Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Last week was awful to lose to the bottom team but rodgers has the excuse that we missed three sitters

yesterday we lost to a big six side but again, the coach will point to three sitters missed 

The arsenal performance warranted the sack more than yesterday - not an effort on target despite being behind for 45 mins 

I just don’t believe they make a change until we capitulate to a team outside the big six - if it just looks like bad luck then we won’t act - many of us realise that this isn’t an excuse but seems our viewpoint isn’t matched by the owners 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Last week was awful to lose to the bottom team but rodgers has the excuse that we missed three sitters

yesterday we lost to a big six side but again, the coach will point to three sitters missed 

The arsenal performance warranted the sack more than yesterday - not an effort on target despite being behind for 45 mins 

I just don’t believe they make a change until we capitulate to a team outside the big six - if it just looks like bad luck then we won’t act - many of us realise that this isn’t an excuse but seems our viewpoint isn’t matched by the owners 

But you could say the same about them, 2 goals ruled out offside and hit the bar. Fine margins work both ways.

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

But you could say the same about them, 2 goals ruled out offside and hit the bar. Fine margins work both ways.

but it’s seems our board are only looking at things from the Lcfc team perspective…… did they have two goals ruled out offside ?  The second one was given by the lino, not var … it was about three yards off. 

13 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Just woke up, have they had their alleged board meeting then? Decided to stick with him? 

:( I wish I could have only just woken up..... 

To be honest I couldn't sleep till this late even if I tried! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

but it’s seems our board are only looking at things from the Lcfc team perspective…… did they have two goals ruled out offside ?  The second one was given by the lino, not var … it was about three yards off. 

Felix and the Ukrainian had goals disallowed for “narrow offside calls”

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you stated that Whelan and Rudkin were culpable!!!

What is it that you expect they can do, in this instance?

You think the only option available to Top and Whelan at this stage is for Rodgers to quit ?? Otherwise, they’ve just got to go with the flow ? Wow

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The thing that astounds me above all else with Rodgers is that we STILL can’t defend as a team. Whatever players he picks, whatever formation he chooses, we STILL concede far too many goals. 
This is a ten million a year manager…one of the best paid on the planet… and we STILL are clueless defensively.

We’ve had all the nonsense about conceding at set pieces, now it’s about just conceding in general,

It’s a disgrace that such a ‘super manager’ (Christ, how he’s got the media in his pocket) can still not field a side that looks so defensively calamitous. 
He’s a fraud, a charlatan and Top needs to grow a pair before it’s too late. 

Totally agree, defensively we're a disgrace. We don't have the players to play aggressively with the high line that he wants. The number of goals we concede in transition having lost the ball in the opposition half is ridiculous.

Doesn't seem to matter who we play in midfield either.  With the exception of KDH , none of them have the energy or desire to track the runners in transition once we've lost the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trooky said:

Totally agree, defensively we're a disgrace. We don't have the players to play aggressively with the high line that he wants. The number of goals we concede in transition having lost the ball in the opposition half is ridiculous.

Doesn't seem to matter who we play in midfield either.  With the exception of KDH , none of them have the energy or desire to track the runners in transition once we've lost the ball.

Yep, and unfortunately for us this is something that Brentford really thrive on. 

Think it's fairly clear he is going nowhere this season both from his press conferences and the lack of any even rumblings of him being under pressure. Best scenario is we stay up on goal difference but continue to be utter dogshit, and the club and him mutually agree to part ways, hope Boro don't get promoted and get Michael Carrick in. 

For me calling him a fraud is fair comment, what he isn't is what he is often called which is a c**t.

That word is saying he is a fool, an idiot but he is a millionaire and most if not all of us on here ain't.

So who is the bigger ...idiot....the man who cons his way to a fortune or the ones who supply it?

Or the ones who allow him to continue to fail and destroy a legacy?

I have decided that if l continue to contribute my money to this failure (however small or indirectly) it's me who is the fool and l cant stand that feeling.

I'll be back when we've seen his and not before.