Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You know, honestly I’ve got no problem with Brendan being about Brendan. Why should he ? It’s his career. He believes in himself - ****ing madness but good on it. 

What annoys me ? Those who are responsible for the club. Those guardians are allowing him to do it. Top, Susan etc. are more responsible for this than the parasite because they are allowing it. 

...what can Whelan do if Rodgers refuses to walk, the same applies to Rudkin, do they hand in resignations, because they have not been listened to!!!

Are they supposed to come out in the media and broadcast their dissatisfaction that they are not being heard, they will have to continue to work in an organisation that would view them as a pariah. 

I would say that there is only one person that can make that decision.

Top's family has a lot of infighting at the moment and perhaps to an extent his hands are tied. His mother has taken up a position in the group which supersedes him, and no doubt his visits could just be him keeping contact with the club (looking after his father's legacy).

None of this has been handled professionally and has led us to this impasse.

We do need answers, if nothing else.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Have they had the 'alleged meeting' yet? 

Yes. It was all agreed that Brendan is doing a great job and we are lucky to have him (although a performance metric was added as they would all like the possession % a little higher). Board agree nothing can realistically be done about a few disgruntled fans. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what can Whelan do if Rodgers refuses to walk, the same applies to Rudkin, do they hand in resignations, because they have not been listened to!!!

Are they supposed to come out in the media and broadcast their dissatisfaction that they are not being heard, they will have to continue to work in an organisation that would view them as a pariah. 

I would say that there is only one person that can make that decision.

Top's family has a lot of infighting at the moment and perhaps to an extent his hands are tied. His mother has taken up a position in the group which supersedes him, and no doubt his visits could just be him keeping contact with the club (looking after his father's legacy).

None of this has been handled professionally and has led us to this impasse.

We do need answers, if nothing else.

The bit in bold makes as much sense to me as a Brendan Rodgers interview. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes. It was all agreed that Brendan is doing a great job and we are lucky to have him (although a performance metric was added as they would all like the possession % a little higher). Board agree nothing can realistically be done about a few disgruntled fans. 

I know you joke..but it still seems like a realistic outcome. :blush:

17 minutes ago, TK95 said:

The entire narrative if we go down will be we couldn't match Brendan's ambitions

Absolutely yeah. I am staggered that some seem to think he'd resign and forfeit his payout in order to avoid having a relegation on his record. The whole point of all his politicking is to ensure that he ultimately takes as little blame as possible and I have no doubt it will prove successful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

Yeah, I heard that.

He said he doesn't want him sacked at this point but doesn't think he's got it in him to get the team up for the challenge of staying up.

🤔

I agree, I can see no way that he can get us up for the fight.  Also, his match- play decisions continue to be awful where he is outthought by every other manager in the Prem.

Can't help but think that the best thing to do so late in the season is to sack him and let the junior staff run things till the end of the season. That way minimises the disruption within the playing side of the club, and the stand-ins would be better than Rodgers simply by letting the team play more freely, playing to the talents of the individuals rather than constraining them.  This may help to restore self-confidence in our players - lack of confidence is one of our biggest problems.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

At this stage can anybody confirm how much it will cost to sack Rodgers and his staff as I imagine they would go too?

No one knows for certain as this is private information!

Edited by Tuna
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Club deserves relegation for it's baffling inactivity.

Watch Palace and West Ham sack their managers and pull away from relegation while we sit on our hands.

Joke.

If that were to happen we could probably do a lot worse than Viera to be fair.  Our squad is on paper better than Palace and he would instil some much needed discipline into the defence and defensive midfield.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I agree, I can see no way that he can get us up for the fight.  Also, his match- play decisions continue to be awful where he is outthought by every other manager in the Prem.

Can't help but think that the best thing to do so late in the season is to sack him and let the junior staff run things till the end of the season. That way minimises the disruption within the playing side of the club, and the stand-ins would be better than Rodgers simply by letting the team play more freely, playing to the talents of the individuals rather than constraining them.  This may help to restore self-confidence in our players - lack of confidence is one of our biggest problems.

So many of our players would be better with a fresh start.

I can't imagine how many of them could play any worse

What will it take for Flaccid Rodgers to get sacked by the club, Embezzlement, Rape, Murder, Serious ABH/GBH?. Wouldn't want anything like that to happen but Managers such as Scott Parker get 12 games or even less (can be a few more too sometimes) before they're given the boot, so how the hell is this ding-dong still here?

1 minute ago, S1ddo71 said:

What will it take for Flaccid Rodgers to get sacked by the club, Embezzlement, Rape, Murder, Serious ABH/GBH?. Wouldn't want anything like that to happen but Managers such as Scott Parker get 12 games or even less (can be a few more too sometimes) before they're given the boot, so how the hell is this ding-dong still here?

The club probably sees Rodgers as our Ferguson.

When he talks of over achievement and expectations I don’t think any of us bemoan not achieving a top 6, 7 with Newcastle, finish, is it too much that we hope to be sitting shoulder to shoulder with Brighton, Brentford and Fulham. Each exceptionally well run with great recruitment, like we were, is that too unrealistic a target? 
Those clubs are clearly on upward trajectories and have perhaps hit their peak, their squads are not imbalanced with high earning unused players like ours and are not so close to needing a thorough rebuild as us and benefitted from fresh faces last summer whereas we didn’t. But long term (once some of those factors can be resolved) which is what I’m sure Brendan implies, season to season  our ambitions are not OTT, to be as good as Brentford, come on man on ten million a year is that really too much to ask for?

• Like 4