Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Listening to the BSLB pod, one point I would disagree on is that “the manager can’t put the ball in the net for the players”….

This will sound properly anti Brendan, but, I do respectfully disagree with this point. Whereas he can’t physically put the ball in the net for the players, it comes down to motivation…… how often have we seen it in the past where new managers have got more out of players in terms of goals…. I think there’s a lot to be said about the way a manager impacts the phycology of a player. 

For me, Daka is our best striker, yet when he comes on he looks lost…. When the chips are down, and the manager can’t inspire confidence amongst his ranks, I think it’s very easy to start missing guilt edge chances or not creating any at all…. The pressure cooker increases and with that does their self doubt and desperation….

All part of a big chain reaction, which stems from the leadership. 

completely right. Brendan quite obviously just has favourites, if those players need picking up he’s there for them… but if you’re not one of them, a few bad games just leads to more isolation. Then a confused manager when they finally get called on and their performances have tanked.

To me it was so very obvious that Daka should be playing vs blackburn. That’s the game where you cross your fingers and hope he can sneak a goal and you build him up from there. why waste that chance on trying to give vardy more minutes. You can’t argue vardy deserves it more based on this season. A huge opportunity to help pick up a player who could become incredibly needed by the end of the season missed. (and we are out to boot) 

Now the only chances for him are going to be when we are losing and the pressure is on. Which when you are a striker lacking goals, is not what you want.  

I also think Daka could thrive in this current team. It’s far less isolated up top at the moment and more or less designed for a poacher. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

For the record I think they're both great but what you've written there is just pure irrational conjecture.

This is the thing that's pissing me off. I love Nigel, and never wanted him out, but now I'm getting to the point where I'm having to call him out because people just write irrational rubbish to compare him and Rodgers.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This is the thing that's pissing me off. I love Nigel, and never wanted him out, but now I'm getting to the point where I'm having to call him out because people just write irrational rubbish to compare him and Rodgers.

Glad it's not just me.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

If ANY of us were in charge we would do better than Brendan right now…..

“Ay up me ducks. Right, Iversen you’re in goal because, well, no offence Wardy but even you know you’re just not very good. We’re gonna play a back four of Ricky, Souttar Wout and Kristiansen. Just concentrate lads.

Ndidi, literally just sit in front of the back four and stop twats getting past you. You’re good at that. Just do that. Nothing else. Once you get the ball make the easiest pass to the closet midfielder and wait where you are in case you need to stop another twat getting past you.

Tielemans, stop being a nobber.  Sit just in front of Ndidi and do your shit. You know you’re good, we all do. Yes you want to move soon but don’t be a twat and just do the shit you do well and then someone bigger than us will come in for you and we’re all happy. 

Maddison, stay central and set up the goals. You can score a few if you like too.  

Barnes, Tete, get the ball and run fast towards the goal. That’s it. No twatting about, run towards the goal and if someone is in your way go around them.

Kel, just be yourself, we love you and trust you. You believe in you. It doesn’t matter if now and then you fall over or the ball bounces 17 yards as you control it. Just keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll score 10 more by the end of the season.

Other that that. Just, you know, try hard.  That’s it. You’re pretty decent players. Just try and win. This is a charmed life and you’re a long time retired. I know none of you had any affinity with the club or city before you signed but come on, you’re so lucky. You could be heroes. This is important to people. The supporters of this club will idolise you if you just try your best. And you know what, I reckon you’ll enjoy it more of you actually start winning. 

Anyway, go out there, try your best and just stick to what I’ve said. And remember, every single person in that crowd would love to be in your shoes so do it for them”

It’s not even hard to be better than we are. 

👏👏👏

#BrendanOut #RumbleFoxIn

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dames said:

I think the bottom point is quite key. I still think the board are paralysed by the fear of the backlash they might get from the casual and pundit classes. 

Only had to look at Rumble's post a bit further up (and Rumble's hardly been some heavy Rodgers outer all along) - it is completely extraordinary.

Everything feels like a perfect storm to relegate us in the same way 2016 felt like a perfect storm for us to win the league.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We need to gain some ugly points - Brendan doesn’t know how to do this

its his way or the highway 

This will be the reason we are relegated 

sometimes you need to stick it in the mixer with ten minutes to go - you might get a lucky bounce 

That's something we're incapable of - we haven't won a game by 1 goal since Palace in April 2022. We'll only win a game if we're miles ahead and can't throw it away. There'll be some who read this and think it's nitpicking, how can you criticise hammering somebody etc... when it isn't that, it's simply that we don't know how to see a game out. It's something Forest, Everton, even Leeds, Bournemouth and Southampton are better at than us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Quick list of genuinely disgraceful results/performances over the last couple of years in reverse chronological order. These are genuine banter era results. 

Southampton (A)

Blackburn (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Newcastle (A)

Newcastle (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Spurs (A)

Brighton (A)

Southampton (H)

Everton (H)

Everton (A)

Spurs (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Warsaw (A)

You could probably add a few more in there, and I'm being very generous missing off the hideous (2nd) Champions League bottle at at the end of that season and crashing out of Europa to Prague. 

Spartak Moscow at home. Napoli away losing to a side who couldn't have cared less about going through (9 changes from their league game, crowd of about 8,000), Liverpool in the cup, all bar about 5 away games last season. Just dire. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

What are you expecting?

Assurances, promises, warnings and expectations, surely?

We're falling into the championship and i've never heard Top, Susan or Rudkin address it.

About time they did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We're falling into the championship and i've never heard Top, Susan or Rudkin address it.

About time they did.

What clubs do this in our position at this point of the season? Southampton made lots of noise because Nathan Jones was the wrong appointment (and that's putting it pragmatically), and Potter is constantly front page news. Other than that, all clubs will be getting on with business quietly. 

You will only hear something when its very likely he is going to go.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

What clubs do this in our position at this point of the season? Southampton made lots of noise because Nathan Jones was the wrong appointment (and that's putting it pragmatically), and Potter is constantly front page news. Other than that, all clubs will be getting on with business quietly. 

You will only hear something when its very likely he is going to go.

Exactly? 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Exactly? 

He's not going anywhere then, is he. 

Get on with your week and don't wait for something thats not going to happen. This weasel didn't get sacked after trouncings from Brighton and Spurs when we had 1 point. No chance they pull the trigger now.

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Spartak Moscow at home. Napoli away losing to a side who couldn't have cared less about going through (9 changes from their league game, crowd of about 8,000), Liverpool in the cup, all bar about 5 away games last season. Just dire. 

I’d add Chelsea away from earlier this season to that list. They were riddled by injuries and we just sat back while we were up a man until it was too late. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

He's not going anywhere then, is he.

Yes, this is what I find staggering.

Why isn't he getting sacked for the run of form we're on?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022–23_Leicester_City_F.C._season#Matches

Look at that and tell me why he should keep his job, because apparently we're not going to get that answer from the club.

The way the club have had no correspondence with the fans has been disgusting really. That in itself needs to massively change going forward. 

I don't count half arsed programme notes from Top that are probably written by someone else either. 

****ing joke that they think they can get away with treating us like they have.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

About time they did.

No board or owner does this. The only way we hear from them is through the matchday programme, the way it's always been. 

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

The way the club have had no correspondence with the fans has been disgusting really. That in itself needs to massively change going forward. 

I don't count half arsed programme notes from Top that are probably written by someone else either. 

****ing joke that they think they can get away with treating us like they have.

FCC Wednesday will be a laugh lol 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

No board or owner does this. The only way we hear from them is through the matchday programme, the way it's always been. 

Plenty do when their clubs are in the sort of dire conditions ours is.

"The dreaded vote of confidence" if you like.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They issued a vote of confidence statement in Ranieri and sacked him three weeks later. They were heavily slated for it so I wouldn't be surprised if they were to never do that again. 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Plenty do when their clubs are in the sort of dire conditions ours is.

"The dreaded vote of confidence" if you like.

Generally when the board have lost complete confidence in the manager and a sacking is imminent.  

He's not going anywhere this week and the fact there is no 'vote of confidence' means its highly unlikely he will go after Chelsea. 

Buckle up. Top loves him and unless someone can find a photo of 10 ladyboys in the back of his Landrover, he's going to be around for a while.