Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Started off bang on but do you really want him to stay? A decent manager could come in with a plan, turn us around and build for next season. If he stays then we once again will spend millions on all his garbage signings. To make us sh*t for even longer. To turn things around he needs to go ASAP. 

I think Id like to see him get us out the mess to prove himself. I dont want him to be a coward and leave the mess behind him whilst getting a huge pay off with his reputation intact. Hes still highly rated for no real reason, Spurs fans wanting him to replace Conte, I mean ffs.

Hes a manager who lived off nearly winning the league with Pool and nearly getting top 4 with us, bottling it when things get tough. Imagine him with the pressure of a big 6 club? Klopp took 3 seasons to sort the mess Brendan left after signing the likes of Ricky Lambert and Balotelli.

I think we should try and do what Wigan did in 06/07. Hopefully survive by the skin of our teeth then mutually part having at least had the final say. He goes off and we get a new manager in early in the summer to try and rebuild and get the whole season(Similar to Paul Jewell, mutually leave despite surviving). Wigan rebuilt and stayed in the league for a long time after that and included an FA Cup win in there, so it would be possible to rebuild).

If Rodgers stays, we save the money on paying him off, not increase or decrease our chances in the short term of survival and IF we survive then what I said above would be best for all parties but IF we did drop, we should not let him walk away and make him earn his money at Champ level.

Edited by deanolegend1989

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think Id like to see him get us out the mess to prove himself. I dont want him to be a coward and leave the mess behind him whilst getting a huge pay off with his reputation intact. Hes still highly rated for no real reason, Spurs fans wanting him to replace Conte, I mean ffs.

Hes a manager who lived off nearly winning the league with Pool and nearly getting top 4 with us, bottling it when things get tough. Imagine him with the pressure of a big 6 club? Klopp took 3 seasons to sort the mess Brendan left after signing the likes of Ricky Lambert and Balotelli.

I think we should try and do what Wigan did in 06/07. Hopefully survive by the skin of our teeth then mutually part having at least had the final say. He goes off and we get a new manager in early in the summer to try and rebuild and get the whole season(Similar to Paul Jewell, mutually leave despite surviving). Wigan rebuilt and stayed in the league for a long time after that and included an FA Cup win in there, so it would be possible to rebuild).

If Rodgers stays, we save the money on paying him off, not increase or decrease our chances in the short term of survival and IF we survive then what I said above would be best for all parties but IF we did drop, we should not let him walk away and make him earn his money at Champ level.

No chance mate I got tenner on him at 14/1 to be next to go 

8 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I actually think if we sack Rodgers we have a much higher change of staying up. We are in free fall at the min it needs to stop a new manager with new ideas can freshen the club up and turn confidence around 

• Like 1

What can you say.

Tactics = dogshit 

Motivation = dogshit 

Confidence = dogshit 

It's dogshit. It smells and looks, like dogshit. 

There's no correcting path, unless you get rid of the person steering the ship. And it's probably too late for that now anyway. Nothing to lose, get rid. 

• Like 4

Just now, Diffco said:

What can you say.

Tactics = dogshit 

Motivation = dogshit 

Confidence = dogshit 

There's no correcting path, unless you get rid of the person steering the ship. And it's probably too late for that now anyway. Nothing to lose, get rid. 

It’s not too late yet, we are in free fall but haven’t hit the bottom just yet. Any longer with Rodgers though and we will be at the point of no return 

2 minutes ago, Diffco said:

What can you say.

Tactics = dogshit 

Motivation = dogshit 

Confidence = dogshit 

This is it. 

It's not too late. If anything it's the perfect time. A new manager could come in with one game left this month to try and sort this mess out.

To be honest, even starting with Iversen/Smithies in goal and dropping the defence ten yards would instantly improve us defensively. 

Edit - Maybe 15. 20?

Edited by Craig
We are shit

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I'd like to believe the amount of vacant seats at the end of the game could force the boards hand.

As it will become very familiar to them if they keep things as they are.

I keep repeating this ti the point I’m boring myself, ‘empty seats’ is the only way. 

They don’t give a flying **** about banners, emails or chants, they only care about an empty stadium. Threaten the club with reduced revenue, they’ll finally act. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Has this absolute Mike Bassett gone yet?

Can never forgive our Wembley defeat to his Norwich side in the Mr Clutch cup final in the early 2000s

Edited by josh_baskin
  • Haha 1