Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

56 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Leicester 1 - southampton 2 2020 (revenge for the 9-0) 
Burnely 2 - Leicester 1 
Norwich 1- Leicester 0
Everton 2- Leicester1

Leicester 2 - Newcastle 4 (4 0 down to a relegation side)
Bournemouth 4 Leicester 1 ( discraceful!)

Leicester 0- west ham 3 
Leicester 1 - fulham 2  
Zorya 1 - Leicester 0 
Palace 1 leicester 1  (played the reserve and bottled a huge chance to consolidate top 4) 
Leicester 1- Leeds 3   (car crash defending)
Slavia 0-0 & 2-0 loss    
West H 3-  Leicester 2   (going 3-0 down after party gate) 
southampton 1- leicester 1  (they had 10 men all game ffs)
Leicester 2 spurs 4 ( final game .. they didnt even try)

West h 4 Leicester 1 (the thumping of our good times were gone)
Leicester 2 Napoli 2 ( 2 goal lead thrown away)
Legia 1 Leicester 0
Leicester 1 Spartak 1 
Napoli reserves 3 Leicester 2 (out of el)
Liverpool 3- Leicester 3 (out on pens after being 2 up and conceding in the 95th min *Tyler morton is a scumbag)
Leicester 2 spurs 3 (no comment)
Leicester 1 - brighton 1 (late welbeck equalizer)
Leicester 2 WEST H 2 ( 90 MIN EQUALIZER)
Them 4 Leicester 1 (chairs through pub windows)
Newcastle 2 Leicester1 ( 90 min loss)
Everton 1 Leicester 1 (90 min equalizer again!!!!)
Leicester  1- Roma 1 (dominated but bottled
 taking an advantage to italy)
Leicester  1 everton 2 ( we saved them from relegation in 2 weeks ffs)

In 2 1/2 seasons theres 29 examples of pure fan devistation,

Leicester 2 Brentford 2 ( 2 up again+ late goal)  

Cant be arsed doing the rest from this year too sh*te

How does Brendan have a job lol

wasn't that leicester newcastle match in the 2021 season not 2019? i remember newcastle lost 3 nil at their place and 5 nil at the kp that season

you're forgetting some from 2020, the last game against man utd, terrible performance for the whole 90. the game away against wartford(ben chilwell scores a banger 90th min then go on to draw) lol that terrible game against brighton at home where kasper saved a pen. ended 0-0

Edited by don_danbury

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

So we’re Team Vestergaard now? Rodgers is finally treating Vestergaard the way so many on here have been demanding.

The further away that guy is kept from the first team, the better.

Vasterguard is not great we all know it, but to be frozen out, having been chased by Rodgers, with no explanation is appaling. 

Off course it could be the reason he has been frozen out is he didn't take the moves that were apparently offered, it still doesn't excuse the lack of communication, and explains why a few on here think he has done the same to a few others, hardly the actions of a good man manager.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Leicester 1 - southampton 2 2020 (revenge for the 9-0) 
Burnely 2 - Leicester 1 
Norwich 1- Leicester 0
Everton 2- Leicester1

Leicester 2 - Newcastle 4 (4 0 down to a relegation side)
Bournemouth 4 Leicester 1 ( discraceful!)

Leicester 0- west ham 3 
Leicester 1 - fulham 2  
Zorya 1 - Leicester 0 
Palace 1 leicester 1  (played the reserve and bottled a huge chance to consolidate top 4) 
Leicester 1- Leeds 3   (car crash defending)
Slavia 0-0 & 2-0 loss    
West H 3-  Leicester 2   (going 3-0 down after party gate) 
southampton 1- leicester 1  (they had 10 men all game ffs)
Leicester 2 spurs 4 ( final game .. they didnt even try)

West h 4 Leicester 1 (the thumping of our good times were gone)
Leicester 2 Napoli 2 ( 2 goal lead thrown away)
Legia 1 Leicester 0
Leicester 1 Spartak 1 
Napoli reserves 3 Leicester 2 (out of el)
Liverpool 3- Leicester 3 (out on pens after being 2 up and conceding in the 95th min *Tyler morton is a scumbag)
Leicester 2 spurs 3 (no comment)
Leicester 1 - brighton 1 (late welbeck equalizer)
Leicester 2 WEST H 2 ( 90 MIN EQUALIZER)
Them 4 Leicester 1 (chairs through pub windows)
Newcastle 2 Leicester1 ( 90 min loss)
Everton 1 Leicester 1 (90 min equalizer again!!!!)
Leicester  1- Roma 1 (dominated but bottled
 taking an advantage to italy)
Leicester  1 everton 2 ( we saved them from relegation in 2 weeks ffs)

In 2 1/2 seasons theres 29 examples of pure fan devistation,

Leicester 2 Brentford 2 ( 2 up again+ late goal)  

Cant be arsed doing the rest from this year too sh*te

How does Brendan have a job lol

Oh crikey that's depressing!

In particular we have a woeful recent record vs West Ham, Southampton, Everton and Fulham - teams that you'd expect us to beat on a regular basis. West Ham in particular must see us as an easy 3 points, depressing stuff.

13 minutes ago, The_77 said:

So we’re Team Vestergaard now? Rodgers is finally treating Vestergaard the way so many on here have been demanding.

The fact that he was a multi million pound Rodgers signing is a disgrace. Of course he is going to be hugely pissed off. I don’t rate him as a player (obviously) and am annoyed at him turning down moves. However we signed him for decent money and are paying him a whack so he is going to assume he was going to be in with a chance of playing. It’s just a shambles all round.

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-admire-brendan-rodgers-antonio-8235121

Tottenham ‘admire’ Brendan Rodgers as Antonio Conte decision made
The latest Leicester City news as Tottenham are said to be eyeing the City boss amid uncertainty over the future of Antonio Conte following the club's Champions League exit.

ByAmie WilsonMidlands football writer
17:20, 9 MAR 2023

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Antonio Conte at Tottenham Hotspur, as speculation over the Italian manager’s future in North London grows.

Conte is out of contract with Tottenham in the summer, with the manager being coy on his future at the club. Spurs’ exit at the Champions League round of 16 stage at the hands of AC Milan on Wednesday night only increased the talk over the manager’s future.

It was the side’s third disappointment in the last week, following the FA Cup exit against Sheffield United and the Premier League loss against Wolves last weekend. Spurs are back in action on Saturday when they take on Nottingham Forest at home.

While Conte is expected to be on the touchline for that game, doubts over his long-term future remain. Speaking on talkSPORT’s breakfast show on Thursday, journalist Alex Crook gave the latest, with former manager Mauricio Pochettino one of the early favourites to take over from Conte should he leave.

“I think both parties know that his contract isn’t going to be renewed,” Crook said. “The question for Tottenham and for Daniel Levy now is do they bring that decision forward maybe to try and save the season in terms of Champions League qualification?

“Maurico Pochettino, I’ve been told by more than one source, is really keen to go back to Spurs, he feels like he has unfinished business there.”

The journalist then talks about potential interest in City manager Rodgers, who himself is currently under some pressure. City currently sit in 15th place in the Premier League table, two points above the relegation zone ahead of the weekend’s clash against Chelsea.

“The other name that has been mentioned to me is Brendan Rodgers, Tottenham are also admirers of Brendan Rodgers. They feel that his brand of football will go down well.”

It’s not the first time that Rodgers has been linked with a move to Tottenham, with some suggestions that he was on the list of potential targets around the time that Nuno Espirito Santo was appointed.

The City boss revealed back in October that he had turned down two different opportunities to leave the club since joining back in February 2019. He also spoke about Tottenham’s interest when the speculation over his future arose.

“My only focus is here with Leicester,” he said . “Every job that comes up, there will always be different managers speculated to go in.

“I have always said I absolutely love it here. Tottenham is a fantastic club, it’s one of the big clubs in this country, it’s a huge club. My focus is purely here.”

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/rodgers-tells-leicester-man-stay-away-from-squad-strange-treatment-vestergaard

So Vesty was not a panick buy. He was one scouted personally by Rodgers. Wasted 14m plus his 80k a week wages. No wonder Rodgers didn’t want him to talk as it would blow his thin cover. 

He watched Vestergaard closely for a year and half and still signed him. Wasted £14m + wages on him. We can't trust this guy to rebuild this team.

“While I was at Southampton, I had contact with him a year and a half before I switched, where he called me and we had personal talks, and where he really convinced me that I should switch to Leicester"

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

He watched Vestergaard closely for a year and half and still signed him. Wasted £14m + wages on him. We can't trust this guy to rebuild this team.

“While I was at Southampton, I had contact with him a year and a half before I switched, where he called me and we had personal talks, and where he really convinced me that I should switch to Leicester"

This has clearly changed in recent times though, thank goodness.

31 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Vasterguard is not great we all know it, but to be frozen out, having been chased by Rodgers, with no explanation is appaling. 

Off course it could be the reason he has been frozen out is he didn't take the moves that were apparently offered, it still doesn't excuse the lack of communication, and explains why a few on here think he has done the same to a few others, hardly the actions of a good man manager.

There’s no explanation needed, he came here and was a very poor player. I really can’t believe Vestergaard can be that surprised by anything. He’s been more than happy to collect a paycheck each week and now he’s been doing interviews to try to make the world think he’s a better player than he is. Do we really think a better man manager is going to somehow turn Vestergaard into prime Vidic? How could anyone believe that guy keeps getting told he’ll be an important player for us?

There’s a lot to be unhappy about from Rodgers but he’s finally done what he’s needed to do here and symbolically cut some of our losses from this signing. 

Just now, The_77 said:

There’s no explanation needed, he came here and was a very poor player. I really can’t believe Vestergaard can be that surprised by anything. He’s been more than happy to collect a paycheck each week and now he’s been doing interviews to try to make the world think he’s a better player than he is. Do we really think a better man manager is going to somehow turn Vestergaard into prime Vidic? How could anyone believe that guy keeps getting told he’ll be an important player for us?

There’s a lot to be unhappy about from Rodgers but he’s finally done what he’s needed to do here and symbolically cut some of our losses from this signing. 

I agree he shouldn't have come and is not what we need and should have gone when the opportunity presented, but if he was cast aside with no explanation it's not great treatment regardless 

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

So you deserve a gold medal in missing the point for that post. An OBE for services to missing the point.

No-one thinks Vestergaard deserves a place in our squad NOW! But Brendan reached that judgement within six weeks of him signing. And here’s the point - that was despite us being desperate for centre back reinforcements at the time and despite Brendan pursuing him for 18 months to sign. 

We spent the best part of two thirds of a season - haemorrhaging points through bad defending and the whole football world blaming our injuries. Sat on the bench throughout this dismal period  - a newly signed, EPL experienced and international centre half. 

It’s a catastrophic signing for the club and for the player. And who initiated the move? Brendan. Who was head of recruitment? Congerton. 

• Like 1

If Rodgers ever leaves, would a move to Tottenham be a 'step-up'?

Strongly doubt it to be honest, despite their European pedigree; feel like Tottenham have been a work in progress for many seasons; they build themselves up, but then fail and fall a bit when towards the top.

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Strongly doubt it to be honest, despite their European pedigree; feel like Tottenham have been a work in progress for many seasons; they build themselves up, but then fail and fall a bit when towards the top.

Saldy yes, we had  a chance to be a top 6 or 7 team and blew It

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

They're not going to be in the Championship next season though.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Tottenham is a massive step up. 

• Like 1