Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

It’s madness isn’t it? How is he still here? I’m in a WhatsApp group with some people for FPL (none of them Leicester fans) and whenever I say it’s time for Brendan to go they all can’t believe it and spout the old “he’s not been backed” narrative. 

The views of the media and opposition fans on Rodgers are so far from the truth its unbelievable. We even still have a small minority of our own fans that still back him which is utterly staggering. Also so many outsiders who say we won't go down cos we are too good. Clearly haven't watched us very often this season as we are wretched! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Another way to look at it is, we are very generous in the wages we pay and this is an opportunity for a manager to completely build a team. I think there's a big difference between Leeds and Southampton trying to recruit a new manager when they've either not long been in the PL again and always struggled or been fighting the inevitable for a few years.

I think from the outside looking in, some would still view the condition of our club and its resources to be an attractive proposition.

I agree with this, but it also slightly makes me want to try and hold off until the summer as most of the more attractive options will likely want to wait until then.

Still praying for Arne Slot on that one.

So really it's a question of do we hold on to Rodgers or have an interim until end of season, and I can't think of anyone.

• Like 1

We all need to calm down a little. Without even a murmur that he is going we can only presume he will be here for the Chelsea game, which in his little notebook probably hasn't been marked as 'must win' (can't wait to hear about the amazing club, the amazing coach, smart investments being made :S ) . 

He's got the excuses lined up (Injuries to Barnes / Victor) and Tete is misfiring. Knowing Brendan, he will probably get a point against Chelsea which means we won't hear any murmurs until we lose to Palace away, by which time it will be too late to turn around as we will be 2nd from bottom.

But right now, i recommend we all get on with our lives because nothing is happening.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

I’d sack him this morning just because of his face, but we know it’s way too late now and any replacement would be a temp. There’s not much point in that.

Board’s job is to identify two managers for the end of the season: the one who is going to rebuild the PL squad into something that can function as a team again or the one who is going to win the Championship.

Nobody with any quality is coming in before the likely relegation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We need to gain some ugly points - Brendan doesn’t know how to do this

its his way or the highway 

This will be the reason we are relegated 

sometimes you need to stick it in the mixer with ten minutes to go - you might get a lucky bounce 

I think he has lost the dressing room. It may not be obvious but I think it’s gone beyond the point of it being obvious, there’s an acceptance now amongst everyone. 

It’s a bit like when you’re living in a student house, and one of the coupes splits up, and all of a sudden you have this strange atmosphere where you’re civil with the less popular half of that former relationship to maintain the peace. And that particular person is too stubborn to leave the house because they’ve got a good deal financially, and they want to stay, but no one will say anything to them about it. 

I imagine the atmosphere is really strange at the moment, there absolutely no way on this planet Vardy has a shred of respect for Brendan, and I think it’s pretty clear Wilf doesn’t either…. Probably more players to add to that too. 

We won’t stay up because every shred of positivity has gone, Brendan is clueless and he’s pretty much confirmed as much.

What those who support him need to realise is this, we’ve just lost to the team bottom of the league….. we didn’t even hit the target……. Which is a sure sign we’re done, we will probably finish bottom and fail to gain another point all season now. Those on the fence including Top need to remove their heads from the sand, this football club is like a bus caught on the edge of a cliff, it’s falling in slow motion and everyone is day watching it happen.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We need to gain some ugly points - Brendan doesn’t know how to do this

its his way or the highway 

This will be the reason we are relegated 

sometimes you need to stick it in the mixer with ten minutes to go - you might get a lucky bounce 

I know i can just hit the like button, but wanted to also say this is 100% correct. Even the FA cup match we stuck to the same tactics right to the bitter end. Putting defenses under very little pressure by passing sideways and waiting for opportunities means little when you need a result and you need something to happen. 

55 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Insane that people still try to deny this. He's got them round his little finger, no one that rocks up to Seagrave is going to ask anything negative. 

He gets less flak than Pearson did for doing better with a squad with half as much talent. 

You say that, but Pearson had most of a squad that were capable of winning the league. I don't think this group of players is very good now, tbh. 

Maddison, Barnes, KDH, Castagne, Tielemans and Iheanacho are the only ones who have looked like top half PL players this season, and Castagne's form has fell off a cliff since the World Cup.  Kristensen also promising. 

Edited by Pete52

Chelsea the perfect opponent.

Lose and he can push the narrative of how much they have spent compared to us. Totally ignoring the fact they are in a dreadful run of form despite that spending. 

if we somehow get a result he’s the hero for outwitting mega spending chelsea 

Rodgers is not getting sacked. I think there's been at least 3 pivotal moments where I've thought that there's no way he now can't be sacked, but each time he's kept his job, this feels exactly the same. We've got just the right amount of games left in the season, with the squad we have, that with a new manager we could put enough of a fight in to keep ourselves afloat, but for some reason we're sticking to our guns as a club and putting all of our eggs in the BR basket. I hope for our sakes that it pays off and we can get to the end of the season with just enough to stay up. 

One thing I will say is that the average Leicester fan that I know that goes to games does generally have a 'feel' of where we are as a team and where we're going with how we play. The general consensus with those fellow fans now are saying the same as me, that we won't have enough to stay up, there's no fight or spirit and there are too many players with little investment in where we actually are next season.

13 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

You say that, but Pearson had most of a squad that were capable of winning the league. I don't think this group of players is very good now, tbh. 

Maddison, Barnes, KDH, Castagne, Tielemans and Iheanacho are the only ones who have looked like top half PL players this season, and Castagne's form has fell off a cliff since the World Cup.  Kristensen also promising. 

People say this as though they've never been very good. On current form, then no, they're not very good as the table doesn't lie.

But if you actually think about the levels they've produced consistently throughout their time here, the majority of them are bloody good players. Ok some aren't the same because of age or injury (Vardy, Evans, Ricardo for example) but plenty of the others should still be in their prime, or not even reached it yet, and have been one of the very best in the league in their particular role.

No denying the squad needs some freshening up but there are far too many good players in this group to accept anything less than a comfortable top half finish. What we're seeing now is an absolute embarrassment and if the majority of the players are playing way below their levels, and whilst that doesn't absolve them of some responsibility, it's pretty clear that the manager is the common cause.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’re correct but this shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone at all. It’s precisely what we did (and didn’t do) away to Roma in the Semi Final. I was very critical of him for not having a go. Warsaw away, Forest away- they were the two games that put the final nails in his coffin in terms of how I felt about him. But Roma away was equally as disgusting, potentially more so. At the time though, I was told to shut up and stop whinging because we were lucky to witness a semi final and Roma are a European giant. 

Look at @The Year Of The Fox getting all the likes on his tweet post.

How times changes and tables turn.

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fresh from a ban for offensive language towards Rodgers (pathetic) lol I just need to turn off from this football club, I've already accepted we're going down, no point getting wound up anymore.

Yeah, when we lost I used to get wound up, sometimes used to ruin my weekend (it probably shouldn’t have), if there’s one thing I can thank Rodgers for is he’s made me not give a **** or be bothered anymore.

Yes I’ll moan about style of play but actually be bothered by outcomes. Meh.

Thing is, I’d quite like my passion for it back! :crylaugh: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Look at @The Year Of The Fox getting all the likes on his tweet post.

How times changes and tables turn.

Yeah, when we lost I used to get wound up, sometimes used to ruin my weekend (it probably shouldn’t have), if there’s one thing I can thank Rodgers for is he’s made me not give a **** or be bothered anymore.

Yes I’ll moan about style of play but actually be bothered by outcomes. Meh.

Thing is, I’d quite like my passion for it back! :crylaugh: 

Sorry, what’s a ‘tweet post’? 😅

Im the same regards the football. I announce myself as having voted with my feet and refuse to go to games until he’s been sacked, but truth be told I don’t even miss it at all. I wish I did, but I don’t. Rather be on the golf course 

• Like 1