leicester City: Foxes equal record for biggest Premier League win - BBC Sport I can't be the only fan who looked back at that last night and thought that in that time, we've become worse in every single position bar one: Madders is a better player now than he was then. But look at that team and the one that played last night. Every player either better than we fielded yesterday, or better versions of themselves, How could we sink so low in so short a period of time?

Too good to go down? Not a chance

• Like 3

Last night switched me from wait till the end of the season to get rid now!

Southampton are awful and we still look toothless. We must be such an easy side to play against. Sit in, frustrate and wait for the defensive clanger.

The only proof that we are doing anything on the training ground is that players get injured there.

In all honesty, the club deserve to go down. Since winning the FA Cup we haven't made a single good decision. Awful signings, allowing players to run down contracts and a manager who's constantly thrown his toys out the pram and belittled the playing squad. 

Huge reset needed in the summer and it cannot be with Brendan in charge. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It'll happen, but as you say it'll likely be all too late and then the fans will get the blame.

...the people who attend matches and appear ambivalent to the matter, seems to be hiding behind the 2 top 5 finishes and the FA cup!!!

What it really comes down to is they want others to do the dirty work for them, then if the next manager does not cut it, they will be saying that they never wanted Rodgers to go in the first place.

It is very much fence sitting, the nurses are on strike, the railway are on strike because they collectively believe that there is something wrong and needs to be corrected.

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

OK. So I'm wrong then.

Every one of our players is wonderful. 

It's purely the manager at fault then. 

To make it clear, I firmly want the manager gone.

Can nobody else see that the vast majority of players aren't good enough?

We have one saleable asset, that it. 

When are people going to realise that recruitment has been horrendous and we've built a Championship level squad?

I’m of the belief that a lot of them are good players but awfully coached and had all confidence and belief drained out of them. I’d include a lot in that such as 

Daka

Iheanacho

Barnes

Tete - based on his first couple of games

KDH

Castagne

Ricardo

Souttar

Kristiansen

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Scotch said:

I can just picture @Simokendoing push ups and hyping himself up in the mirror before logging on to defend his ol' pal tonight. 

LOL! That made me laugh so hard. but yes... back the manager! blame the players for being inconsistent and the ownership for not taking action when our king warned them after Forest cup game loss. k thanks bye

:brendan:

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I've wobbled all season, mostly in BR's favour. And he didn't miss Kel's gilt-edged chances yesterday. But it looks like we're sleepwalking to relegation.

Three and a half years ago we had THAT win at Southampton: Southampton 0-9 Leicester City: Foxes equal record for biggest Premier League win - BBC Sport I can't be the only fan who looked back at that last night and thought that in that time, we've become worse in every single position bar one: Madders is a better player now than he was then. But look at that team and the one that played last night. Every player either better than we fielded yesterday, or better versions of themselves, How could we sink so low in so short a period of time?

Spot on 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

You have to look at the coaching :dunno:

Pretty sure he could use his next press conference to bring out a Thai hooker, get up on the desk and have her rim him in front of the collected press whilst he yells racial slurs at her… and he still won’t get fired. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m of the belief that a lot of them are good players but awfully coached and had all confidence and belief drained out of them. I’d include a lot in that such as 

Daka

Iheanacho

Barnes

Tete - based on his first couple of games

KDH

Castagne

Ricardo

Souttar

Kristiansen

Are you saying Souttar and VK have had all belief and confidence drained out of them? They've only been here 5 minutes.

In the past when we’ve wanted shit managers gone at least with bad results eventually you know that’ll be the end like Palace at home under Puel, you knew as shit as the result was it was for the greater good. This time though there is no end in sight. You can’t say “oh at least that should be the end of him” last night SHOULD be the end but it won’t.

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No articles, not even a murmur….. how spineless if this club? The ownership can leave via the nearest exit with Brendan. 

Just sling a multi coloured tarpaulin over the stadium. We’re run by clowns. 

Brendan has the media / journos in his payroll see Percy’s article a month ago re our turnaround lol

Edited by Happy Fox

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just looking at it from Khun Top's point of view, the media has him (Rodgers) as a beacon of light in a dark place being our club!!!

Any potential manager we would seek to replace him with would see, someone who was not backed financially,  when he was asking for support and the consequences have been placed at his door.

How would that look to any potential replacement, the optics are certainly not good and would limit the pool of managers we wished to bring in. He (Rodgers) has to be given time to make the signings work. It is now a matter of how long we wait, before Khun Top can say, it has been long enough.

Time!! he's had 4 yrs and most are his signings.

His interviews post match are laughable, I think he was watching another game.

Such a depressing, slog of a season….do the board not feel that?!(whelan, rudkin, top), it just feels like they just dont care. Surely anyone with a slight degree of intelligence can see that rodgers has completely lost his way. A ‘freshen up’ is needed at all levels and it really does have to start with him.

Every player bar Maddison (arguably as he already was decent under Puel) has regressed. How can the hierarchy not see that? Not a single player is better today than when they made their debut for the club. That is on the manager. 

• Like 4