Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You know that means he is still here, right?  lol

Unfortunately yes... and potentially no also.

Ok, how about this. We bin him at the end of the season  (hooray I hear the masses cry) and he's clubĺess, then my little scenario actually pan's out in the close season and the league kicks off and he's still unemployed and watching Match of the Day on Saturday with the rest of us.

I'm also slowly coming to terms with the fact that I can't really do anything about the situation and can't really influence the club as one person.  But I can dream to stay of the maddness😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

madders tweet yesterday shows for sure that he hasn’t lost the dressing room. 

...strange for a player to react in the way he did!!!

He must have been pretty iritated with the piece that he ha read, hitting a nerve it seems. 

It does not prove that he has the dressing room,  this is one person reacting to something he found to be unfair.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He must have been pretty iritated with the piece that he ha read, hitting a nerve it seems. 

It does not prove that he has the dressing room,  this is one person reacting to something he found to be unfair.

I think madders is a fan, it seems that way because he’s been asked about the manager before….. I think he has lost the dressing room, all but a couple of players perhaps. What we’ve got to remember is, Brendan never gave up on Madders even when he was toilet. So naturally he will have a soft spot for him. 

7 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

This is the manager we are relying on to get us enough points to stay up..

From the Independent May 6 2014

Liverpool 3 Crystal Palace 3 

It will at least go to the last day of the season on Sunday, but a glance back over their shoulder will tell Liverpool that Selhurst Park was where the dream died and it will be no consolation that their Premier League title ambitions hit the wall in such a brilliant game.

They might still win it - there is even an unlikely scenario where Chelsea could - but the reality is that Manchester City need only a win and a draw in their final two games to finish as champions, starting with the game against Aston Villa on Wednesday. Could Manuel Pellegrini’s team lose their nerve? Perhaps, but it felt like the season’s spectacular choke was this one, when Liverpool blew a 3-0 lead.

It was a ten minute spell in the closing stages of the game when Brendan Rodgers’ team conceded three goals 

...people talk about the defeat to Chelsea, but this was when they actually lost it!!!

5 point lead with 3 games to play and they finish 2 points behind Man. City. Two 4th place finishes nailed on and we finish 5th, what does he say to his players when they need to be motivated. 

42 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If the dressing room is lost then madders wouldn’t go out on a limb in publicly defending as he did ……

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...people talk about the defeat to Chelsea, but this was when they actually lost it!!!

5 point lead with 3 games to play and they finish 2 points behind Man. City. Two 4th place finishes nailed on and we finish 5th, what does he say to his players when they need to be motivated. 

Gucci belt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If the dressing room is lost then madders wouldn’t go out on a limb in publicly defending as he did ……

Maddison is just professional, I'd say. I've come to respect him massively. I suspect a fair few clubs will feel the same come the summer transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Maddison is just professional, I'd say. I've come to respect him massively. I suspect a fair few clubs will feel the same come the summer transfer window.

being professional would surely mean staying quiet on social media …

he is a big part of that dressing room - my point being that he wouldn’t want to alienate any of his team mates who aren’t supportive of rodgers if there is an issue. Staying quiet publicly works in that context 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

being professional would surely mean staying quiet on social media …

he is a big part of that dressing room - my point being that he wouldn’t want to alienate any of his team mates who aren’t supportive of rodgers if there is an issue. Staying quiet publicly works in that context 

I honestly haven't seen what he's written so I may be missing context. But if he's defending the team and manager, even on social media, isn't that a sign of professionalism? Leaders don't stay quiet when times are tough. Social media is the media these days.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Gew’ on Rob. (Finally)

Depends on Evans being fit.

I think he'll have a positive impact on both Souttar and Faes. 

Something that hasn't been discussed so much is how many players in our squad are still playing regularly when their contract expires at the end of the season. 

It's not healthy. Appreciate Tielemans has shown his commitment but playing the likes of Soyuncu and Amartey when they might be checking out is a big risk, let alone the level of Amartey's performances recently. 

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Depends on Evans being fit.

I think he'll have a positive impact on both Souttar and Faes. 

Something that hasn't been discussed so much is how many players in our squad are still playing regularly when their contract expires at the end of the season. 

It's not healthy. Appreciate Tielemans has shown his commitment but playing the likes of Soyuncu and Amartey when they might be checking out is a big risk, let alone the level of Amartey's performances recently. 

A back three of Faes, Souttar and Evans scares the hell out of me. Who is the one with the pace to bail out us being exposed in a high line like Soyuncu had to do?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Adding one more centre back to the slow build up is the last thing we need. It'll take 20 minutes to get the ball over the halfway line. 

That is the biggest issue when we play 3 at the back and are lacking confidence.

Cue Rodgers talking about being passive in the 1st half and having to change things at half time blah nlah blah

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A back three of Faes, Souttar and Evans scares the hell out of me. Who is the one with the pace to bail out us being exposed in a high line like Soyuncu had to do?

Evans can organise better - we're playing a high line with a 2 and it's not working as we keep getting exposed currently. 

Maintain that Evans' injury was the turning point for us in 2020/21. He was showing the leadership to get us to CL, with his goals vs WBA and Southampton, but it was downhill after his injury vs Newcastle in the PL.

Edited by lcfc_forever

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That is the biggest issue when we play 3 at the back and are lacking confidence.

Cue Rodgers talking about being passive in the 1st half and having to change things at half time blah nlah blah

Exactly this, we'll waste 45 minutes or more before him changing it up. Hallmarks of leaving it too late written all over it. 

7 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Evans can organise better - we're playing a high line with a 2 and it's not working as we keep getting exposed currently. 

Maintain that Evans' injury was the turning point for us in 2020/21. He was showing the leadership to get us to CL, with his goals vs WBA and Southampton, but it was downhill after his injury vs Newcastle in the PL.

True but Evans is a shadow of the player he once was and is one of the worst culprits for passive play. Going to 3 at the back and sitting deeper with this manager and this style of play means we'll be even slower getting the ball up the pitch, we've seen it so many times in the past when Rodgers has reverted to 3 cbs. It only ever works if we counter attack. Going with 3cbs would be the nail in the coffin especially since we are due to play 7 or so teams around us that can just sit in and expose our weaknesses. 

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

Exactly this, we'll waste 45 minutes or more before him changing it up. Hallmarks of leaving it too late written all over it. 

True but Evans is a shadow of the player he once was and is one of the worst culprits for passive play. Going to 3 at the back and sitting deeper with this manager and this style of play means we'll be even slower getting the ball up the pitch, we've seen it so many times in the past when Rodgers has reverted to 3 cbs. It only ever works if we counter attack. Going with 3cbs would be the nail in the coffin especially since we are due to play 7 or so teams around us that can just sit in and expose our weaknesses. 

Our main problem is the number of goals conceded primarily so shoring up the defence makes more logical sense to me.

And allows for another striker alongside Ihenacho - you could argue all 3 of our strikers now prefer playing in a 2 upfront. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Our main problem is the number of goals conceded primarily so shoring up the defence makes more logical sense to me.

And allows for another striker alongside Ihenacho - you could argue all 3 of our strikers now prefer playing in a 2 upfront. 

Don't disagree with the strikers preferring a 2 but it means we'd be relying on a half fit Ricardo and an out of form wrong side Castange to provide the width and stretch the play.

We'll just end up congested in the centre and being very very easy to play against. We might stop conceding as many but we'll certainly stop scoring too and with these players having too many mistakes in them its a risky move.  

How many of you wish this was about Rodgers. If the cap fits etc.......

Watford FC confirms the departure of Head Coach  Slaven Bilić and his coaching staff.

The Hornets had won just once in the last eight Sky Bet Championship games under the Croatian Head Coach – part of a run which included just three wins since Christmas.

“We are all ambitious to succeed this season, so something new is needed quickly while the opportunity of promotion is still real,” said Technical Director Ben Manga of the club’s decision.

He added: “With the January transfer window over, to change coach is the only option available to re-energise for the final games ahead.”

The Board of Directors wishes to place on record its thanks to Slaven for his work during his time at the club.

Leicester City FC confirms the departure of Head Coach Brendan Rodgers and his coaching staff.

The Foxes had won just 2 in the last eight PL games under the Northern Irish Head Coach – part of a run which included just 2 PL wins since Christmas.

“We are all ambitious to succeed this season, so something new is needed quickly while the opportunity of avoiding relegation is still real,” said Technical Director John Rudkin of the club’s decision.

He added: “With the January transfer window over, to change coach is the only option available to re-energise for the final games ahead.”

The Board of Directors wishes to place on record its thanks to Brendan for his work during his time at the club.

:ph34r:

Ps not 100% sure about our results in there.

33 minutes ago, davieG said:

How many of you wish this was about Rodgers. If the cap fits etc.......

Watford FC confirms the departure of Head Coach  Slaven Bilić and his coaching staff.

The Hornets had won just once in the last eight Sky Bet Championship games under the Croatian Head Coach – part of a run which included just three wins since Christmas.

“We are all ambitious to succeed this season, so something new is needed quickly while the opportunity of promotion is still real,” said Technical Director Ben Manga of the club’s decision.

The Board of Directors wishes to place on record its thanks to Slaven for his work during his time at the club.

Leicester City FC confirms the departure of Head Coach Brendan Rodgers and his coaching staff.

The Foxes had won just 2 in the last eight PL games under the Northern Irish Head Coach – part of a run which included just 2 PL wins since Christmas.

“We are all ambitious to succeed this season, so something new is needed quickly while the opportunity of avoiding relegation is still real,” said Technical Director John Rudkin of the club’s decision.

The Board of Directors wishes to place on record its thanks to Brendan for his work during his time at the club.

:ph34r:

Ps not 100% sure about our results in there.

But Brendan is 'Elite', so we would be mad not to keep him.