Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Still only 3rd favourite to be sacked according to the bookies :nono:

Holding on to the hope that West Ham bin Moyes off & go for Rodgers

They have too much sense. They will do a Brighton and pull a quality appointment our of the bag.

1 minute ago, Ashdav86 said:

Brendan the brand won't want to get relegated

He won't be able to get a job of good stature in the Premier league again if we go down this season with these players

He's a bit shagged on that front. If he takes us down or is binned during the season or at the end it's still on him 

His only hope is to turn things around and then either leave gracefully at the end of the season or sustain some kind of positive ongoing turnaround into next season.

As this is highly unlikely based upon this season's form, his brand should be irrecoverably tarnished. However, the way the media and him spin things, he'll probably manage to pass the buck.

Tw@t 

15 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Still only 3rd favourite to be sacked according to the bookies :nono:

Holding on to the hope that West Ham bin Moyes off & go for Rodgers

The thing is, that wouldn’t be a bad appointment for West Ham. He’s not bad at first because he has a clear style and way of playing. The problem is when he is found out he doesn’t know how to adapt…and that’s the stage we’re at now. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Quick list of genuinely disgraceful results/performances over the last couple of years in reverse chronological order. These are genuine banter era results. 

Southampton (A)

Blackburn (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Newcastle (A)

Newcastle (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Spurs (A)

Brighton (A)

Southampton (H)

Everton (H)

Everton (A)

Spurs (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Warsaw (A)

You could probably add a few more in there, and I'm being very generous missing off the hideous (2nd) Champions League bottle at at the end of that season and crashing out of Europa to Prague. 

Liverpool away this season deserves a mention because they were genuinely abysmal on the night

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Quick list of genuinely disgraceful results/performances over the last couple of years in reverse chronological order. These are genuine banter era results. 

Southampton (A)

Blackburn (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Newcastle (A)

Newcastle (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Spurs (A)

Brighton (A)

Southampton (H)

Everton (H)

Everton (A)

Spurs (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Warsaw (A)

You could probably add a few more in there, and I'm being very generous missing off the hideous (2nd) Champions League bottle at at the end of that season and crashing out of Europa to Prague. 

I'm getting PTSD flashbacks over some of this cack. 

Dross of the highest order. 

46 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Sorry, what’s a ‘tweet post’? 😅

Im the same regards the football. I announce myself as having voted with my feet and refuse to go to games until he’s been sacked, but truth be told I don’t even miss it at all. I wish I did, but I don’t. Rather be on the golf course 

I don’t actually know :crylaugh: 

I really don’t know where tweet came from lol probably auto correct.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We need to gain some ugly points - Brendan doesn’t know how to do this

its his way or the highway 

This will be the reason we are relegated 

sometimes you need to stick it in the mixer with ten minutes to go - you might get a lucky bounce 

Worked for Fergie for 20 years. 

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Southampton (A)

Blackburn (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Newcastle (A)

Newcastle (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Spurs (A)

Brighton (A)

Southampton (H)

Everton (H)

Everton (A)

Spurs (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Warsaw (A)

Is that Spurs (H) the Bergwijn one or the Bale one?

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Southampton (A)

Blackburn (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Newcastle (A)

Newcastle (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Spurs (A)

Brighton (A)

Southampton (H)

Everton (H)

Everton (A)

Spurs (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Warsaw (A)

I think you could add that League Cup Semi final against Aston Villa in there too and Liverpool last season. People will always say it was impressive to be in these positions in the first place, and in general I agree but I also feel like the bottling we've seen under Rodgers is absolutely comical. If you add in what happened to him at Liverpool in the last few weeks of the season, his record really is quite spectacular. 

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We need to gain some ugly points - Brendan doesn’t know how to do this

its his way or the highway 

This will be the reason we are relegated 

sometimes you need to stick it in the mixer with ten minutes to go - you might get a lucky bounce 

Especially games like Saturday's.

Southampton were visibly panicking towards the end. No chance they'd have withstood the ball being peppered into the box over and over.

He's not going anywhere, the board and Top have missed the window of opportunity to sack him, and no one decent is going to come with the potential of relegation looming over the horizon.   I can't think of anyone decent to replace Rodgers from the usual manager merry-go-round unless it is the obvious candidates like Benitez, god forbid we don't end up with him.  Personally, I would give MON the job for the last dozen games, at least he would get the crowd behind the team because I think we are up crap creek without a paddle.

14 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

I think you could add that League Cup Semi final against Aston Villa in there too and Liverpool last season. People will always say it was impressive to be in these positions in the first place, and in general I agree but I also feel like the bottling we've seen under Rodgers is absolutely comical. If you add in what happened to him at Liverpool in the last few weeks of the season, his record really is quite spectacular. 

Villa first leg at the KP was woeful.

27 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

The thing is, that wouldn’t be a bad appointment for West Ham. He’s not bad at first because he has a clear style and way of playing. The problem is when he is found out he doesn’t know how to adapt…and that’s the stage we’re at now. 

Surely if he's been found out here he's instantly found out at any prem team he goes to now