Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Running contract down will be because of money and the fact the he we wont be in contention for European football anytime soon. Still doesn’t mean he isn’t a fan of Rodger’s. 

Problem we have here, is those besotted with Rodger’s will also be buying into the narrative that he (and they) are not having their talent backed by the club. 

Yes but why aren't we in contention for Europe? 

That's the question

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Bad luck

Injuries

November heatwaves

Not been backed

Fans fault for having too high ambitions for such a small club

Take your pick really

I admire Rodgers in one respect its been a year and and month since we lost to forest in FA cup and I was sure he would be gone after that

Yet he's still here

Everybody knows if it was his dad in charge he would be long gone

Tops patience will end soon though there's only so much closer to relegation we can get

• Like 1

You just know if Brendan is sacked we'll get a Craig Shakespeare-esque caretaker manager bounce from all the disillusioned players at present a la Vardy....like straight after when Ranieri was sacked in February 2017.....

3 minutes ago, Ashdav86 said:

I admire Rodgers in one respect its been a year and and month since we lost to forest in FA cup and I was sure he would be gone after that

Yet he's still here

Everybody knows if it was his dad in charge he would be long gone

Tops patience will end soon though there's only so much closer to relegation we can get

I admire him like I'd admire a cockroach surviving a nuclear bomb. Infact that's probably his spirit animal 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I admire him like I'd admire a cockroach surviving a nuclear bomb. Infact that's probably his spirit animal 

That's harsh he did win an Fa cup

Plus if man City did cheat we would have made champions league

Do agree that his style and media work have damaged the club and its massively underperforming

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Bad luck

Injuries

November heatwaves

Not been backed

Fans fault for having too high ambitions for such a small club

Take your pick really

Not been backed? 

Come on spent more money than any other Leicester manager in the clubs history 

You forgot one thing… the main thing… he’s signed absolute drivel 

Edited by dylanlegend
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

The only thing thats kept him in his job is that he has the backing of the squad bar 3 or 4, I'm not going to names but 1 senior player has been quite vocal at their "unhappiness" on how poor we've been and Rogers in general.

A couple of players are completely besotted with him and buy into everything he says. 

Heard the club want to keep hold of 9 first team players, everyone else is free to leave in the summer for an acceptable fee.

Regardless what division we're in it'll be a total rebuild job over the next 18-24mnths, that includes U16,18 and 21s. 

Rodgers will be here until the end of the season, more of a gamble to try and get someone new in and hope it pays off in the eyes of those up top. 

40 points is the target and club is confident that Rodgers can achieve that goal and keep us up by the end of the season.

Whilst I hate Rodgers and wanted him gone last season, we need to accept he ain't going anywhere. If you want us in the league next season then we've got to get behind the players regardless of how shite it is at the minute. 

They're wrong. I could've stomached this a couple of weeks ago but not now. I think we're going down if he sees the season out.

Wouldn't shock me. That earlier from Maddison tells me it's a squad full of players who'd rather go on the defensive than prove their doubters wrong. Reminds me a lot of the crap Declan Rice has been coming out with as well - no surprise really, another overly protected player.

The board have left it too late and blundered it again. There are candidates out there but who wants to take over a club, with no transfer window in a relegation scrap ? Shortens your candidates significantly. This guy is taking us down and there is little we as fans can do about it.

I’m surprised he’s still here. 

Even in 14/15, we knew we had the quality but it just wasn’t clicking. This squad obviously needs improvements but seriously, Rodgers isn’t the answer. 

Are the board seriously going to let him stay until the end of the year? 

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

They’re not bothering to teach Tete that Northern Ireland is part of the UK so there’s hope!!! 

CEC7F244-35D5-4EB6-914D-C93ECD5031EE.jpeg.e065762c7a023b28cdecfe724ee126ea.jpeg

dudes clearly signing for another couple of years then

D8_83rvUIAENXIb.jpg.6ae4cdfa75bba29a9d94e97ddc456c78.jpg

6 hours ago, Aleksz said:

What's actually the logic behind people thinking Castagne isn't a fan of Rodgers? (Apart from the fact none of us are of course) I've seen it a few times now and I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

didn't he give an interview at the start of the season that was pretty critical of Rodgers?

7 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

The only thing thats kept him in his job is that he has the backing of the squad bar 3 or 4, I'm not going to names but 1 senior player has been quite vocal at their "unhappiness" on how poor we've been and Rogers in general.

A couple of players are completely besotted with him and buy into everything he says. 

Heard the club want to keep hold of 9 first team players, everyone else is free to leave in the summer for an acceptable fee.

Regardless what division we're in it'll be a total rebuild job over the next 18-24mnths, that includes U16,18 and 21s. 

Rodgers will be here until the end of the season, more of a gamble to try and get someone new in and hope it pays off in the eyes of those up top. 

40 points is the target and club is confident that Rodgers can achieve that goal and keep us up by the end of the season.

Whilst I hate Rodgers and wanted him gone last season, we need to accept he ain't going anywhere. If you want us in the league next season then we've got to get behind the players regardless of how shite it is at the minute. 

Firstly thanks for sharing the information and I have no reason to doubt or attempt to try and pour scorn on the validity of the information. 

what is concerning is if all of this is true, which. I am not doubting for a second, then we are well and truly goosed and for me we are almost certain to go down and my reasons for this being as follows - 

We are keeping 9 players, which means potentially 16 of the current 25 man squad are not in the clubs plans for next season, what motivation does this provide for them to bust a gut to try and save us. 

If the club plan to stick with Rodgers until the summer, but then get rid again, what meaningful impact is he going to have on the majority of a squad that have one foot out the exit door. 

as for the 3/4 senior players who are against Rodgers, I would say they would be Vardy, Castagne, Barnes and Praet. 

As for the couple who are besotted by him I would guess Madders and Youri as both are the only two who really excel in his shite tactics. 

These are dark and sad times at this football club, if you genuinely believe the manager is not right to lead the club forward and we are in the mess we are in now, then surely the sane action is to replace him immediately and give ourselves a fighting chance. 

At this point, it’s safe to assume Soyuncu isn’t his biggest fan. 

Based on the interview by Vestergaard, he isn’t either.

Castagne questioned the tactics here

https://www.lesoir.be/405556/article/2021-11-09/timothy-castagne-depuis-que-je-rejoue-sans-masque-ma-famille-est-plus-stressee

He’s also openly stated he joined Leicester because of Rodgers. 

It’ll be fringe players that aren’t happy. I can’t imagine the likes of Perez, Praet, Iheanacho are on the fence. 

Maybe even Tielemans and Iversen now. 

5 hours ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Bit over 18 months for me. Only Deeney Day rivals the final game of the 20/21 season as the most depressing match I've seen as a Leicester fan.

After capitulating at the end of 19/20, throwing away a 14 point cushion, we'd done the exact same thing again, playing like relegation candidates for the latter half of the season (The FA Cup win was a miracle that I'll forever be grateful for because 99 times out of a hundred we lose that game and had Chilwell started his run half a second later, we would have)

Somehow, we still had a chance of a CL spot if we beat Spurs at home and Chelsea slipped up at Villa. Something that struck me within the first 5 minutes was how unmotivated Tottenham looked. Their fans had already joked before the game that they wouldn't want to do Chelsea any favours and that 7th place was a less than attractive prospect due to the new conference league. When the game started, though, it didn't seem like a joke anymore. They really did look like they were already on the beach.

We were 2-1 up in the 75th minute and Villa were beating Chelsea. All we had to do was see out the game. We had everything to play for. Spurs looked like they couldn't care less. And there's really no explanation for what happened next. We conceded 3 goals in 20 minutes. The last of which involved Bale waltzing through our entire defence in a manner not too dissimilar to Blackburn's second goal just last week.

After Deeney Day, I was devastated but something about that collective pain seemed to galvanise the players and they stormed the league the next year, determined not to leave anything to chance. Under Brendan Rodgers, nobody is galvanised by anything. The same mistakes are repeated over and over. I’ve lost track of the number of humiliations and abject collapses we’ve been subjected to. If anything, the grooves seem to be carved more deeply each time, expediting the patterns of failure leaving us more and more fragile with every passing game.

The response to Southampton's penalty miss was particularly alarming, as in some kind of paradoxical way the players seemed to be aware there was a pressure to respond and managed to retreat even further, conceding shortly afterwards.

The mentality that’s been instilled into this team means we’re only ever going to move in one direction. The best time to remove it was a little over 18 months ago. The next best time is now.

Brilliant post. Spot on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Bit over 18 months for me. Only Deeney Day rivals the final game of the 20/21 season as the most depressing match I've seen as a Leicester fan.

After capitulating at the end of 19/20, throwing away a 14 point cushion, we'd done the exact same thing again, playing like relegation candidates for the latter half of the season (The FA Cup win was a miracle that I'll forever be grateful for because 99 times out of a hundred we lose that game and had Chilwell started his run half a second later, we would have)

Somehow, we still had a chance of a CL spot if we beat Spurs at home and Chelsea slipped up at Villa. Something that struck me within the first 5 minutes was how unmotivated Tottenham looked. Their fans had already joked before the game that they wouldn't want to do Chelsea any favours and that 7th place was a less than attractive prospect due to the new conference league. When the game started, though, it didn't seem like a joke anymore. They really did look like they were already on the beach.

We were 2-1 up in the 75th minute and Villa were beating Chelsea. All we had to do was see out the game. We had everything to play for. Spurs looked like they couldn't care less. And there's really no explanation for what happened next. We conceded 3 goals in 20 minutes. The last of which involved Bale waltzing through our entire defence in a manner not too dissimilar to Blackburn's second goal just last week.

After Deeney Day, I was devastated but something about that collective pain seemed to galvanise the players and they stormed the league the next year, determined not to leave anything to chance. Under Brendan Rodgers, nobody is galvanised by anything. The same mistakes are repeated over and over. I’ve lost track of the number of humiliations and abject collapses we’ve been subjected to. If anything, the grooves seem to be carved more deeply each time, expediting the patterns of failure leaving us more and more fragile with every passing game.

The response to Southampton's penalty miss was particularly alarming, as in some kind of paradoxical way the players seemed to be aware there was a pressure to respond and managed to retreat even further, conceding shortly afterwards.

The mentality that’s been instilled into this team means we’re only ever going to move in one direction. The best time to remove it was a little over 18 months ago. The next best time is now.

That is a great post.

Ultimately, even though for me I'd have been pleased if we had a new manager for the start of the 21/22 Season, there was no way in hell we were going to sack a manager in the season we won the FA Cup & finished 5th. Regardless of the context you've provided. 

6 hours ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Errors. We left the best striker in England completely free. Kasper Schmeichel missed the ball at a corner and it goes in, what's he doing?. Nobody prepared to foul Bale as he runs through our midfield and defence.

If these things didn't happen then we finish 4th. If's though. Just like "had Chilwell started his run half a second later", you imply we lose the FA Cup final, it's an "if".

The Spurs defeat was horrific but the Newcastle defeat was worse before it. Win that and we don't even have to beat Spurs. Spurs, the bottlers, rememeber..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, David Lowe said:

Somebody on Radio Leicester saying they have wanted him out for 18 months. That is the beginning of the season after we won the FA Cup and finished fifth. I know some people have never liked the style of play but that is ridiculous.

Whilst not demanding him to be sacked i’ve been saying since we bottled top 4 the first time that he wasn’t the right man to take us forward and build upon the huge opportunity we had. He got a reprieve after the FA Cup but besides that every chance the team has had to kick on or do something special they’ve bottled it because of the manager. 

Unfortunately the board took their eye off the ball and let the rot fester and now we are in a position where the opportunity is gone, probably never coming back and we’ll be lucky to be in this league in 6 months time. 

Its shambolic.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Errors. We left the best striker in England completely free. Kasper Schmeichel missed the ball at a corner and it goes in, what's he doing?. Nobody prepared to foul Bale as he runs through our midfield and defence.

If these things didn't happen then we finish 4th. If's though. Just like "had Chilwell started his run half a second later", you imply we lose the FA Cup final, it's an "if".

The Spurs defeat was horrific but the Newcastle defeat was worse before it. Win that and we don't even have to beat Spurs. Spurs, the bottlers, rememeber..

Errors true but the shift in mindset was clear, the players retreated against a team that had already finished the season and let them back into it. A mentality that is set from the top.