Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-targeting-one-biggest-8235750

Brendan Rodgers targeting 'one of my biggest achievements' with Leicester City this season
The Leicester City manager gives his thoughts on the Premier League relegation battle and his own future at the King Power Stadium ahead of a clash against Chelsea

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 10 MAR 2023

Guiding Leicester City to Premier League survival will be “one of my biggest achievements”, manager Brendan Rodgers has declared as his side look to avoid slipping into the relegation zone this weekend.

In his 15 years as a manager, Rodgers has won back-to-back trebles with Celtic, led City to their first-ever FA Cup trophy, and lifted Swansea up from the Championship and into mid-table in the Premier League. But the nature of this City campaign means he would rank survival among his career highs.

A run of three straight defeats in the Premier League, the most recent coming at relegation rivals Southampton, has seen City dragged deeper towards the bottom, and they now sit just two points above the drop zone ahead of this Saturday’s clash with Chelsea.

It’s only the second-ever relegation battle that Rodgers has been in, and he was successful in his first, with Watford in the Championship. He believes he will get the job done with City too.

“From the first day (at Watford) I never thought about getting relegated," he said. "I could see that the players’ confidence was affected, but gradually we chipped away and by the end of the season we were comfortable in mid-table.

“It’s always better off at the top, that’s for sure. It’s a great challenge and it could end up, this season, being one of my biggest achievements, because of everything that has gone on invisibly, that you wouldn’t know of or haven’t seen from the summer. To be able to finish well, it could end up being that.

“There’s a recognition we’re in a position nobody wants to be in. However, I have enough confidence and faith in the team and the squad that we have the qualities to come through that.

“We do our talking on the pitch. We all know we need to win. That’s something I’ve seen in the players, I’ve seen that focus.”

A run of losses has seen Rodgers come under external pressure again, with sections of the fanbase chanting for him to be sacked at St Mary’s last weekend. He has no intentions of leaving City.

“(I’ll stay) as long as the club wants me, that’s always the situation as a manager. You always fight to stay in the position.

“I do my very best. I’m comfortable with that. I work hard every day. I give my players everything that I possibly can with the staff.

“We’ve been here four memorable years and it’s been a challenge this season. But we’ve always been about togetherness on and off the pitch. When we have that, we can produce some great performances and results.”

This is the biggest load of guff he’s come out with since he’s been here, and that is a damn high bar to beat. I don’t even know where to start with this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-targeting-one-biggest-8235750

Brendan Rodgers targeting 'one of my biggest achievements' with Leicester City this season
The Leicester City manager gives his thoughts on the Premier League relegation battle and his own future at the King Power Stadium ahead of a clash against Chelsea

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 10 MAR 2023

Guiding Leicester City to Premier League survival will be “one of my biggest achievements”, manager Brendan Rodgers has declared as his side look to avoid slipping into the relegation zone this weekend.

In his 15 years as a manager, Rodgers has won back-to-back trebles with Celtic, led City to their first-ever FA Cup trophy, and lifted Swansea up from the Championship and into mid-table in the Premier League. But the nature of this City campaign means he would rank survival among his career highs.

A run of three straight defeats in the Premier League, the most recent coming at relegation rivals Southampton, has seen City dragged deeper towards the bottom, and they now sit just two points above the drop zone ahead of this Saturday’s clash with Chelsea.

It’s only the second-ever relegation battle that Rodgers has been in, and he was successful in his first, with Watford in the Championship. He believes he will get the job done with City too.

“From the first day (at Watford) I never thought about getting relegated," he said. "I could see that the players’ confidence was affected, but gradually we chipped away and by the end of the season we were comfortable in mid-table.

“It’s always better off at the top, that’s for sure. It’s a great challenge and it could end up, this season, being one of my biggest achievements, because of everything that has gone on invisibly, that you wouldn’t know of or haven’t seen from the summer. To be able to finish well, it could end up being that.

“There’s a recognition we’re in a position nobody wants to be in. However, I have enough confidence and faith in the team and the squad that we have the qualities to come through that.

“We do our talking on the pitch. We all know we need to win. That’s something I’ve seen in the players, I’ve seen that focus.”

A run of losses has seen Rodgers come under external pressure again, with sections of the fanbase chanting for him to be sacked at St Mary’s last weekend. He has no intentions of leaving City.

“(I’ll stay) as long as the club wants me, that’s always the situation as a manager. You always fight to stay in the position.

“I do my very best. I’m comfortable with that. I work hard every day. I give my players everything that I possibly can with the staff.

“We’ve been here four memorable years and it’s been a challenge this season. But we’ve always been about togetherness on and off the pitch. When we have that, we can produce some great performances and results.”

This is great satire 

I mentioned to my Spurs mate yesterday that they should have Rodgers as a joke and he seemed absolutely horrified by the prospect. Had no idea there was genuine speculation. Good lord. :fishing:

• Haha 1

If we do manage to stay up and Brendan and his players decide to "celebrate" around the pitch - please could everyone tell them to **** off. 

Bunch of over paid under achievers. I dont care that once upon a time we had Arnar Gunglaugson as our record signing. For this time now, with the money we have invested in this lot and being where we are is a huge underachievement. A waste of a season and potentially a risk to the hard work that has gone on before. 

Brendan saying it will be his biggest achievement is further evidence of his self protection and failure of his role.  Stay up and get rid of as many of them as possible, starting with the manager. 

• Like 2

I genuinely think he doesn’t want to be here anymore but Top doesn’t want to sack him. So we are in a catch two situation until one party either walks or gets sacked but either way the longer he stays the worse it will get. I just wish this nightmare would end soon.

Top: We want to consistently challenge for Europe and while developing young talent from home and abroad to be self-sustaining.

Rodgers: Actually, believe me, I'm the pro. This club will be lucky to survive in this league. I'm willing to try and help you out though as you're a beautiful human being and I respect you.

Top: Oh wow, I'll let Jon know. Thanks for the honesty and sticking with us.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Just when you think he couldn’t kick the club, players, owners and supporters anymore than he already has, he then manages to stoop to a new level. Comparing us to a Mini and Chelsea to a Ferrari was negative enough but to declare saving us from relegation would be amongst his greatest achievements is an absolute piss take. I cannot begin to describe the anger and hate I am starting to feel against this man. 

His disrespect for the club is at levels I have never seen from an LCFC manager in my time and despite leading us to an FA Cup win, the damage, negativity and toxicity he is causing within the club is making me consider him to be on a par with managers such as Pleat, Taylor and Holloway who presided over some of our darkest times as a club. 

Regardless of this weekend’s result enough is enough get him out of our club. 

The total opposite of the mindset that won us the league.

Got to do a 'we want Rodgers out' chant tomorrow. This has all got to change. Vesty gets sidelined (probably the right thing to do) for speaking unfavorably about Rodgers yet week in and week out he is bad mouthing the club. He's been allowed to step out of line far too much this season and he is blatantly working to his own rules. Rudkin and co are clearly wet blankets anyway but Rodgers favourable relationship with top means its impossible for them to manage him.

Or how about

Rodgers, he likes to hold the ball

Rodgers, he thinks he's very tall

Rodgers, thinks he is special

But he's been a Fraud, since he was small

Edited by Chelmofox

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Got to do a 'we want Rodgers out' chant tomorrow. This has all got to change. Vesty gets sidelined (probably the right thing to do) for speaking unfavorably about Rodgers yet week in and week out he is bad mouthing the club. He's been allowed to step out of line far too much this season and he is blatantly working to his own rules. Rudkin and co are clearly wet blankets anyway but Rodgers favourable relationship 

Or how about

Rodgers, he likes to hold the ball

Rodgers, he thinks he's very tall

Rodgers, thinks he is special

But he's been a Fraud, since he was small

When you say Rodgers is 'bad mouthing the club' week in and week out, can you cite any specific examples? I'm not a particular fan of Rodgers, but this accusation always puzzles me as I can find little evidence for it.

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

When you say Rodgers is 'bad mouthing the club' week in and week out, can you cite any specific examples? I'm not a particular fan of Rodgers, but this accusation always puzzles me as I can find little evidence for it.

Is this a parody account or is this Brendan’s agent? 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If we do manage to stay up and Brendan and his players decide to "celebrate" around the pitch - please could everyone tell them to **** off. 

Bunch of over paid under achievers. I dont care that once upon a time we had Arnar Gunglaugson as our record signing. For this time now, with the money we have invested in this lot and being where we are is a huge underachievement. A waste of a season and potentially a risk to the hard work that has gone on before. 

Brendan saying it will be his biggest achievement is further evidence of his self protection and failure of his role.  Stay up and get rid of as many of them as possible, starting with the manager. 

I believe the ownership were quite annoyed and felt disrespected by the fans when the players and Puel did a walk round the pitch at the end the season to a half empty stadium a few years back.

They're in for a shock come the end of this season.

Edited by Matt

54 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Don’t even think Holloway deserves to be compared with him.

Holloway took over a ship already mostly submerged. He was a poor manager and acted like a clown but he was never negative, toxic or disrespectful about the club.

Holloway was. Said something along the lines of "there worse things in life" when questioned about our first ever relegation to the third tier.

I don't want an FA Cup winning manager compared to a manager who oversaw our relegation to League 1, regardless of if we actually go down this season or not.

And it is a pretty pathetic thing of Rodgers to say too.

Edited by Fox92

Once again trying to spin the media into thinking he’s not to blame and we can’t see what ‘invisibly’ happened behind the scenes, which has made it so hard.

The guy is an absolute pr*ck. I honestly think he’s the most up his own arse manager in the world. 

STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOU’RE BAD MANAGEMENT AND POOR QUALITY SIGNINGS

• Like 1