Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So you guys want Potter to resign from his job, and Leicester pay millions in compensation to Brighton and then pay double or triple what he earned at Brighton. If he's not loyal with them, then he probably jump ship in two years time from Leicester

But we would get more millions first, for compensation for Brendan leaving, and the wage we would offer Potter would be less than what Brendan's on, so we would be quids in.  And Brendan would have "jumped ship" in just the same way.  Most managers have only a short span at a club.  Clubs expect that, and have to deal with the situation.

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I see lots of clubs in Europe are being managed by younger stylish guys which has been successful. I think we should go a manager who has had a past link with Leicester, and the only one I can think of was Esteban Cambiasso. Many Leicester players have said that he was a major influence in improving their game in 2015.

Some here want Potter, but he's already got a job managering Brighton, so he's not available.

Brendan has a job "managering" Leicester but there's still pages of thread talking about his successor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Brendan has a job "managering" Leicester but there's still pages of thread talking about his successor!

They are all Traitors getting Payed. Feeding the media with conspiracies over FT....:ph34r:

In the last 4 weeks, Rodgers has said..XXXs-Times his near future is still at Leicester.

But Chicken-seed pickers just wont Let it go and create the Next BS..

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some of the negativity around Potter is daft.

He's an up and coming manager who's done well at Brighton.

He would appear to be a good fit for us.

And yes if he does well he'll move on - just as if he doesn't he'll get hounded out.

That's the nature of football.

Same goes for Rodgers - his stock is high after doing well with us so he'll be linked elsewhere, higher up the chain.

Same goes for players who move up the chain when they've done well.

Any club anywhere (bar perhaps some of the European elite) have the same issues.

It's the football food chain - some however think we're exempt from it!

Potter hasn’t done anything near to merit a job with us, a club challenging top 6 and winning trophies.

He’s done ok at Brighton and that’s about it IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Potter hasn’t done anything near to merit a job with us, a club challenging top 6 and winning trophies.

Martin O'Neill hadn't managed in the Premier League before joining us but he took us there and gave us four Top 10 finishes and 2 cups.

It's not always about what they've done but about what they can potentially do.

Same goes for players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I'd sooner have Potter than some tired ,bin round the block a thousand times name. You also have to be realistic about who we could attract, Mancini or Conte would be great but it's never going to happen. 

I would have thought our astute owners had a potential successor list compiled a long time ago which will fluctuate. However, firstly I don't see anyone better than Rodgers out there for us at the moment but if it did happen, Potter for me could be a very decent option. 

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Martin O'Neill hadn't managed in the Premier League before joining us but he took us there and gave us four Top 10 finishes and 2 cups.

It's not always about what they've done but about what they can potentially do.

Same goes for players.

I agree he has potential but he’s not done enough to be considered a candidate for us. We’re another level to the club we were back then.

Potter will have to achieve top 10 finishes with Brighton to even be on a list if we were searching. This is only my opinion of course but if Rodgers left tomorrow I honestly don’t think Potter would be a shout.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

We’re another level to the club we were back then.

Yes of course we are but it's about levels. We were mid table Championship, MON took us to a whole new level.

He'd got promotion from non league and division four but did that suggest he could do what he did with us? No.

Potter might not be the right man for us but writing him off, as many are doing, seems a little premature.

I wasn't impressed with Brighton until this season, in fact I was actually angry with them. They played the most tepid and airy football without getting results and yet were praised for it. I'd have respected them more at the time for switching it up a bit but they've stuck to their principles and are recruiting better and improving. Potter is evidently an interesting coach, he's modern in his thinking and techniques and he's done well within reason at most clubs.

I hope he keeps on improving as it's great to see some good English coaches/managers after years of mediocrity IMO.

• Like 1

Quite a few seem to cheerleading for Cambiasso if BR were to leave. Never happen while Vardy is still on the books. He has openly stated that he did not like his attitude and they never got on.

Also totally unproven as a manager/coach. There are many players who were leaders/captains on the field but couldn't cut it as managers.

Not saying that he couldn't do a job but i think the club would want to appoint somebody with far more experience, not based purely on sentiment for someone who played one season for us. Maybe when he has cut his teeth elsewhere and started build a decent CV as a coach, then he may be considered and would be a popular choice with a lot of the fans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Foolishly started watching Being Liverpool documentary recently. I'd seem clips bit never watched the actual episodes. It's absolutely astonishing how different Rodgers is now in both looks and how he communicates.

Hahahahahaaaa 

He looks a lot more relaxed and settled here. Can get on with his job fairly quietly. I know we can be a bit needy as a fanbase but we aren't desperate for big statements and mind games like the top club fanbases.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some of the negativity around Potter is daft.

He's an up and coming manager who's done well at Brighton.

He would appear to be a good fit for us.

And yes if he does well he'll move on - just as if he doesn't he'll get hounded out.

That's the nature of football.

Same goes for Rodgers - his stock is high after doing well with us so he'll be linked elsewhere, higher up the chain.

Same goes for players who move up the chain when they've done well.

Any club anywhere (bar perhaps some of the European elite) have the same issues.

It's the football food chain - some however think we're exempt from it!

Potter is a little bit of a myth in my view at the moment in the last two season his had done marginal better then C Hughton see my early post and has the same win ratio as Bruce at Newcastle.

19 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

His win ratio at Brighton is 28.9% (97 games), to put that in prospective Steve Bruce at Newcastle is the same with 28.9% (97 games), and Chris Hughton 23.6% at Brighton. 

Brighton finishes under Potter 16th (41 pts), 15th (41 pts), under Chris Hughton 17th (36 pts), 15th (40 pts), 

So in two season he hardly improved there league finishing or point total. However he has improved their style.

Yes they have had a good start lying 5th with 15pts after 9 games, but Southampton were top after 8 games last season with 16 pts.  

Also their wins have came against Watford, Burnley, Brentford and a very luck one against us.

Be interesting to see where Brighton finish this season, I've got a feeling it they will sink back to the bottom half.

No doubt he's side play good football, and maybe with better players he will be successful.

Guest Kopfkino

Most managers’ demise comes about because they start conceding too many goals and the defence goes to pot. There’s not a sport out there where success isn’t built on foundations created by your ability to defend. If you can’t defend, you can’t be successful.

36 goals conceded in the last 20 games in all comps is a team that is hopeless defensively, it’s a relegated side’s defence. He’s banged on about Jonny Evans being the saviour but he clearly isn’t. Does he look like he has any idea how to solve it? I’m sure Ndidi will be listed as the next saviour.  He said after Palace he needed to look at our structure and why they were able to arrive at the box so easily, whatever he concluded was clearly wrong.

The same issues every week of not being able to defend, struggling to play through periods when we’re under pressure, no intensity from the start, takes until half time to get the team going. The same issues every week are a sign of the person at the top underperforming. A Man Utd team who are similarly easy to play against and a Brentford team lacking the quality to finish us off, unlike Arsenal, are all that stop the table looking pretty grim.

Needs to start facing some awkward questions about how we start a game week in week out and the complete lack of motivation to take it to a team from the off.

It has to be down to him, no way would the players just ignore his instructions every single game

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 2