Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I see he was trotting out the usual lines about playing big clubs today.

Might as well write these games off now under this manager but no doubt with the board and half our fans this is priced in anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm backing Brendan. People who want him out are backing the inevitable Nuno terrorist football. They subconsciously want us to become Tottenham from Wish. I can't accept that.

We have already became Tottenham from Wish. We bottled 2-1 lead and lost to them 3-2 when they had 30 seconds of injury time left. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

I see he was trotting out the usual lines about playing big clubs today.

Might as well write these games off now under this manager but no doubt with the board and half our fans this is priced in anyway. 

With these games apparently being such a waste of time for everyone the club should offer a 13 home game season ticket 

• Like 1

Either the Chelsea game will be a unexpected big win by a couple of goals or a very poor defeat.

This is, arguably, the biggest game of his career.

Edited by Wymsey

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Either the Chelsea game will be a unexpected big win by a couple of goals or a very poor defeat.

This is, arguably, the biggest game of his career.

It really isn’t though is it? Win, keep his job. Lose, keep his job. He isn’t going anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It really isn’t though is it? Win, keep his job. Lose, keep his job. He isn’t going anywhere. 

I reckon if it's a defeat, the atmosphere will be toxic and Top would really need to consider removing him for the best interests for the rest of the season.

21 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

so wait, it's Vestegaards fault that Rodgers courted him for 18 months, signed him then lied to him about him being in Rodgers plans last summer?

given Rodgers has form for this (breaking promises to Moussa Dembele while at Celtic) maybe the issue is that Rodgers is an odious rat who's about as truthful as a used car salesman 

I didn't say anything like that, so no need for waiting.

We bought him and he's put in poor performances. 

53 minutes ago, Dames said:

We have already became Tottenham from Wish. We bottled 2-1 lead and lost to them 3-2 when they had 30 seconds of injury time left. 

I meant playing a variant of Conte and Nuno's 3-4-3 narcolepsyball and still get crappie results. Would rather score a load of goals.

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I reckon if it's a defeat, the atmosphere will be toxic and Top would really need to consider removing him for the best interests for the rest of the season.

I guarantee with every single fibre of my being and penny in my bank account that Brendan Rodgers will be the manager of this football club next week. It won’t be toxic. A banner or two. A hushed boo. A shake of the chairman’s head. A nauseating Percy article on Sunday night. And the big wheel keeps on turning. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I meant playing a variant of Conte and Nuno's 3-4-3 narcolepsyball and still get crappie results. Would rather score a load of goals.

I would rather score a load of goals too but we don't 

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

I guarantee with every single fibre of my being and penny in my bank account that Brendan Rodgers will be the manager of this football club next week. It won’t be toxic. A banner or two. A hushed boo. A shake of the chairman’s head. A nauseating Percy article on Sunday night. And the big wheel keeps on turning. 

This. Handy thing to remember; Internet forums are not real life.

• Like 1

So we signed a player the manager wanted, spent £15 million on him and now is reduced to training on his own yet we still haven't backed him?

Most boards would be asking questions about this.

• Like 1