Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This comment in response to the article above is concerning from someone who is most likely a lot closer to the situation than many others.

I mean it's pretty clear to see.

The inaction from the board, the words the players are coming out with after ganes, their relaxed attitude during games, it's only the fans who realise how much in trouble we are in, yet, we aren't being taken seriously.

• Like 1

Just now, WinslowFox said:

I hate this argument about well who will replace him.

The biggest issue in my eyes is simply getting rid of him, everything else can be sorted out after.

I'm convinced we couldn't do any worse with no-one in charge.

Let's face facts we don't look like we've had a training session for a week before games.

We have nothing to lose now making a change. 

Get rid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I mean it's pretty clear to see.

The inaction from the board, the words the players are coming out with after ganes, their relaxed attitude during games, it's only the fans who realise how much in trouble we are in, yet, we aren't being taken seriously.

I mean yes it is clear with regards to the players and Rodgers. You wouldn’t necessarily expect to be aware of the hierarchy of the club being ready to make a change, I think many of us were hoping they were just delaying on making a decision. The fact that it sounds like it’s not even being considered and almost blind to the fact we are very likely to go down, is massively concerning. 

The team crumbles under any pressure. To use his own analogy, Rodgers has created a team that are ‘mentality minis’ In fact the lack of pace, reliability, drive and strength of the team remind me of the British Leyland budget base model Mini City of the late 70’s - An absolute rot box built with budget parts and a crap engine. 

• Like 4

Not nice to think that the club feel quite relaxed on this situation..

If Rodger's pay-off is potentially to be half of what's been reported it to be at now, £10m, then I'd imagine they'd consider removing him..

Have a feeling this severance package situation, just towards him and not even factoring his own staff, is putting them off greatly in hiring someone else.

Edited by Wymsey

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The team crumbles under any pressure. To use his own analogy, Rodgers has created a team that are ‘mentality minis’ In fact the lack of pace, reliability, drive and strength of the team remind me of the British Leyland budget base model Mini City of the late 70’s - An absolute rot box built with budget parts and a crap engine. 

When we had a better team, we crumbled too,  absolutely bottled two top 4 finishes.

I am resigned to the fact we're down. :cry:

17 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

I hate this argument about well who will replace him.

The biggest issue in my eyes is simply getting rid of him, everything else can be sorted out after.

I'm convinced we couldn't do any worse with no-one in charge.

Let's face facts we don't look like we've had a training session for a week before games.

This is exactly my thoughts. Don’t worry about who’s coming in and if nobody is available. Rodger’s hasn’t been performing for a good 6/8months now so sack him. We can’t be worse off without him it’s impossible. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Too many fans have been gaslight into thinking we cant do better than Rodgers. Every comment i see is ‘who do we replace him with’ or some variant. 

Its tedious and its that half arsed attitude that will relegate us. 

16 losses in 26 games.

'BUT WHO WILL IMPROVE US?'

Baffling.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Too many fans have been gaslight into thinking we cant do better than Rodgers. Every comment i see is ‘who do we replace him with’ or some variant. 

Its tedious and its that half arsed attitude that will relegate us. 

Too many other people think it’s that simple, that’s a serious (like absolutely massive) misunderstanding of this situation. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Felix and the Ukrainian had goals disallowed for “narrow offside calls”

Felix was just ahead if the ball and the lino didn’t give it - hence it was a var disallowed goal - surprised it didn’t make the sky highlights 

the mudryk one was nothing like a narrow call and the lino gave it 

There are way too many disallowed goals because of the no flag edict - they often distort the narrative of the game.  In the old days the flag goes straight up and the play stops. I can understand if it’s close but that one was way off 

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

As I said I was confused by what you said so not very clear

...I  did ask the question what do you expect of Whelan and Rudkin in this instance, you did not give me an answer!!!

Bearing in mind only one person's decision counts and it is not either of them?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Too many other people think it’s that simple, that’s a serious (like absolutely massive) misunderstanding of this situation. 

There are huge problems at the club but they will only get worse if we get relegated. Changing the manager and giving us a shot at staying up allows us to start to fix the problems. With this manager we are doomed, the signs are there and history is not favourable to this manager when it comes to end of season pressure.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

16 losses in 26 games.

'BUT WHO WILL IMPROVE US?'

Baffling.

Its beyond at joke but we deserve relegation at this point. Neither our fans, players, manager or board are serious about the situation we are in. Its a toxic mixture of misplaced arrogance and weapons grade ignorance. 

• Like 1

If we wanted someone we would find someone..a foreigner who wants to take a punt, a young style Potter wanting a project,aybe another type Pearson also wanting a new project they are all out there..

Rodgers again in three throw of the dice,Blackburn,Southampton, and Chelsea has got his major calls wrong..

Just think how it would look..

Still in FAcup, 4-6pts extra...

Even with a strong Maddison, Rodgers fled up the rest...Now taking Mendy off,I am even looking for those last straws,I reckon 30k fans have picked them all up..

Rodgers has lost all the mojo that was left,plus lost the balance of the squad...

Unless he finds 4-5 A.villa style games,we have gone..

It's the hope that kills,Chelsea/Soton games we had in our grasp, then blunder after blunder...

This time I do feel sorry for Daka & Maddison....We have no rebouncability,no power of comeback...

Oh!! I will believe every game,but it's hurting to find something to hold onto,I just want games with fight & a little foxes cunning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Felix was just ahead if the ball and the lino didn’t give it - hence it was a var disallowed goal - surprised it didn’t make the sky highlights 

the mudryk one was nothing like a narrow call and the lino gave it 

There are way too many disallowed goals because of the no flag edict - they often distort the narrative of the game.  In the old days the flag goes straight up and the play stops. I can understand if it’s close but that one was way off 

I didn’t say who give the decisions I just said 2 goals were  ruled out for being offside.

Narrow offsides, was quoted from the article.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Any manager who comes in and plays deep, low block and counter attacks would start picking up points easily. Playing Danny Ward and Amartey in a high line is suicide and we've done it for 26 games now, Rodgers is mental.

Like his persistence with zonal marking his thoughts are entirely on that puff piece if the form turns around that vindicates his decisions and paints him as a tactical genius. 

He’s a media merchant.