Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The best possible set of feasible circumstances now goes something like this:

- We go on a strong run now, getting to around 36 points 

- Lose every game from there until the end of the season, including a humiliating thrashing on the last day of the season 

- Stay up on goal difference, by one goal 

- Sack Rodgers as it's obvious we only stayed up as there are more worse teams than us 

- Go again next season under new management

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

The thing is, that wouldn’t be a bad appointment for West Ham. He’s not bad at first because he has a clear style and way of playing. The problem is when he is found out he doesn’t know how to adapt…and that’s the stage we’re at now. 

That literally makes no sense to me. Are you saying that if he went to West Ham then all the teams that have ‘found him out’ will then  forget they have found him out and he’ll be okay again? 🤔

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

- Lose every game from there until the end of the season, including a humiliating thrashing on the last day of the season 

- Sack Rodgers as it's obvious we only stayed up as there are more worse teams than us 

That already appears to be the Board's current strategy...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

20 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Name them?

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Listening to the BSLB pod, one point I would disagree on is that “the manager can’t put the ball in the net for the players”….

This will sound properly anti Brendan, but, I do respectfully disagree with this point. Whereas he can’t physically put the ball in the net for the players, it comes down to motivation…… how often have we seen it in the past where new managers have got more out of players in terms of goals…. I think there’s a lot to be said about the way a manager impacts the phycology of a player. 

For me, Daka is our best striker, yet when he comes on he looks lost…. When the chips are down, and the manager can’t inspire confidence amongst his ranks, I think it’s very easy to start kissing guilt edge chances or not creating any at all…. The pressure cooker increases and with that does their self doubt and desperation….

All part of a big chain reaction, which stems from the leadership. 

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Here's Leicester cult hero Nigel Pearson saying:

- he wouldn't pick a player because he wasn't putting the work in in training

- the club need to sign more players

- being incredibly stubborn about his tactics

Parallels with what Brendan has said are pretty obvious but I see some (and admittedly a minority) saying get this man back despite him leading Bristol City to the dizzy heights of 14th despite having two of the best young players in the championship and over 2 years to turn it around.

So my question is do these people genuinely think there's some logic here or are they fully conscious of their agenda and irrationality?

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

49 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

29 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Name them?

He doesn't have to name them. @Nod.Eoutlined a hypothetical situation in which Leicester stay up by goal difference, so there would be, objectively, 3 teams worse than us, in that scenario

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He doesn't have to name them. @Nod.Eoutlined a hypothetical situation in which Leicester stay up by goal difference, so there would be, objectively, 3 teams worse than us, in that scenario

Saved me a job!

54 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

That literally makes no sense to me. Are you saying that if he went to West Ham then all the teams that have ‘found him out’ will then  forget they have found him out and he’ll be okay again? 🤔

Reading it back, it does sound that way but it’s more that he is generally seen as someone who starts well with a new team. 

You could make the argument above about him moving from Swansea to Liverpool, Liverpool to Celtic, Celtic to us. He hasn’t changed style dramatically in that time but has generally always had a pretty decent start with a new club. 

1 hour ago, WoodyFox said:

Surely if he's been found out here he's instantly found out at any prem team he goes to now

See my response to Trent Fox on the same point. My original post was badly worded but the point remains - his record suggests he’d probably go in and do well over the immediate term. 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

From Daniel Storey today. Implied rather than direct criticism but people starting to ask questions at least:

"Throughout the last year, there have been mitigating factors to offset strong criticism of Brendan Rodgers despite Leicester’s tricky form. That form, for full disclosure: 38 league games played in the last 12 months, 43 points.

After a full year without adequate investment to reinvigorate the squad (largely thanks to poor purchases in previous years), Leicester did recruit in January. The central defender they desperately needed came in. So too did the creativity on the right wing, with Marc Albrighton moved on. Rodgers also signed a new left-back; Ryan Bertrand’s move has gone horrendously badly.

Rodgers talked up these purchases as the signifier of a new mood at Leicester after the 4-2 win at Villa at 4-1 home win against Tottenham; it really did feel as if a corner had been turned. Since then, Leicester have lost four straight games in all competitions, including a humiliating home defeat to Blackburn in the FA Cup. Rather than Leicester’s new signings lifting the mood and taking Leicester forward, it now appears that the existing spirit, weary and dispirited, has quickly dragged the new players down.

Last week, we also discussed just how much Leicester struggle when James Maddison is absent, after Rodgers’ team only had a single shot against Arsenal. But this week, Maddison was back and Leicester lost against the team bottom of the table without having a single shot on target. The general rule of this season: if you lose to Southampton, you’re in trouble.

Leicester did indeed miss a host of chances against Southampton, provoking Rodgers to stress that his team had played very well. But here’s the thing: that always seemed likely to catch up with them. Leicester have been outperforming their quality of chances all season, including a run in the autumn when they seemed to exclusively score from outside the penalty area. Only three teams in the league score with a higher percentage of their shots and only two teams shoot from further out, on average. There was always likely to be a regression to the mean.

Rodgers is stressing that Leicester are now at the beginning of a new cycle (Jamie Vardy in decline, Youri Tielemans out of contract in the summer, two new defenders and a winger joining recently); that’s a fair point. But he is no fool – he knows that Leicester possess one of the strongest teams in the bottom half on paper and yet seem unable to fully escape the clutches of the bottom three. It has to improve, quickly."

This reads like it’s written by someone who has just looked at the stat, not watched us play.  He doesn’t comment on players not playing to their strengths in their preferred positions.  If he watched us he could mention about the slow boring play around the defence which is constantly causing us to concede. The article should be, why is Rodger’s sticking to tactics and a style of football that clearly isn’t working? 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Here's Leicester cult hero Nigel Pearson saying:

- he wouldn't pick a player because he wasn't putting the work in in training

- the club need to sign more players

- being incredibly stubborn about his tactics

Parallels with what Brendan has said are pretty obvious but I see some (and admittedly a minority) saying get this man back despite him leading Bristol City to the dizzy heights of 14th despite having two of the best young players in the championship and over 2 years to turn it around.

So my question is do these people genuinely think there's some logic here or are they fully conscious of their agenda and irrationality?

People forget.

People defending this then criticising Rodgers for the same thing is really weird.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

The thing with BR is hes a good rebound manager not long term manager onces hes been at a club for more then 2 years he's crap unless he's in Scotland. That's all he is. Yes he won us FA cup but CR won us the Premier League. He needs to go there no point backing a manger who doesn't own up to his mistakes or makes no impact on the team other than negative onces. We have a good team just not a good manager imo. 

16 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Chalk and cheese. Nige says what he thinks unfiltered, at times too much so,  only asks for one thing, commitment and integrity, and has a plan to improve things. Rodgers holds petty grudges, says one thing and means another and his main priority is to protect his own reputation at all times. 

They rub people the wrong way for different reasons but give me Nige every day of the week. 

How do you know? 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Rodgers holds petty grudges, says one thing and means another and his main priority is to protect his own reputation at all times. 

For the record I think they're both great but what you've written there is just pure irrational conjecture.

17 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

This reads like it’s written by someone who has just looked at the stat, not watched us play.  He doesn’t comment on players not playing to their strengths in their preferred positions.  If he watched us he could mention about the slow boring play around the defence which is constantly causing us to concede. The article should be, why is Rodger’s sticking to tactics and a style of football that clearly isn’t working? 

In fairness to him it's from an article looking at every team who played at the weekend rather than a specific in-depth analysis of us so I wouldn't expect it to be much more in depth than it is.