Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Let’s swap Rodgers for Conte. Rodgers may give up his contract here without compensation. Suits everyone.

lol. I couldn't imagine a club and manager less suited to each other than Leicester and Conte! One window bringing in an unknown Danish defender and a Championship center back and he will look like the grumpiest f****r on the planet. 

Love the thought of Rodgers at Spurs as he can carry on the 'not being backed' story. I reckon he could have them at 3rd all next season and then bottle it but still get 4th. Achieve the same as they have for the last few season but Rodgers get hailed a hero. Then mid table beckons the year after. Also, Rodgers record is sh!te in Europe so he just carries on the current Spurs formula.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Nothing would bring me greater pleasure than to see him do a Spurs being Spursy every season until they sack him.

What is it about the fraud that makes him invisible to certain people? He could march up and down the touchline, small steps natch, doing his little handclaps completely in the nip and still people would commend him on his fine choice of suits and ties.

look, no manager scribbles in a notepad and claps as well as he does, we're lucky to have him

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-targeting-one-biggest-8235750

Brendan Rodgers targeting 'one of my biggest achievements' with Leicester City this season
The Leicester City manager gives his thoughts on the Premier League relegation battle and his own future at the King Power Stadium ahead of a clash against Chelsea

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 10 MAR 2023

Guiding Leicester City to Premier League survival will be “one of my biggest achievements”, manager Brendan Rodgers has declared as his side look to avoid slipping into the relegation zone this weekend.

In his 15 years as a manager, Rodgers has won back-to-back trebles with Celtic, led City to their first-ever FA Cup trophy, and lifted Swansea up from the Championship and into mid-table in the Premier League. But the nature of this City campaign means he would rank survival among his career highs.

A run of three straight defeats in the Premier League, the most recent coming at relegation rivals Southampton, has seen City dragged deeper towards the bottom, and they now sit just two points above the drop zone ahead of this Saturday’s clash with Chelsea.

It’s only the second-ever relegation battle that Rodgers has been in, and he was successful in his first, with Watford in the Championship. He believes he will get the job done with City too.

“From the first day (at Watford) I never thought about getting relegated," he said. "I could see that the players’ confidence was affected, but gradually we chipped away and by the end of the season we were comfortable in mid-table.

“It’s always better off at the top, that’s for sure. It’s a great challenge and it could end up, this season, being one of my biggest achievements, because of everything that has gone on invisibly, that you wouldn’t know of or haven’t seen from the summer. To be able to finish well, it could end up being that.

“There’s a recognition we’re in a position nobody wants to be in. However, I have enough confidence and faith in the team and the squad that we have the qualities to come through that.

“We do our talking on the pitch. We all know we need to win. That’s something I’ve seen in the players, I’ve seen that focus.”

A run of losses has seen Rodgers come under external pressure again, with sections of the fanbase chanting for him to be sacked at St Mary’s last weekend. He has no intentions of leaving City.

“(I’ll stay) as long as the club wants me, that’s always the situation as a manager. You always fight to stay in the position.

“I do my very best. I’m comfortable with that. I work hard every day. I give my players everything that I possibly can with the staff.

“We’ve been here four memorable years and it’s been a challenge this season. But we’ve always been about togetherness on and off the pitch. When we have that, we can produce some great performances and results.”

what a bell

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

Absolutely laughable this squad should be sat comfortably in the top 8 not fighting relegation 

I think that’s a bit extreme tbh, we’ve only got a couple couple of top 8 players and were/are playing championship level players regularly still e.g. Ward, Thomas, Amartey.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-targeting-one-biggest-8235750

Brendan Rodgers targeting 'one of my biggest achievements' with Leicester City this season
The Leicester City manager gives his thoughts on the Premier League relegation battle and his own future at the King Power Stadium ahead of a clash against Chelsea

ByJordan Blackwell

Guiding Leicester City to Premier League survival will be “one of my biggest achievements”, manager Brendan Rodgers has declared as his side look to avoid slipping into the relegation zone this weekend.

In his 15 years as a manager, Rodgers has won back-to-back trebles with Celtic, led City to their first-ever FA Cup trophy, and lifted Swansea up from the Championship and into mid-table in the Premier League. But the nature of this City campaign means he would rank survival among his career highs.

A run of three straight defeats in the Premier League, the most recent coming at relegation rivals Southampton, has seen City dragged deeper towards the bottom, and they now sit just two points above the drop zone ahead of this Saturday’s clash with Chelsea.

It’s only the second-ever relegation battle that Rodgers has been in, and he was successful in his first, with Watford in the Championship. He believes he will get the job done with City too.

“From the first day (at Watford) I never thought about getting relegated," he said. "I could see that the players’ confidence was affected, but gradually we chipped away and by the end of the season we were comfortable in mid-table.

“It’s always better off at the top, that’s for sure. It’s a great challenge and it could end up, this season, being one of my biggest achievements, because of everything that has gone on invisibly, that you wouldn’t know of or haven’t seen from the summer. To be able to finish well, it could end up being that.

“There’s a recognition we’re in a position nobody wants to be in. However, I have enough confidence and faith in the team and the squad that we have the qualities to come through that.

“We do our talking on the pitch. We all know we need to win. That’s something I’ve seen in the players, I’ve seen that focus.”

A run of losses has seen Rodgers come under external pressure again, with sections of the fanbase chanting for him to be sacked at St Mary’s last weekend. He has no intentions of leaving City.

“(I’ll stay) as long as the club wants me, that’s always the situation as a manager. You always fight to stay in the position.

“I do my very best. I’m comfortable with that. I work hard every day. I give my players everything that I possibly can with the staff.

“We’ve been here four memorable years and it’s been a challenge this season. But we’ve always been about togetherness on and off the pitch. When we have that, we can produce some great performances and results.”

Would love to see the table of totals for the Premier League if you multiplied manager annual wage with squad annual wage. I'd be very surprised if we weren't in top 8. 

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

ByJordan Blackwell

He even tries to turn his shite performance as a manager into a major achievement, unbelievable! Does he actually really believe his own drivel, I tend to think he really does. If something goes wrong, it has to be somebody else's fault.

However, there are large sections of the media and some of our own fans that will swallow such self promoting nonsense. What a diminuative Teflon tit he is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I think that’s a bit extreme tbh, we’ve only got a couple couple of top 8 players and were/are playing championship level players regularly still e.g. Ward, Thomas, Amartey.

But we didn't have to play them, that's the point, there were alternatives to try in some cases. Iverson and Soyuncu spring to mind. How long before he played Mendy, Iheanacho or even Albrighton who all added something positive when tried.

• Like 1

I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt because I thought it was going to be a bit of media sensationalism. But is he taking the f***ing pi$$? How many times are we going to let him paint the club in a negative light? I would understand if he was the manager of a newly promoted club who hadn’t particularly spent well. And again to suggest there’s invisible issues that he’s having to battle so hard against is just another attempt to escape criticism from a wider audience. I’ve hammered people for the personal abuse they have given him, but it’s becoming very clear he’s not only failing massively as our manager but is also a grade A bell.

• Like 4

That's laughable - trying to shift the narrative to make out that failure is somehow a real success. Unbelievable.

What do we get next season? "Getting myself out of bed to manage Leicester City is my biggest achievement yet"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

Maybe but look at teams like Newcastle, Fulham and Brentford. All 3 of them have got players you would say aren’t premier league standard, but look where they are in the league. Difference is they all have better managers than us. 

...and have a 'team' as apposed to a group of players.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

That's laughable - trying to shift the narrative to make out that failure is somehow a real success. Unbelievable.

What do we get next season? "Getting myself out of bed to manage Leicester City is my biggest achievement yet"

Absolutely, Brent Rodgers strikes again. We're not worthy. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

Rodgers going to Tottenham, would be like Spurs automatically gifting wrapping a a trophy for us. Conte is a decent manager and would be daft to replace him with Brendan. It would certainly come back to bite them on the bum, I can see two years down the line Conte ending up at say Newcastle and more likely ending up winning a cup there before Spuds.

Edited by Leicesterpool