Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm backing Brendan. People who want him out are backing the inevitable Nuno terrorist football. They subconsciously want us to become Tottenham from Wish. I can't accept that.

If that’s terrorist football, what is this??? Scratching your eyes with sand paper would be less painful that watching us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I reckon if it's a defeat, the atmosphere will be toxic and Top would really need to consider removing him for the best interests for the rest of the season.

It won’t be toxic at all, the lads will be clapped on to a 6-0 loss, Top will give him the big thumbs up from the stands and Rodgers will just make up a list of excuses again as usual. Monday will come and go and that poison bell piece will still be at the club. This will continue until we get relegated, and then Top will issue a statement talking about how much of a surprise it was, and how we will be back stronger…. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We have already became Tottenham from Wish. We bottled 2-1 lead and lost to them 3-2 when they had 30 seconds of injury time left. 

Has someone ever compiled a list of the most calamitous performances under BR? That one was awful in so many ways but I wonder if it even breaks the top 5 considering some of the breakdowns in the run-ins which saw us finishing fifth.

25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I reckon if it's a defeat, the atmosphere will be toxic and Top would really need to consider removing him for the best interests for the rest of the season.

If the Southampton game was at home and we had lost like we did then I agree that the atmosphere would have been toxic but there are too many people that just accept losing to the "big 6" and say that we were never going to beat them anyway so won't get angry even when we have a 0.00001 XG

4 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Screenshot_20230309_122625_Chrome.thumb.jpg.944217caad106896c84bcde9b68d34b5.jpg

Those man management skillsw. We hear about! 

Hope we dont need him anytime soon (even more than we hope that anyway) 

He'd probably score a own goal just to spite the twat now. 

Edit, found the article/an article that's not behind a pay wall. 

On the face of it, he has stated what happened, and the criticism was "The 30-year-old said it was 'strange' that he had not been considered for first-team selection all season. Now Vestergaard's future with Leicester appears sealed." 

Now that is even ****ing stranger imo. Might force him to accept the next transfer though, but doesn't look good on him/us. 

(but check the belt, gucci) 

In fairness to the little poisoned dwarf, this is what I was thinking I would find if this news came out about a good manager. 

Screenshot_20230309_171758_Chrome.jpg.d6f05af13a07d03defb35796c04d48c7.jpg

So the good news is he has started copying a good manager in the right way, unfortunately he is still trying to copy a good manager by playing like peps teams. 

The result though is like me trying to cook like Jamie Oliver but without the superior utensils, I try to stir my posh soup in the sink with a tramps cock. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/brendan-rodgers-questions-jannik-vestergaard-8234322

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 2

Crumbs, when you look back at the first post on page 1 in this BR post, from April 18th, 2021 (after we had reached the FA Cup Final by beating Saints in front of a virtually empty Wembley Stadium of course), then things couldn't have been any differnt back then to what they are now! What are we on now ... page 2036?? I guess a lot of the recent increase in this page is because he's still here mind! 

27 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Has someone ever compiled a list of the most calamitous performances under BR? That one was awful in so many ways but I wonder if it even breaks the top 5 considering some of the breakdowns in the run-ins which saw us finishing fifth.

Gotta be the capitulation in the 4-1 at Bournemouth away in the dreadful 2020 re-start era just after the first wave of Covid - not helped by Soyuncu's moment of madness no less!

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I didn't say anything like that, so no need for waiting.

We bought him and he's put in poor performances. 

yea he has, he was also told by Rodgers last summer that he was in Rodgers plans for this season, prompting him to reject moves away. Rodgers clearly lied to him then, he's got a right to feel aggrieved 

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Leicester 1 - southampton 2 2020 (revenge for the 9-0) 
Burnely 2 - Leicester 1 
Norwich 1- Leicester 0
Everton 2- Leicester1
Bournemouth 4 Leicester 1 ( discraceful!)

Leicester 0- west ham 3 
Leicester 1 - fulham 2  
Zorya 1 - Leicester 0 
Palace 1 leicester 1  (played the reserve and bottled a huge chance to consolidate top 4) 
Leicester 1- Leeds 3   (car crash defending)
Slavia 0-0 & 2-0 loss    
West H 3-  Leicester 2   (going 3-0 down after party gate) 
southampton 1- leicester 1  (they had 10 men all game ffs)
Leicester 2 spurs 4 ( final game .. they didnt even try)

West h 4 Leicester 1 (the thumping of our good times were gone)
Leicester 2 Napoli 2 ( 2 goal lead thrown away)
Legia 1 Leicester 0
Leicester 1 Spartak 1 
Napoli reserves 3 Leicester 2 (out of el)
Liverpool 3- Leicester 3 (out on pens after being 2 up and conceding in the 95th min *Tyler morton is a scumbag)
Leicester 2 spurs 3 (no comment)
Leicester 1 - brighton 1 (late welbeck equalizer)
Leicester 2 WEST H 2 ( 90 MIN EQUALIZER)
Them 4 Leicester 1 (chairs through pub windows)
Newcastle 2 Leicester1 ( 90 min loss)
Everton 1 Leicester 1 (90 min equalizer again!!!!)
Leicester  1- Roma 1 (dominated but bottled
 taking an advantage to italy)
Leicester  1 everton 2 ( we saved them from relegation in 2 weeks ffs)

In 3 seasons theres 29 examples of pure fan devistation,

Leicester 2 Brentford 2 ( 2 up again+ late goal)  

Cant be arsed doing the rest from this year too sh*te

How does Brendan have a job lol

I think you're getting confused between calamitous and being beaten by a better team on the day.

The Southampton defeat, for example, the revenge for our 9-0 win. We were beaten by a better team on the day, Southampton had something like 10 sots on target that game.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

yea he has, he was also told by Rodgers last summer that he was in Rodgers plans for this season, prompting him to reject moves away. Rodgers clearly lied to him then, he's got a right to feel aggrieved 

You still don't go out and do an unauthorized interview though. Any manager would isolate a player after that. 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If he thought he was in the manager’s plans after Amartey, Ndidi, Hamza - or even a change in formation - were chosen ahead of him during an injury crisis then he truly has failed to “read the f’kin room” in epic proportions 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

We were in 3rd they were in the relegation zone... we'd already shown we can smash 9 past them. We were at home. Thats pretty calamitous in my eyes,. 

They were nowhere near the relegation zone. They were about 3 points off 7th, not that it makes it any better.

Same with the West Ham games you've picked. They've been a really good side over the last two/three years, I wouldn't consider losing to them as a calamity defeat. 

The Norwich games in 19/20 were much worse. Both of them. 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You still don't go out and do an unauthorized interview though. Any manager would isolate a player after that. 

changing the topic massively from your initial post about how he'd have played more if he wasn't shit. truth is he'd have played more if Rodgers hadn't lied to him when he had the chance to move away. Whether he should have done the interview or not is irrelevant as to whether the feelings he expressed in it were justified (they were)

6 hours ago, Simoken said:

Id honestly love to see Rodgers at LCFC for another 4 seasons. Imagine how great FT will look if he did, by that time i think all the doom and gloomers would wait after 3 game loses before having a schizo hissy fit.

:brendan_still::plancque:

I think youd be the only person left posting to yourself on FT if that was the case 👍

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They were nowhere near the relegation zone. They were about 3 points off 7th, not that it makes it any better.

Same with the West Ham games you've picked. They've been a really good side over the last two/three years, I wouldn't consider losing to them as a calamity defeat. 

The Norwich games in 19/20 were much worse. Both of them. 

Fair well, I may have mixed season up but its still a bad result. 

Its the manor of the defeats agaisnt west ham rather than the opposition for me. We crumbled im not so sure it was down to their quality. Particularly the one we gave them a 3 goal lead.

Edited by Lambert09

It'll be interesting to know if the fellow coaching staff just nod and agree with his training and game ideas, and not challenge them sometimes.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think you're getting confused between calamitous and being beaten by a better team on the day.

The Southampton defeat, for example, the revenge for our 9-0 win. We were beaten by a better team on the day, Southampton had something like 10 sots on target that game.

What did we have? 0 for a guess