Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I cant wait for another 4 game on the bounce win in the coming weeks and how stupid you doom and gloomers will look once again, and all il read is, ' ohyeah he aint had a good season but hes done ok overall' and then the conversation will move onto hopeful european spots and hyping next seasons PL trophy push and thinking about becoming the new invincibles under BR, and then finally the same old WEERREEE MASSSIVEEEE spams in the threads. and pretend this sort of bashing never existed. All this rollercoaster to look forward to at foxestalk, cant wait to go through that again and again.

#supportyourteam #whenitsbad #notwhenitsconvenient #weak

RODGERS IN

I’d be ecstatic - but it wouldn’t change my opinion that he needs to exit stage left in the summer (because it seems we won’t sack him before then) 

I have nothing personal against him - he’s a human being with a family just like the majority of people on here. If he leaves with his reputation intact it doesn’t bother me - as long as we are still a PL side 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

Interview with Kasper.  I've nicked it from the Kasper thread so go there for the whole thing.

"Brendan’s incredible. I’ve never seen in person a coach that good. Clarity was the key in his messaging and how he wanted things. They’re in a transitional period at the moment, but Leicester are such a well-run club, such a well-coached team."

Just now, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Interview with Kasper.  I've nicked it from the Kasper thread so go there for the whole thing.

"Brendan’s incredible. I’ve never seen in person a coach that good. Clarity was the key in his messaging and how he wanted things. They’re in a transitional period at the moment, but Leicester are such a well-run club, such a well-coached team."

:brendan_still:

40 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I don't think that's true, I genuinely believe the media and overall football population are of the opinion he is vastly over-achieving at Leicester.. and if given an opportunity at a "bigger club" with more funds, he would walk the league. 

Personally, I wouldn't stand in his way haha.

Maybe. But he doesn't seem highly thought of among football supporters at least. 

26 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I cant wait for another 4 game on the bounce win in the coming weeks and how stupid you doom and gloomers will look once again, and all il read is, ' ohyeah he aint had a good season but hes done ok overall' and then the conversation will move onto hopeful european spots and hyping next seasons PL trophy push and thinking about becoming the new invincibles under BR, and then finally the same old WEERREEE MASSSIVEEEE spams in the threads. and pretend this sort of bashing never existed. All this rollercoaster to look forward to at foxestalk, cant wait to go through that again and again.

RODGERS IN

This is parody, right?  It must be surely. I mean it’s good if it is because it isn’t based in a reality we might realistically find ourselves in. No way in hell we win 4 on the bounce. I doubt we win 4 more games all season. Must be parody. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’d be ecstatic - but it wouldn’t change my opinion that he needs to exit stage left in the summer (because it seems we won’t sack him before then) 

I have nothing personal against him - he’s a human being with a family just like the majority of people on here. If he leaves with his reputation intact it doesn’t bother me - as long as we are still a PL side 

Eh, I had you down as one of the "He's one of the Jewish lizard illuminatee" types. You learn something new every day.

I remember posting on page 1001 of this thread. And page 2001. Here's to you, page 3001.

Edited by Foxxed

Interesting to hear that on Talksport that Patrick Viera has 1 or 2 games to save his job the Palace board are unhappy with the prospect of being dragged into a relegation battle ! Cannot believe Rodgers keeps his job if you think what we we had here! 

Edited by Jono1604

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Eh, I had you down as one of the "He's one of the Jewish lizard illuminatee" types. You learn something new every day.

I remember posting on page 1001 of this thread. And page 2001. Here's to you, page 3001.

I don’t want us to be relegated 

I believe that this will happen with him at the helm 

that’s why I’d like him to be relieved of his position 

pretty confident that you won’t find any of my posts which are overtly insulting to him on a personal level 

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

This is parody, right?  It must be surely. I mean it’s good if it is because it isn’t based in a reality we might realistically find ourselves in. No way in hell we win 4 on the bounce. I doubt we win 4 more games all season. Must be parody. 

It could be a parody but isnt the situation itself a parody anyway. :ph34r:

Edited by Simoken

12 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Which is why this regression and under performance is even harder to tolerate. This is a bloke who's perceived to be an elite coach, and we are in free fall.

Fascinating, the credit that's in the bank and will be until its too late. Yet, he'll still get away with it whilst we're all left to pick up the pieces.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Maddison and Schemichel: He's a good manager.

Foxestalk randos: ACKSHULLEH....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Simoken said:

RODGERS IN

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Maddison and Schemichel: He's a good manager.

Foxestalk randos: ACKSHULLEH....

Is that Kasper "I watch all their games and from what I've seen Danny Ward is doing really well" Schmeichel? 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-targeting-one-biggest-8235750

Brendan Rodgers targeting 'one of my biggest achievements' with Leicester City this season
The Leicester City manager gives his thoughts on the Premier League relegation battle and his own future at the King Power Stadium ahead of a clash against Chelsea

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 10 MAR 2023

Guiding Leicester City to Premier League survival will be “one of my biggest achievements”, manager Brendan Rodgers has declared as his side look to avoid slipping into the relegation zone this weekend.

In his 15 years as a manager, Rodgers has won back-to-back trebles with Celtic, led City to their first-ever FA Cup trophy, and lifted Swansea up from the Championship and into mid-table in the Premier League. But the nature of this City campaign means he would rank survival among his career highs.

A run of three straight defeats in the Premier League, the most recent coming at relegation rivals Southampton, has seen City dragged deeper towards the bottom, and they now sit just two points above the drop zone ahead of this Saturday’s clash with Chelsea.

It’s only the second-ever relegation battle that Rodgers has been in, and he was successful in his first, with Watford in the Championship. He believes he will get the job done with City too.

“From the first day (at Watford) I never thought about getting relegated," he said. "I could see that the players’ confidence was affected, but gradually we chipped away and by the end of the season we were comfortable in mid-table.

“It’s always better off at the top, that’s for sure. It’s a great challenge and it could end up, this season, being one of my biggest achievements, because of everything that has gone on invisibly, that you wouldn’t know of or haven’t seen from the summer. To be able to finish well, it could end up being that.

“There’s a recognition we’re in a position nobody wants to be in. However, I have enough confidence and faith in the team and the squad that we have the qualities to come through that.

“We do our talking on the pitch. We all know we need to win. That’s something I’ve seen in the players, I’ve seen that focus.”

A run of losses has seen Rodgers come under external pressure again, with sections of the fanbase chanting for him to be sacked at St Mary’s last weekend. He has no intentions of leaving City.

“(I’ll stay) as long as the club wants me, that’s always the situation as a manager. You always fight to stay in the position.

“I do my very best. I’m comfortable with that. I work hard every day. I give my players everything that I possibly can with the staff.

“We’ve been here four memorable years and it’s been a challenge this season. But we’ve always been about togetherness on and off the pitch. When we have that, we can produce some great performances and results.”

This wouldn't be tolerated with any serious fanbase. It's an absolute joke at this point.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Simoken said:

RODGERS IN

Look, I like a beer like the rest of us, but for gods sake Simo, 1pm on a Friday is TOO EARLY TO START DRINKING!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This wouldn't be tolerated with any serious fanbase. It's an absolute joke at this point.

I disagree, it would be a massive achievement considering how shit inconsistent the players are, show up on occasion. COME ON BR! ssave us please.

:brendan:

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Look, I like a beer like the rest of us, but for gods sake Simo, 1pm on a Friday is TOO EARLY TO START DRINKING!!

i wish! im stuck in offlce drinking coffee, prob worse than alcohol tbf

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Isn’t that down one of the top paid managers in the league?

like what Kasper says, the club is in a 'transitional period' a majority of these players have eyes set on going elsewhere, (contracts being rundown) If your heart aint in a project, theres only so much you can do to motivate. im not going to blame BR cause hes got to work with complete dross so get rid and bring in new bloodand start again. Im fed up of bringing in a new manager as a temp fix to the real issue. inconsistent players looking for the door when a better offer comes in., you play for the badge or **** off

Edited by Simoken

Just now, Simoken said:

like what Kasper says, the club is in a 'transitional period' a majority of these players have eyes set on going elsewhere, (contracts being rundown) If your heart aint in a project, theres only so much you can do to motivate. im not going to blame BR cause hes got to work work complete dross so get rid and bring in new bloodand start again.

He's got work to complete to get rid of the dross, most of which he brought in himself 

• Like 3