Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Rodgers post match comments re the fans and board “I respect the opinions,” he said. “That’s what the game is about. I never take the support of the board for granted. I only ever do my best with what we have.

It’s been very up and down for us. I think for the supporters it’s been a challenge from the very first game. We had no signings and that first game against Brentford, you sensed from the off that it was going to be a challenging season.

“I respect that. They pay their money and have travelled a long way. They’ll be disappointed tonight. My message is just make sure they stay with the players. They have given everything. They are going to need the supporters between now and the end of the season.”

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Every player bar Maddison (arguably as he already was decent under Puel) has regressed. How can the hierarchy not see that? Not a single player is better today than when they made their debut for the club. That is on the manager. 

Completely agree. Add to that poor tactics, poor substitutions, poor recruitment decisions, alienation of certain players, inability (apparent) to motivate players or change things up when the chips are down and blaming everyone bar himself in a very public way. I don't see how anyone anyone from the Board, the media or our fan-base can continue to defend him. 

25 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Are you saying Souttar and VK have had all belief and confidence drained out of them? They've only been here 5 minutes.

Wasn’t what I meant to imply no. I think so for Tete but the others seem ok. Was more a list of who is worthwhile 

• Like 1

“You should have been a waitress in a cocktail bar, that jobs for you, you took a bunch of decent lads and turned them to shit, that much is true….

**** OF BRENDAN RODGERS, **** OF BRENDAN WOOOOAAHHHH, **** OFF BRENDAN RODGERS, **** OF BRENDAN WOOOOAAAAHHHH” 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’s not going until the end of the season, when we are relegated because of him. 

I live near Reading so actually somewhat excited about being able to go to a few games a season very easily for once.

Being near Reading how did you become Leicester fan? Genuine question, i study from a far the loyalty of a human to village  town city religion or country? Explain please?

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers post match comments re the fans and board “I respect the opinions,” he said. “That’s what the game is about. I never take the support of the board for granted. I only ever do my best with what we have.

It’s been very up and down for us. I think for the supporters it’s been a challenge from the very first game. We had no signings and that first game against Brentford, you sensed from the off that it was going to be a challenging season.

“I respect that. They pay their money and have travelled a long way. They’ll be disappointed tonight. My message is just make sure they stay with the players. They have given everything. They are going to need the supporters between now and the end of the season.”

That Brentford game , where it was boiling hot and he didn't use his subs.

Followed by Arsenal the following week which was probably the hottest day at football I can remember,  where our ageing centre forward had to play as a loan striker.

I said to my arsenal mates after that game that we were in trouble this season and they disagreed   saying we had Brendan and he's a top manager blah blah.

So many fall for it🙁

8 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

Being near Reading how did you become Leicester fan? Genuine question, i study from a far the loyalty of a human to village  town city religion or country? Explain please?

I was born in Leicester General, raised in the countryside hopping villages between Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire, but mostly the latter, I was the only Leicester fan in my primary and secondary schools. Went to my first game with my dad vs Arsenal at Filbert street in 1996, I was 6. He asked me who I wanted to support a few months before that, I don’t know why I chose Leicester but think I liked the fox 😂 I’m extremely glad I chose the way I did over Derby or Forest! He is a Lincoln City fan so had no influence.

Just moved down here after Uni for work. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2