Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

Also read the replies in the tweet, most fans there seem to be unimpressed with nige. 

This was from December when they were just 3 points above the relegation zone.

They're 12 points above relegation and solidly mid table now.

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Simon Jordan hits the nail on the head with his description of Brendan’s talent and he’s certainly not a fan of Danny Ward either and he seems to think we’ve been punching above our weight !

” Brendan is not an elite manager. He's a very, very good one. He's below that elite level," Jordan said on the White and Jordan show. "We throw 'world class' around like confetti, we throw 'elite' around like confetti. There's only a few elite managers and he's not one of them. He's good I think he's been using diplomacy in the last 15 months, when really and truly Brendan we want to hear answers, not the constant ability to be able to grieve everybody and deflect from the argument.

A year ago we listened to him rant about Nottingham Forest knocking them out of the FA Cup when they were the cup holders, and that there was going to be a change.

"Clearly he couldn't affect a change. The only change he got was to get out a good goalkeeper and put a cr** one in goal. This guy (Ward) doesn't solve anything, really he doesn't.

"With that in mind, Brendan is in a situation now where Leicester have kind of taken the foot off the gas, and you understand why with ownership models. It doesn't go on forever unless you've got a reason for running a football club that isn't about football.

There's a situation where the owners are going 'we're turning the taps off a little bit. We'll develop the facilities, we'll build a £100million training ground, but we're not putting it on the pitch So you can only sell all the players that they've sold for so long and then expect Leicester to be a top-six side. I think Leicester probably are returning back to where they naturally are, which is in and around the middle-to-lower part of the Premier League. Sorry."

I can't believe the possibility has ever even been suggested. Not anywhere near elite, never has been.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Quick list of genuinely disgraceful results/performances over the last couple of years in reverse chronological order. These are genuine banter era results. 

Southampton (A)

Blackburn (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Newcastle (A)

Newcastle (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Spurs (A)

Brighton (A)

Southampton (H)

Everton (H)

Everton (A)

Spurs (H)

Notts Forest (A)

Warsaw (A)

You could probably add a few more in there, and I'm being very generous missing off the hideous (2nd) Champions League bottle at at the end of that season and crashing out of Europa to Prague. 

The more I look at this the more I realise the list could be endless, many other games mentioned but Fulham at home this season was another pretty crap effort.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Thanks for the react @Jesus, sorry I have been to mass in about 25 years

No worries, it's all a bit of a gray area tbh. Like pool, so many different games and local rules nobody know wtf is going on half the time. Once VAR is finally fixed tptb will try n clear things up a bit. Until then you'll probably be okay.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They’re not bothering to teach Tete that Northern Ireland is part of the UK so there’s hope!!! 

CEC7F244-35D5-4EB6-914D-C93ECD5031EE.jpeg.e065762c7a023b28cdecfe724ee126ea.jpeg

It's actually correct tbf haha. Arrows are to Great Britain which is England, Wales and Scotland. I imagine there's another + Northern Ireland which is cut off from the image (we hope anyway)

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Has he gone yet though? 

Yeah. Sacked him a couple of hours ago. But everyone on his forum is too depressed to lift their fingers and post about it.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TK95 said:

It's actually correct tbf haha. Arrows are to Great Britain which is England, Wales and Scotland. I imagine there's another + Northern Ireland which is cut off from the image (we hope anyway)

Heard he got an ankle injury and is now out for 6 weeks. This is due to the board that they used fell off the wall…Brendan and his coaching staff put it up… 

bloody training methods!!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Here's Leicester cult hero Nigel Pearson saying:

- he wouldn't pick a player because he wasn't putting the work in in training

- the club need to sign more players

- being incredibly stubborn about his tactics

Parallels with what Brendan has said are pretty obvious but I see some (and admittedly a minority) saying get this man back despite him leading Bristol City to the dizzy heights of 14th despite having two of the best young players in the championship and over 2 years to turn it around.

So my question is do these people genuinely think there's some logic here or are they fully conscious of their agenda and irrationality?

Point on the Filbert doll to where the nasty manager touched you:

image.jpeg.4fdd8d9c2b53d3665b7e890dfd91ac66.jpeg

3 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

Also read the replies in the tweet, most fans there seem to be unimpressed with nige. 

It’s an interview what is three months old. He was allowed to affect that change he referenced. Made a very public point recently about the dynamics of the squad there - got the three out he wanted. I think it’s 1 loss in 15 league wise for them since Boxing Day

The difference I’d say is that Pearson takes more an overall view on how a squad fits in personality as well as ability. Rodgers doesn’t on personality and the penny has dropped too late 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

There’s been a lot spoken on Saturday’s game about individual performances, criticism of players missed chances or making bad decisions. 

There’s a huge white elephant there though - we’ve avoided talking about the team collectively. Because simply there isn’t a team there at the moment. And that lies completely at Rodgers. We don’t have a team work ethic, the players don’t play for each other and they don’t support each other. The lack of urgency and communication was evident throughout Saturday. 

You can park your tactics etc at the door when it comes to management if you can’t get the team spirit right and get the maximum effort as a baseline to work off, you are in big trouble. 

I won’t get into the injury record and how we always, always look leggy. I have good reason to suspect Mendy and KDH are playing injured currently  

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

The only thing thats kept him in his job is that he has the backing of the squad bar 3 or 4, I'm not going to names but 1 senior player has been quite vocal at their "unhappiness" on how poor we've been and Rogers in general.

A couple of players are completely besotted with him and buy into everything he says. 

Heard the club want to keep hold of 9 first team players, everyone else is free to leave in the summer for an acceptable fee.

Regardless what division we're in it'll be a total rebuild job over the next 18-24mnths, that includes U16,18 and 21s. 

Rodgers will be here until the end of the season, more of a gamble to try and get someone new in and hope it pays off in the eyes of those up top. 

40 points is the target and club is confident that Rodgers can achieve that goal and keep us up by the end of the season.

Whilst I hate Rodgers and wanted him gone last season, we need to accept he ain't going anywhere. If you want us in the league next season then we've got to get behind the players regardless of how shite it is at the minute. 

Come on then everyone, it's wild speculation time - let's start throwing some names out there:

13 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

1 senior player has been quite vocal at their "unhappiness" on how poor we've been and Rogers in general

Either Castagne or Vardy

14 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

A couple of players are completely besotted with him and buy into everything he says.

Maddison definitely one, the other I'm guessing Ward or Evans

14 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Heard the club want to keep hold of 9 first team players, everyone else is free to leave in the summer for an acceptable fee

Barnes, Maddison, Kristiansen, Souttar, Ricardo, Vardy, KDH, Justin, Faes (assuming Tielemans is as good as gone)

18 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The only thing thats kept him in his job is that he has the backing of the squad bar 3 or 4, I'm not going to names but 1 senior player has been quite vocal at their "unhappiness" on how poor we've been and Rogers in general.

Castange?

18 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Heard the club want to keep hold of 9 first team players, everyone else is free to leave in the summer for an acceptable fee.

Regardless what division we're in it'll be a total rebuild job over the next 18-24mnths, that includes U16,18 and 21s. 

Rodgers will be here until the end of the season, more of a gamble to try and get someone new in and hope it pays off in the eyes of those up top. 

40 points is the target and club is confident that Rodgers can achieve that goal and keep us up by the end of the season.

Whilst I hate Rodgers and wanted him gone last season, we need to accept he ain't going anywhere. If you want us in the league next season then we've got to get behind the players regardless of how shite it is at the minute. 

Whole thing sounds like a recipe for disaster. Nothing working but keep him till the end of the season anyway, whereby you then alienate the besotted few. If he's not here for the long term and shows no evidence that he can sort the current problem out, he should go. If any of the above is true, Rodgers isn't the actual problem.

What's actually the logic behind people thinking Castagne isn't a fan of Rodgers? (Apart from the fact none of us are of course) I've seen it a few times now and I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

We deserve everything that's coming to us. Any other club in the league would've sacked him by now but we lack any sort of ambition and seemingly don't have any decision makers at the club who know their football. The whole culture of the club is some weird Brendan Rodgers cult and some of you are too far gone to snap out of it

Just now, Ashdav86 said:

So besotted he's run his contract down

Running contract down will be because of money and the fact the he we wont be in contention for European football anytime soon. Still doesn’t mean he isn’t a fan of Rodger’s. 

Problem we have here, is those besotted with Rodger’s will also be buying into the narrative that he (and they) are not having their talent backed by the club. 

• Like 1