Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They were nowhere near the relegation zone. They were about 3 points off 7th, not that it makes it any better.

Same with the West Ham games you've picked. They've been a really good side over the last two/three years, I wouldn't consider losing to them as a calamity defeat. 

The Norwich games in 19/20 were much worse. Both of them. 

God, I wish I didn’t ask now as I had somehow managed to repress those Norwich games from my memory!

I think what this shows, if anything, is that people could have a legitimate debate about the ordering of some truly crap performances, many of which helped to derail us in either the league or a cup. There have been far too many such that it is now the norm.

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

So apparently he said in his presser today that Leicester are a Mini and Chelsea are a ferrari. 

Not seen it myself but if its true then his Leicester bashing goes on at a cracking pace. 

"It’s like a Ferrari and a Mini in a race. It’s tough on the Mini."

lol

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

So apparently he said in his presser today that Leicester are a Mini and Chelsea are a ferrari. 

Not seen it myself but if its true then his Leicester bashing goes on at a cracking pace. 

Just love the way he builds the players up, I bet they are so confident before games with full belief they can win 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Oh crikey that's depressing!

In particular we have a woeful recent record vs West Ham, Southampton, Everton and Fulham - teams that you'd expect us to beat on a regular basis. West Ham in particular must see us as an easy 3 points, depressing stuff.

Our record at West Ham is very good tbf

Only lost 3 times since promotion.

Everton on the other hand is awful, think we’ve only won at goodison twice

3 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tottenham-admire-brendan-rodgers-antonio-8235121

Tottenham ‘admire’ Brendan Rodgers as Antonio Conte decision made
The latest Leicester City news as Tottenham are said to be eyeing the City boss amid uncertainty over the future of Antonio Conte following the club's Champions League exit.

ByAmie WilsonMidlands football writer
17:20, 9 MAR 2023

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has been mentioned as a potential replacement for Antonio Conte at Tottenham Hotspur, as speculation over the Italian manager’s future in North London grows.

Conte is out of contract with Tottenham in the summer, with the manager being coy on his future at the club. Spurs’ exit at the Champions League round of 16 stage at the hands of AC Milan on Wednesday night only increased the talk over the manager’s future.

It was the side’s third disappointment in the last week, following the FA Cup exit against Sheffield United and the Premier League loss against Wolves last weekend. Spurs are back in action on Saturday when they take on Nottingham Forest at home.

While Conte is expected to be on the touchline for that game, doubts over his long-term future remain. Speaking on talkSPORT’s breakfast show on Thursday, journalist Alex Crook gave the latest, with former manager Mauricio Pochettino one of the early favourites to take over from Conte should he leave.

“I think both parties know that his contract isn’t going to be renewed,” Crook said. “The question for Tottenham and for Daniel Levy now is do they bring that decision forward maybe to try and save the season in terms of Champions League qualification?

“Maurico Pochettino, I’ve been told by more than one source, is really keen to go back to Spurs, he feels like he has unfinished business there.”

The journalist then talks about potential interest in City manager Rodgers, who himself is currently under some pressure. City currently sit in 15th place in the Premier League table, two points above the relegation zone ahead of the weekend’s clash against Chelsea.

“The other name that has been mentioned to me is Brendan Rodgers, Tottenham are also admirers of Brendan Rodgers. They feel that his brand of football will go down well.”

It’s not the first time that Rodgers has been linked with a move to Tottenham, with some suggestions that he was on the list of potential targets around the time that Nuno Espirito Santo was appointed.

The City boss revealed back in October that he had turned down two different opportunities to leave the club since joining back in February 2019. He also spoke about Tottenham’s interest when the speculation over his future arose.

“My only focus is here with Leicester,” he said . “Every job that comes up, there will always be different managers speculated to go in.

“I have always said I absolutely love it here. Tottenham is a fantastic club, it’s one of the big clubs in this country, it’s a huge club. My focus is purely here.”

He really said that? That's hilarious! 🤣

22 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Let’s swap Rodgers for Conte. Rodgers may give up his contract here without compensation. Suits everyone.

Lol, if you think we're stale right now, wait til Conte gets his hands on our squad. The man subbed their winger for another CB while chasing a goal in the 80th minute vs Milan yesterday

Edited by LFox99

Nothing would bring me greater pleasure than to see him do a Spurs being Spursy every season until they sack him.

What is it about the fraud that makes him invisible to certain people? He could march up and down the touchline, small steps natch, doing his little handclaps completely in the nip and still people would commend him on his fine choice of suits and ties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1