Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I really just want a manager who is straight-talking, doesn't try telling us that down is up and up is down and actually wants to be our manager. I'm actually starting to care less and less whether they are a good manager or not. This constant spin and self-preservation is exhausting. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

When you say Rodgers is 'bad mouthing the club' week in and week out, can you cite any specific examples? I'm not a particular fan of Rodgers, but this accusation always puzzles me as I can find little evidence for it.

You haven’t listened then  - especially earlier in the season 

I thought we’d moved on from the brand brendan stuff but this interview is astonishing - I could understand if he was doing something a bit strange in the press to take the pressure off the players but this is classic mourinho stuff …..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I really just want a manager who is straight-talking, doesn't try telling us that down is up and up is down and actually wants to be our manager. I'm actually starting to care less and less whether they are a good manager or not. This constant spin and self-preservation is exhausting. 

That's a lot of words for "Get Pearson back" my friend!

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Don’t even think Holloway deserves to be compared with him.

Holloway took over a ship already mostly submerged. He was a poor manager and acted like a clown but he was never negative, toxic or disrespectful about the club.

He also had a borderline crook and lunatic breathing down his neck not the indulgent benign regime BR enjoys ( still crap though;))

It upsets me that I've grown to loathe Rodgers after what was a successful first two and a half years in charge. However, the damage he has done and the way that he has conducted himself since has been appalling. I just want him gone. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You haven’t listened then  - especially earlier in the season 

I thought we’d moved on from the brand brendan stuff but this interview is astonishing - I could understand if he was doing something a bit strange in the press to take the pressure off the players but this is classic mourinho stuff …..

Yet again, people fail to respond with any evidence and just continue the pitchfork waving. He needs to go as his time is clearly up, his cycle ended 2 years ago,  but this childish “blame him for everything” is a bit pathetic, don’t you think? Just because someone thinks they think he is being negative, thinks he is being rude, think he is running th club down, does not automatically follow it is true or was the intent.

Maybe it’s just a mirror on the general discontent in society presently. :dunno:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yet again, people fail to respond with any evidence and just continue the pitchfork waving. He needs to go as his time is clearly up, his cycle ended 2 years ago,  but this childish “blame him for everything” is a bit pathetic, don’t you think? Just because someone thinks they think he is being negative, thinks he is being rude, think he is running th club down, does not automatically follow it is true or was the intent.

Maybe it’s just a mirror on the general discontent in society presently. :dunno:

I don’t agree that he should have gone two years ago 

last season showed that his cycle was done and the fact the club knew that they couldn’t /weren’t prepared to spend in the summer window should have meant we parted last summer 

I listen to every post match interview and his demeanour and comments have been pretty obvious to me - I wasn’t Brendan out until the early part of this season when I heard all those post match comments ….. maybe I just misunderstood him …….  And when we started to win a few games it made no difference to my view on him - he burned his bridges imo 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Spurs won't go after him. I really doubt his standing in the football world is quite what the media seems to think it is

I don't think that's true, I genuinely believe the media and overall football population are of the opinion he is vastly over-achieving at Leicester.. and if given an opportunity at a "bigger club" with more funds, he would walk the league. 

Personally, I wouldn't stand in his way haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Got to do a 'we want Rodgers out' chant tomorrow. This has all got to change. Vesty gets sidelined (probably the right thing to do) for speaking unfavorably about Rodgers yet week in and week out he is bad mouthing the club. He's been allowed to step out of line far too much this season and he is blatantly working to his own rules. Rudkin and co are clearly wet blankets anyway but Rodgers favourable relationship with top means its impossible for them to manage him.

Or how about

Rodgers, he likes to hold the ball

Rodgers, he thinks he's very tall

Rodgers, thinks he is special

But he's been a Fraud, since he was small

I think getting "Rodgers out" going should convey the point nicely... no need to over complicate things

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t agree that he should have gone two years ago 

last season showed that his cycle was done and the fact the club knew that they couldn’t /weren’t prepared to spend in the summer window should have meant we parted last summer 

I listen to every post match interview and his demeanour and comments have been pretty obvious to me - I wasn’t Brendan out until the early part of this season when I heard all those post match comments ….. maybe I just misunderstood him …….  And when we started to win a few games it made no difference to my view on him - he burned his bridges imo 

Fair enough, we were starting to look a bit meh leading up to the FA Cup too me, but felt he should has had a chance to right the ship, despite his historical shortcomings.

However, I admit I don`t get upset by his public utterings like some, and accept thats probably just a personal thing. Does feel a bit like a witch hunt mind.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Let’s swap Rodgers for Conte. Rodgers may give up his contract here without compensation. Suits everyone.

...Conte seems to be forever agitating his way out of contracts!!!

He never seem happy where he is, winning the league with Chelsea should have been his moment to dominate, but he was making noise the next season looking to go out the door. No longevity with him.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Holloway was. Said something along the lines of "there worse things in life" when questioned about our first ever relegation to the third tier.

I don't want an FA Cup winning manager compared to a manager who oversaw our relegation to League 1, regardless of if we actually go down this season or not.

And it is a pretty pathetic thing of Rodgers to say too.

And he’d be right. 

To be fair I was only like, 14 or something then and can’t really remember that as such. But yeah if comparing with life in general to football, of course life is more important.

I wouldn’t say that quote from Holloway is disrespectful the club though albeit yes, it would be sure to piss fans off as it shows a bit of a lack of connection to what supporters would be feeling if anything.

Generally I thought he was a very inoffensive figure and don’t hold him responsible for the relegation, it was in the making from Allen and Megson before him.

You have to respect it at this point, an absolute masterclass in expectation lowering. Before the season the target for a squad who'd just finished 8th was 40 points and now that we look unlikely to manage even that, it'll be one of his greatest achievements if he merely keeps us up. He can also basically say whatever he likes about behind the scenes stuff because there's no danger whatsoever of it being challenged, either internally or externally. I used to think it was a virtue that we were pretty leakproof as a club but now I'd love someone, anyone with any credibility to give some sort of insight as to what's going on. The only time we ever hear from John Percy now is when us proles are getting restless and need reminding of how grateful we should be for The Rodgers Formula.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BeautifulHB said:

Are we already at the stage where we wouldn't mind getting gubbed if that meant a ticket for Rodgers?

Doesn't work sadly. We have to endure the constant humiliation of his performances whilst somehow knowing we won't sack him. It's a nightmare.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

And he’d be right. 

To be fair I was only like, 14 or something then and can’t really remember that as such. But yeah if comparing with life in general to football, of course life is more important.

I wouldn’t say that quote from Holloway is disrespectful the club though albeit yes, it would be sure to piss fans off as it shows a bit of a lack of connection to what supporters would be feeling if anything.

Generally I thought he was a very inoffensive figure and don’t hold him responsible for the relegation, it was in the making from Allen and Megson before him.

...Holloway never really prepared for games, just went around saying "....stop being negative, we are not going down.."!!!

The only game he prepared for was the last game (Stoke I believe it was) where you could see he had a plan and had picked a team and formation away from the usual team and formation that he had inherited.

Little attention was given to games and I  feel he believed his ebullient self would be enough to galvanise the team to success.

The thing is, we were too big a club for him, even though we were struggling in the middle of the second tier. He was so happy to be here, like a child at Christmas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Would love to see the table of totals for the Premier League if you multiplied manager annual wage with squad annual wage. I'd be very surprised if we weren't in top 8. 

Agreed, but that would just show how much he has wasted. 

The real issue is that this team (well squad, some of the "team"...) should certainly be higher. 

It's hardly the ****ing great escape Brendan 

My ex is a social worker. They get taught to trust their instinct which picks up when something doesn’t feel right. I trust my instinct when it tells me Rodgers is all kinds of wrong even though he speaks elegantly and comes across as rational. 

• Like 2

I cant wait for another 4 game on the bounce win in the coming weeks and how stupid you doom and gloomers will look once again, and all il read is, ' ohyeah he aint had a good season but hes done ok overall' and then the conversation will move onto hopeful european spots and hyping next seasons PL trophy push and thinking about becoming the new invincibles under BR, and then finally the same old WEERREEE MASSSIVEEEE spams in the threads. and pretend this sort of bashing never existed. All this rollercoaster to look forward to at foxestalk, cant wait to go through that again and again.

#supportyourteam #whenitsbad #notwhenitsconvenient #weak

RODGERS IN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rodgers going to Tottenham, would be like Spurs automatically gifting wrapping a a trophy for us. Conte is a decent manager and would be daft to replace him with Brendan. It would certainly come back to bite them on the bum, I can see two years down the line Conte ending up at say Newcastle and more likely ending up winning a cup there before Spuds.

As long as they sacked the twat after the initial improvement it could be great. Just like it could have been great here.