Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Imagine him going to Spurs & winning them their 1st bit of silverware in years in his good couple of years

He could do that, but a year or two later you give him the boot. Never be sentimental with managers. The days of Busby and Nicholson are long gone. 

17 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Imagine him going to Spurs & winning them their 1st bit of silverware in years in his good couple of years

Personally don’t care, they can win 3 leagues titles in a row, just as long as we get our Leicester back!

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

i still dont think he had much arm length with brining players in, hes always said that the club is working hard behind the scenes, and hes only there to coach what he has, yes maybe a little direction on what he likes but ultimately thats not his job to recruit. The club hires a scout director that aligns with brendans style. He cant coach and scout players/recruit.

...that has not been his mantra!!!

It is only recently he has started to distance himself from acquiring players (there has got to be a reason why he is doing so).

Previously it was "...no player comes into this club without my approval". He has consistently stated that he was ringing up players to bring them in, now suddenly, you are saying that he does not have a hand in who comes in.

Rodgers has his own agenda, some people can see right through him, there is more than enough evidence to prove,  that player acquisition was something that he is heavily involved with, just you ask Vestergaard,  he has a story to tell.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If we do manage to stay up and Brendan and his players decide to "celebrate" around the pitch - please could everyone tell them to **** off. 

Bunch of over paid under achievers. I dont care that once upon a time we had Arnar Gunglaugson as our record signing. For this time now, with the money we have invested in this lot and being where we are is a huge underachievement. A waste of a season and potentially a risk to the hard work that has gone on before. 

Brendan saying it will be his biggest achievement is further evidence of his self protection and failure of his role.  Stay up and get rid of as many of them as possible, starting with the manager. 

Been thinking about this a lot - I think unless it's a scenario where we send Forest down on the final day (and that's entirely circumstantial) I'll seriously struggle to celebrate our survival. Not even close to comparable to what happened in 2015 by any measure.

I'll celebrate this bloke leaving far more than I will survival. If we get either that is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It upsets me that I've grown to loathe Rodgers after what was a successful first two and a half years in charge. However, the damage he has done and the way that he has conducted himself since has been appalling. I just want him gone. 

I'm not all that shocked it's come to this beyond the club actually allowing this laughable farce to continue. He showed some of his true colours during the first bottling of 2020. Don't think I've ever been able to take that out of the back of my mind but he was at it then playing the resources card. Shame nobody hit the resources card back at him when Slavia Prague and Legia Warsaw beat us.

He's not the only manager out to protect themselves, Conte has been at it this week as well, but at least you can tell that that's a relationship coming to an end. We've been at the relationship coming to an end phase for over a year. It's approaching Steve Bruce at Newcastle levels of nonsense at this point. Totally embarrassing from the club and in a pretty bleak self-fulfilling prophecy it almost vindicates half of the utter rubbish he spouts.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-targeting-one-biggest-8235750

Brendan Rodgers targeting 'one of my biggest achievements' with Leicester City this season
The Leicester City manager gives his thoughts on the Premier League relegation battle and his own future at the King Power Stadium ahead of a clash against Chelsea

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 10 MAR 2023

Guiding Leicester City to Premier League survival will be “one of my biggest achievements”, manager Brendan Rodgers has declared as his side look to avoid slipping into the relegation zone this weekend.

In his 15 years as a manager, Rodgers has won back-to-back trebles with Celtic, led City to their first-ever FA Cup trophy, and lifted Swansea up from the Championship and into mid-table in the Premier League. But the nature of this City campaign means he would rank survival among his career highs.

A run of three straight defeats in the Premier League, the most recent coming at relegation rivals Southampton, has seen City dragged deeper towards the bottom, and they now sit just two points above the drop zone ahead of this Saturday’s clash with Chelsea.

It’s only the second-ever relegation battle that Rodgers has been in, and he was successful in his first, with Watford in the Championship. He believes he will get the job done with City too.

“From the first day (at Watford) I never thought about getting relegated," he said. "I could see that the players’ confidence was affected, but gradually we chipped away and by the end of the season we were comfortable in mid-table.

“It’s always better off at the top, that’s for sure. It’s a great challenge and it could end up, this season, being one of my biggest achievements, because of everything that has gone on invisibly, that you wouldn’t know of or haven’t seen from the summer. To be able to finish well, it could end up being that.

“There’s a recognition we’re in a position nobody wants to be in. However, I have enough confidence and faith in the team and the squad that we have the qualities to come through that.

“We do our talking on the pitch. We all know we need to win. That’s something I’ve seen in the players, I’ve seen that focus.”

A run of losses has seen Rodgers come under external pressure again, with sections of the fanbase chanting for him to be sacked at St Mary’s last weekend. He has no intentions of leaving City.

“(I’ll stay) as long as the club wants me, that’s always the situation as a manager. You always fight to stay in the position.

“I do my very best. I’m comfortable with that. I work hard every day. I give my players everything that I possibly can with the staff.

“We’ve been here four memorable years and it’s been a challenge this season. But we’ve always been about togetherness on and off the pitch. When we have that, we can produce some great performances and results.”

how he's managed to get this side in a relegation battle is a pretty big acheivement in itself. well done sir brendan lol 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Best thing about this thread is that people are still getting trolled by @Simoken he's about as subtle as big Sam's dance moves in Marbella.

I suppose most think fellow supporter’s wouldn’t be so sad as to spend time trolling in threads of the team you support.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

I suppose most think fellow supporter’s wouldn’t be so sad as to spend time trolling in threads of the team you support.

Don't disagree mate.  

However, he's a repeat and prolific offender who has quite literally posted that he's a troll, probably on this thread, more than once.  

Don't feed the troll! 

I know we’ve all had a giggle at this latest episode of “Brendans corner of bollocks”, but this is a seriously worrying piece…. The guy is already rooting around in his bag of excuses for when the inevitable happens… you can already script the speech after we go down…

”I’m obviously very disappointed, however, we didn’t refresh in the summer and that led to my biggest challenge ever and I just hadn’t got the players to prevent the club from going down. I can’t fault the players hard work and determination, they’ve showed great character but ultimately it wasn’t to be which is a shame… the fans have caused the players a great deal of anxiety this season, especially poor big Dan who is now unable to pass a person in a corridor let alone a football, so that’s a shame, hopefully the free beer and cake will satisfy the fans, and we can get ready for a big local derby against Coventry next season….”

OPA “Brendan do you have a message for the fans before the summer?”

Brendan “Yes, I’ve long admired and been a big supporter of Tottenham Hotspur.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t want us to be relegated 

I believe that this will happen with him at the helm 

that’s why I’d like him to be relieved of his position 

pretty confident that you won’t find any of my posts which are overtly insulting to him on a personal level 

I know. It was a joke. And I agree with you.

4 hours ago, Simoken said:

I disagree, it would be a massive achievement considering how shit inconsistent the players are, show up on occasion. COME ON BR! ssave us please.

:brendan:

Away from this parody you’ve created and as a genuine fan do you want him here? 

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Away from this parody you’ve created and as a genuine fan do you want him here? 

yes i do, ignore all the media interviews and contradition, he is a great coach and has given us some great success. I see the players being the problem with the lack of consistency from motivation, the clubs going through a transitional period and a majority of players in the 1st team will probably be gone in the summer. Im just thinking of the 4-1 game against spurs and how we completed dominated and then turn to  shit, BR is a proven coach, and to judge him so harshly and to say hes 'shit' without any real explanation is stupid. Like i said, the players are the problem, heads have been turned / looking at the next project / distracted and not wearing the badge anymore. lub needs to restart and id like him to try again with better recruitment, which recently have been pretty good the last transfer period. Honesrly we dont want another manager with a new ideas, weve been through this so many times and itl just repeat itself. so yeah

I troll cause im bored of the miserable same old rollercoaster comments, until we start winning games and then it just stops and people wanna bumlove him. too many half hearted fans that only want to support when its easy. call me a troll and a shit fake fan, at least i have a consistent narrative and idea. (not aimed at you poster)

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

yes i do, ignore all the media interviews and contradition, he is a great coach and has given us some great success. I see the players being the problem with the lack of consistency from motivation, the clubs going through a transitional period and a majority of players in the 1st team will probably be gone in the summer. Im just thinking of the 4-1 game against spurs and how we completed dominated and then turn to  shit, BR is a proven coach, and to judge him so harshly and to say hes 'shit' without any real explanation is stupid. Like i said, the players are the problem, heads have been turned / looking at the next project / distracted and not wearing the badge anymore. lub needs to restart and id like him to try again with better recruitment, which recently have been pretty good the last transfer period. Honesrly we dont want another manager with a new ideas, weve been through this so many times and itl just repeat itself. so yeah

I troll cause im bored of the miserable same old rollercoaster comments, until we start winning games and then it just stops and people wanna bumlove him. too many half hearted fans that only want to support when its easy. call me a troll and a shit fake fan, at least i have a consistent narrative and idea. (not aimed at you poster)

Thanks for taking the time to reply Brendan

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Simoken said:

If I believed that he really had his heart in the job at hand then I may think differently 

I also worry that the players don't believe that he’s committed and that affects their attitude 

Absolutely hilarious how he keeps finessing expectations to suit his failures. It's a shame the pundits will again swallow his load whole as they have the collective IQ of a labradoodle. 

We'll be starting our youth team & Daniel Amartey in the Championship next season and he'll somehow still riggle out of the blame and into the Chelsea job.

look-into-my-eyes-look-at-me.gif