Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

27 minutes ago, ronnup said:

12 games left 

5 wins needed

Do we think we've got that kind of change I'm form in us?

We have won 7 in 26, not sure where 5 wins in 12 is suddenly coming from.

Only when you lay it out as you’ve done that it shows how impossible it now is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

At least Puel actually bought well in the transfer market so we always had a good young side. 

No he didn't. 

Rudkin did. We haven't had a manager actually responsible for buying their own players at any point during the current ownership. 

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Do we think Top believes Rodgers will enact some kind of 14/15-esque great escape?! 

You know what, that could be in his thinking incredibly. Didn't he reverse Nige's sacking?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No he didn't. 

Rudkin did. We haven't had a manager actually responsible for buying their own players at any point during the current ownership. 

You know this to be true?  Don’t forget that his mate was head of recruitment for three years …..I’d say Brendan had plenty of input 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No he didn't. 

Then RUDKIN is to blame (as I always thought!)

49 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Does anyone know his potential pay off? Not sure how all that works but guessing it's a stumbling block?

It probably is. But saying that giving Vardy a 2 year deal, on a supposed £7m a year is baffling. 

I know he's a legeng & l love the fella. What were the powers that be thinking ? He is a bit part player. We are a mess. 

Whatever the pay off is we should pay it. We're sleepwalking into the Championship. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

But then removing Puel and Ranieri kept us up both seasons? 

We were about 10th when Puel got the sack I'd of had far more confidence us still being In the premiership at the end of that season had he stayed, then I do at this end of this season if Rogers stays. Sure Rogers helped us get better finishes than Puel would of done in that season and the following two seasons, but he isn't the coach for a relegation battle, the guy isn't even aware he's in one.

He won’t be getting sacked anytime soon top and the board haven’t got it in them the still think he’s the right choice! He’s installed a rot into the club now that’s going to take seasons with a decent manager to sort he did this at Liverpool stunk the place out with bang average or awful players took klopp 3 year to clear them out! Sack Rodgers I dont think it makes much difference now he’s done the damage to really **** us up for a long time 

Edited by Thebluefox85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

We were about 10th when Puel got the sack I'd of had far more confidence us still being In the premiership at the end of that season had he stayed, then I do at this end of this season if Rogers stays. Sure Rogers helped us get better finishes than Puel would of done in that season and the following two seasons, but he isn't the coach for a relegation battle, the guy isn't even aware he's in one.

Agree, we’ve made changes before at similar times in the season and they’ve worked. 

Get an interim in for the next match and use the international break to get a replacement. 

9 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

He won’t be getting sacked anytime soon top and the board haven’t got it in them the still think he’s the right choice! He’s installed a rot into the club now that’s going to take seasons with a decent manager to sort he did this at Liverpool stunk the place out with bang average or awful players took klopp 3 year to clear them out! Sack Rodgers I dont think it makes much difference now he’s done the damage to really **** us up for a long time 

Can't imagine any other club not sacking after such a miserable decline.