Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Mr Teflon 

Asked about the chants, Rodgers said: ‘It’s been the backdrop all season and it’s not a distraction for me or the squad. We are very much together.

‘You want the crowd to be behind the team but this how it has been since the summer. The frustration at the lack of activity in the transfer market spilled over into the season.

My frusteration is in his performance as a coach... players regressing... impotent fotb3all.. lack of creativity in favour of possession..and his blaming of any one but himself.  We could buy messi and rodgers would have him passing sideways 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan

The thing that astounds me above all else with Rodgers is that we STILL can’t defend as a team. Whatever players he picks, whatever formation he chooses, we STILL concede far too many goals. 
This is a ten million a year manager…one of the best paid on the planet… and we STILL are clueless defensively.

We’ve had all the nonsense about conceding at set pieces, now it’s about just conceding in general,

It’s a disgrace that such a ‘super manager’ (Christ, how he’s got the media in his pocket) can still not field a side that looks so defensively calamitous. 
He’s a fraud, a charlatan and Top needs to grow a pair before it’s too late. 

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Alex Crook on TalkSport said he understands that BR still has full backing of the board and sacking him isn't under consideration.

A crook would have a good understanding of the Rodgers situation for sure.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He won't stay if we go down. He'll blame the club, fans and players and anyone else he can think of for HIS plight and walk away. He only ever considers himself. 

Spot on imo

And the biggest travesty is he’d walk straight back into a good job in the Premiership.

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He won't stay if we go down. He'll blame the club, fans and players and anyone else he can think of for HIS plight and walk away. He only ever considers himself. 

You know, honestly I’ve got no problem with Brendan being about Brendan. Why should he ? It’s his career. He believes in himself - ****ing madness but good on it. 

What annoys me ? Those who are responsible for the club. Those guardians are allowing him to do it. Top, Susan etc. are more responsible for this than the parasite because they are allowing it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He can blame me as much as he likes.. even personally.

Just as long as he clears his desk, packs his little brown box and he ****'s off straight after.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Every one of our players , yes even Amartey and Vestergard , is a vastly better player than Rodgers ever was. He should start listening and acting on what they believe is right for our team.

Better player doesn’t make you a better coach. Lamps and Gerrard have shown that. Some managers had failed playing careers and are better coaches. 

In Rodgers’ case he’s good when everything is going well. He’s not so when things get tough, he doesn’t think outside the box too often. 

18 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Alex Crook on TalkSport said he understands that BR still has full backing of the board and sacking him isn't under consideration.

I just despair, I really do. I never thought I would be going to matches not feeling passionate and up for it  but somehow he has sucked it all out of me and I am slowly becoming one of the majority who just sits at every game quietly  waiting for the inevitable.

It is a very long time since I have felt so despondent and having to drag myself to matches.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Every one of our players , yes even Amartey and Vestergard , is a vastly better player than Rodgers ever was. He should start listening and acting on what they believe is right for our team.

I fairly confident that if , for example,  we'd have got Dyche in , he'd have got a much better tune out of Amartey.

He certainly wouldn't have asked him to play in a way that highlights his weaknesses. 

Brendan is the master of this

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Better player doesn’t make you a better coach. Lamps and Gerrard have shown that. Some managers had failed playing careers and are better coaches. 

In Rodgers’ case he’s good when everything is going well. He’s not so when things get tough, he doesn’t think outside the box too often.

Mourinho started this trend of managers with not jot of experience of playing top class football. Personally I would not respect somebody who has never done the job criticizing my efforts.  We can do it , even when we talk out of our backsides but we are not running the team.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Mourinho started this trend of managers with not jot of experience of playing top class football. Personally I would not respect somebody who has never done the job criticizing my efforts.  We can do it , even when we talk out of our backsides but we are not running the team.

Well, we've certainly got an arse**le running it now!!

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The thing that astounds me above all else with Rodgers is that we STILL can’t defend as a team. Whatever players he picks, whatever formation he chooses, we STILL concede far too many goals. 
This is a ten million a year manager…one of the best paid on the planet… and we STILL are clueless defensively.

We’ve had all the nonsense about conceding at set pieces, now it’s about just conceding in general,

It’s a disgrace that such a ‘super manager’ (Christ, how he’s got the media in his pocket) can still not field a side that looks so defensively calamitous. 
He’s a fraud, a charlatan and Top needs to grow a pair before it’s too late. 

Scoring goals and great football is one thing. But his inability to make us structured and hard to break down just shows how limited he is when he doesn’t have all the resources he demands 

• Like 1