Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, TeamRocket said:

Not saying he is just saying he's on the same line as him. BR has a way better team then Peter Taylor ever did ans knew he was poor. BR doesn't think he's poor he blames everyone else including the tea lady to the kid who does the shoes laces for his children. It's never his faults, he never trys to do anything at least PT tried to win games what does this dim wit do? Bring a CB for CM to defend a 3-1 loss. How does that even make reasonable sense? Honesty 

Taylor inherited a very good team, one that really could've got top 6 the previous season 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Dunno about that, what Taylor did to this club was quite extreme and some of the signings he made beggar belief looking back

What Rodgers has done is also extreme and his signings also beggar belief. As does his decision to isolate players. All from a much better starting position. We'll also be in an absolute mess behind the scenes. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This fool is going to go into his meeting with Top and say. 

Don’t worry boss, Jonny is back, we’ll sort it from here.

To which Top will reply. Ok ok.

The blind leading the blind

There was an interview under Sven where he basically said he was there to do whatever the manager asked of him. That's what he's used to, not taking the initiative himself.

I genuinely feel worse today than when we went down to league 1. It’s a truly hideous position we’re now in. There’s zero positives and zero hope. Top has allowed this situation to get like this….. He shoulders as much of the blame as Rodgers. 

Utterly deflating. 

• Like 1

Today for me was the final straw. Thought up until this point I was in favour for him - on the account that there were no better alternatives. At this point, anyone is better. 

I’ve never managed a football team, or had any particular insight into tactics- so never really had enough to back other claims on this forum that Rodger’s inept. However, even I can see is that it’s stupid, that when you’re losing at home - you take a striker off , and bring on a midfielder who is well known to be slow and weak in possession. 

Rodgers out.

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Yes, a sports psychologist would have a field day picking apart Rodgers defeatist beliefs and attitude.

If you constantly tell your players there are 6 teams insurmountably better than them there will always be at least 6 teams better than them.

Now his new tune is that there are apparently 17-19 teams better than us, hence where we are headed...

Good shout a sports psychologist, if we can't sack Rogers pay Steve Peters whatever he wants for 2 months, the cost of relegation is so much more.

• Like 2

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

What Rodgers has done is also extreme and his signings also beggar belief. As does his decision to isolate players. All from a much better starting position. We'll also be in an absolute mess behind the scenes. 

Rodgers didn't have a better starting position than Taylor.

I can't believe that BR is still linked with top jobs but honestly there is a reason Taylor never managed in the PL again. There is absolutely no way to defend his reign