Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I would much prefer Soyuncu in the back 3 with Faes and Souttar however I doubt it will happen. More likely Rodgers moves Ndidi back there 

Unlikely, he will play his mate Amartey.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Gew’ on Rob. (Finally)

I was getting excited when I read the first line. Finally someone suggesting a new manager in the media. Not to be. Just try a different formation. Rodgers will prob try it last game of the season when we’re already down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Gew’ on Rob. (Finally)

Brendan will switch formation and then play something completely different in the next game for no reason. It's impossible to build any consistency when you're always tinkering.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I honestly haven't seen what he's written so I may be missing context. But if he's defending the team and manager, even on social media, isn't that a sign of professionalism? Leaders don't stay quiet when times are tough. Social media is the media these days.

...I suspect this is not on behalf of the rest of the players but a personal plea from Maddison!!!

Rodgers to Spurs would be amazing. It'd take him failing at a London club for the media to finally acknowledge his shortcomings.

My only worry is that the double negative (both being well known for bottling it) could result in them winning a whole bunch of trophies.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

@Stadt was it you that was talking about the Rodgers cycle? Feels very much like we're about to hit the 3 center backs phase :D

Oh **** you're right.

We'll finally play 2 up front and it'll be Vardy and Daka together as Iheanacho had the temerity to have a day off carrying the side.

• Haha 2

When’s presser day?

I feel a couple are now holding him more accountable and actually (finally) asking tough questions, well, Tanner and previously Bourne. Hoping other start piling in and start doing their jobs rather than giving him the free ride the media do.

Would love questions to be asked about his “not being backed” narrative on the back of the accounts being released - of which he has been backed in a way of not selling a big player as we’ve done as part of our “model” in order to help him and back him likewise part of the £92.5m loss includes £60m spent on Daka, Soumare and Vestergaard.

22 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Since the FA cup win and the descent to 5th place twice we've

Seen players being excluded

Seen players refusing to sign contract extensions

Seen players running down their contracts

Seen formerly decent players turn to shit

Seen promising new transfers deteriorate

Seen 10s of millions of pounds, if not more, lost this way

Seen academy players been given a laughable amount of minutes

Seen formally injured players played too soon and returned to injury

Seen a mind-numbing number of injuries, both in first team and in the academy

Seen Top back a manager who went on a far more impressive losing streak than our previously sacked managers

Seen a record financial loss

If we stay up it will be a miracle.

I'm definitely on board with Brendan's "reset" comment. Just hope he's not here for that.

I forgot the backdrop to this is the stadium expansion. I'm too scared to open that thread in fact.

10 hours ago, FLAN said:

Spurs out. Conte leaving. Could they be stupid enough?

They could be stupid enough but don't underestimate the stupidity of our board pricing Rodgers out of a move and offering him a new deal on better terms. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1