Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 hours ago, David Lowe said:

Somebody on Radio Leicester saying they have wanted him out for 18 months. That is the beginning of the season after we won the FA Cup and finished fifth. I know some people have never liked the style of play but that is ridiculous.

Our first atrocious performance under Rodgers was the 2-1 win at home to Everton (Ian Nacho’s VAR winner) The late goal totally papered over the cracks but is was a shocking performance. I’ve never watched it back, but I’d bet you’d find many similarities with the current performances as with the one that day- sideways and backwards tippy tappy football. 

But I was totally fed up with his football before Warsaw away. That was 1 year and 5 months ago. Before that dire performance I’d even looked up our stats on the PL website. From memory, out of the top 10 passers, the first 7 of them were the keeper, defenders and CDMS. Kasper and Cags were Top 2 leading by a country mile on 3rd place. The football was toss. 

Then Warsaw away happened. So yes, 18 months. 

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Our first atrocious performance under Rodgers was the 2-1 win at home to Everton (Ian Nacho’s VAR winner) The late goal totally papered over the cracks but is was a shocking performance. I’ve never watched it back, but I’d bet you’d find many similarities with the current performances as with the one that day- sideways and backwards tippy tappy football. 

But I was totally fed up with his football before Warsaw away. That was 1 year and 5 months ago. Before that dire performance I’d even looked up our stats on the PL website. From memory, out of the top 10 passers, the first 7 of them were the keeper, defenders and CDMS. Kasper and Cags were Top 2 leading by a country mile on 3rd place. The football was toss. 

Then Warsaw away happened. So yes, 18 months. 

You can have the odd bad performance amongst a good season though, actually the sign of a good team to pick up results when they look shit. The worry now is for the most part we haven't been doing that for some considerable time

Edited by Tommy Fresh

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You can have the odd bad performance amongst a good season though, actually the sign of a good team to pick up results when they look shit. The worry now is for the most part we haven't been doing that for some considerable time

Oh I know. I just meant that that Everton game was the shape of things to come. From then on those performances became much more frequent 

I’m not even sure if you can call it a good season either. Would you have taken 5th at the start of each season? I’d have bitten your arm off. Would you have taken 5th when 14 points clear of it in March? Of course you wouldn’t. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Looks like Romano has mentioned Rodgers on some podcast or something, but nothing concrete. Along the lines of "Leicester in for a very busy summer, as for Rodgers future, we will see over the next few weeks..."

Yay, another few weeks of :appl: and :brendan:

3 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Looks like Romano has mentioned Rodgers on some podcast or something, but nothing concrete. Along the lines of "Leicester in for a very busy summer, as for Rodgers future, we will see over the next few weeks..."

Yay, another few weeks of :appl: and :brendan:

Just a throw away line really, he's heard we're going to have a busy window, nothing on Rodger's future which he'll assume will depend how our next few weeks go 

19 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I just want to like watching us again. 

I know just how you feel @RumbleFox After the Blackburn shambles & the Saturday’s Southampton demise I’m thinking about saving the petrol for the journey as it’s not cheap to travel to Leicester, but knowing my love for the club I’ll change my mind Saturday morning !

• Like 1

This is the manager we are relying on to get us enough points to stay up..

From the Independent May 6 2014

Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 3 

It will at least go to the last day of the season on Sunday, but a glance back over their shoulder will tell Liverpool that Selhurst Park was where the dream died and it will be no consolation that their Premier League title ambitions hit the wall in such a brilliant game.

They might still win it - there is even an unlikely scenario where Chelsea could - but the reality is that Manchester City need only a win and a draw in their final two games to finish as champions, starting with the game against Aston Villa on Wednesday. Could Manuel Pellegrini’s team lose their nerve? Perhaps, but it felt like the season’s spectacular choke was this one, when Liverpool blew a 3-0 lead.

It was a ten minute spell in the closing stages of the game when Brendan Rodgers’ team conceded three goals 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

It will at least go to the last day of the season on Sunday, but a glance back over their shoulder will tell Liverpool that Selhurst Park was where the dream died and it will be no consolation that their Premier League title ambitions hit the wall in such a brilliant game.

They might still win it - there is even an unlikely scenario where Chelsea could - but the reality is that Manchester City need only a win and a draw in their final two games to finish as champions, starting with the game against Aston Villa on Wednesday. Could Manuel Pellegrini’s team lose their nerve? Perhaps, but it felt like the season’s spectacular choke was this one, when Liverpool blew a 3-0 lead.

It was a ten minute spell in the closing stages of the game when Brendan Rodgers’ team conceded three goals 

There is so much history and past evidence to suggest that when the pressure is on this manager and his teams crumble and it really does not bode well for the end of our season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Oh I know. I just meant that that Everton game was the shape of things to come. From then on those performances became much more frequent 

I’m not even sure if you can call it a good season either. Would you have taken 5th at the start of each season? I’d have bitten your arm off. Would you have taken 5th when 14 points clear of it in March? Of course you wouldn’t. 

Yeah on the face of it 5th was fine, but the nature of how we fell away both seasons was really bad. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

i can think of so many games bottled under him, he's the master of getting teams to do that. probably the manger everybody would least want during a relegation scrap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What concerns me is the Premier Table, Brentford & Fulham have 39, 38 points and they are not big clubs or even considered top six potential, but they are achieving results far exceeding our 24 points. So what is going wrong this season? I had no problems with BR until this season, but I’m now not so sure and he could be a factor in our decline.

15 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

What concerns me is the Premier Table, Brentford & Fulham have 39, 38 points and they are not big clubs or even considered top six potential, but they are achieving results far exceeding our 24 points. So what is going wrong this season? I had no problems with BR until this season, but I’m now not so sure and he could be a factor in our decline.

He’s the only factor in our decline. Congerton and the shit we signed under him are part of the Rodgers equation. Motivation. Man management. Tactical negligence. Stubborness

Our problems are deeper than Rodgers, but they all stem from Rodgers end are spreading throughout the club. Like that horrific disease that they’ve yet found a cure for.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not a chance Rodgers gets a big six job.

Nuno got the Spurs job 2 years ago. 

Ole was appointed by United. Lampard at Chelsea. 

There are some seriously thick people at the helm of these football clubs - of course Rodgers can slime his way into a top 6 job. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

There are some seriously thick people at the helm of these football clubs - of course Rodgers can slime his way into a top 6 job. 

Nuno only got the Spurs job after numerous people turned it down, he was literally the last resort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

i think lampard and ole got those jobs because of their connection with the clubs. spurs never really wanted nuno. 

Edited by don_danbury

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Not a chance Rodgers gets a big six job.

I'd love that if it happened..

Conte goes and he's told no thanks by them if he tries to chuck his hat in the ring or the fact that he's not even approached to be considered for an interview would be equally brilliant.

The smash in the face to his Ego as he's not considered an "Elite' enough manager for the position would be priceless and bring the little cretin down a peg or two.

6 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I'd love that if it happened..

Conte goes and he's told no thanks by them if he tries to chuck his hat in the ring or the fact that he's not even approached to be considered for an interview would be equally brilliant.

The smash in the face to his Ego as he's not considered an "Elite' enough manager for the position would be priceless and bring the little cretin down a peg or two.

You know that means he is still here, right?  lol

5 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf if Conte leaves Spurs, think thats got Rodgers written all over it tbh

Why would any half decent team want him after us? With the exception of Celtic, who could have won their league with a trained monkey, his record for a champions league team doesn't stack up. Even when he's got into Europe he's been bloody useless with all of his teams.