Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

38 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The team crumbles under any pressure. To use his own analogy, Rodgers has created a team that are ‘mentality minis’ In fact the lack of pace, reliability, drive and strength of the team remind me of the British Leyland budget base model Mini City of the late 70’s - An absolute rot box built with budget parts and a crap engine. 

More reliant robin than mini

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Any manager who comes in and plays deep, low block and counter attacks would start picking up points easily. Playing Danny Ward and Amartey in a high line is suicide and we've done it for 26 games now, Rodgers is mental.

One nauseating outcome is he starts to play a lower defensive line, gets some results and comes out boasting about getting his mini to find results. The press would eat it up.

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Any manager who comes in and plays deep, low block and counter attacks would start picking up points easily. Playing Danny Ward and Amartey in a high line is suicide and we've done it for 26 games now, Rodgers is mental.

Agreed. We only went on that mini run before Christmas because Rodgers played a low block. Ward was lucky he barely had a save to make in those games.

We became a mess again when Brendan reverted back to norm. Gerrim out!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  did ask the question what do you expect of Whelan and Rudkin in this instance, you did not give me an answer!!!

Bearing in mind only one person's decision counts and it is not either of them?

You’ve asked the question on Rudkin but if you read my post properly I’ve listed Top. Where you’ve got a hard on for Rudkin, I’m not entirely sure ?

Secondly, now that you have brought it up. An exec, in any industry who can no longer influence decision is not fit for purpose. Pretending they are not complicit in this debacle and simply at the mercy of Top and his evil plan is not right. Whelan wins awards for CEO of the year but not involved/influential when things are not going right ? Come on. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

16 losses in 26 games.

'BUT WHO WILL IMPROVE US?'

Baffling.

Precisely! I've ran out of reactions to give today from giving so many likes in this thread 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

One nauseating outcome is he starts to play a lower defensive line, gets some results and comes out boasting about getting his mini to find results. The press would eat it up.

And this is where I'm catch 22, I want him gone but also want to stay up (Although I've accepted we're going down).

Best case scenario we stay up and and he goes in the summer, but it's just not going to happen.

If going down means he goes, I'll reluctantly accept that, I can't face watching anymore of this football, it's toxic, it's boring and he pisses me off. I've never ever not wanted to go and watch LCFC, but I've been about once in the last 6 games and I'm not missing it at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The team crumbles under any pressure. To use his own analogy, Rodgers has created a team that are ‘mentality minis’ In fact the lack of pace, reliability, drive and strength of the team remind me of the British Leyland budget base model Mini City of the late 70’s - An absolute rot box built with budget parts and a crap engine. 

If we're comparing football teams with cars, then Bournemouth is a Sinclair C5, Everton is a Trabant, Southampton is a Citroen 2CV and Forest is a Reliant Robin, whilst Leeds are a complete write-off. They're all even worse than a BL Mini, so that's why City will be safe. BR's strategy is now clear, make Top look into his eyes (not around them), muddle through games and win by accident occasionally, and hope that the other teams around us lose.  

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The thing that astounds me above all else with Rodgers is that we STILL can’t defend as a team. Whatever players he picks, whatever formation he chooses, we STILL concede far too many goals. 
This is a ten million a year manager…one of the best paid on the planet… and we STILL are clueless defensively.

We’ve had all the nonsense about conceding at set pieces, now it’s about just conceding in general,

It’s a disgrace that such a ‘super manager’ (Christ, how he’s got the media in his pocket) can still not field a side that looks so defensively calamitous. 
He’s a fraud, a charlatan and Top needs to grow a pair before it’s too late. 

I do think his inability to provide a secure defence is his biggest weakness of all. The best teams are built on a strong defence and as you say,  whoever he plays, whatever the system, no matter the opponent, whichever club he’s at, defending seems to be the last of his priorities…he simply cannot do defence - as his answer to the set piece fiasco - “we don’t have the right profile of player..” proved. A problem only fixed by the arrival of an independent coach (ie not a BR crony)…

Edited by smudgerfox

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You’ve asked the question on Rudkin but if you read my post properly I’ve listed Top. Where you’ve got a hard on for Rudkin, I’m not entirely sure ?

Secondly, now that you have brought it up. An exec, in any industry who can no longer influence decision is not fit for purpose. Pretending they are not complicit in this debacle and simply at the mercy of Top and his evil plan is not right. Whelan wins awards for CEO of the year but not involved/influential when things are not going right ? Come on. 

What annoys me ? Those who are responsible for the club. Those guardians are allowing him to do it. Top, Susan etc. are more responsible for this than the parasite because they are allowing it. 

...it seems to suggest that Rudkin is included in post!!!

If Whelan stated she wanted Rodgers removed, she cannot unilaterally implement the termination of Rodgers contract. I have not said they are not culpable but you are inferring that I  have.

All I was seeking was an explanation of the avenues open to Whelan and Rudkin in this instance.

The answer from your post seems to suggest, stepping down.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

are we actually now technically owned by tops mum and she could care any less about what’s going on? 

Never seen such blind loyalty in football it’s terrifying! 

I bet even the outside world are now questioning how Rodgers is still here! Then again they probably see us still sat in 16th and think we're ok - not taking into consideration we're only two points off bottom spot! 

All this talk of bottling 4th etc etc it would seem Leicester fans are no better & currently bottling a relegation battle.

We are where we are so what’s the point of looking at the what if’s, he seems to be here until summer at least therefore why are we trying to fight against the stream?

The team needs us now, regardless of what you think of the man we need to cheer them on, it’s the Leicester City name we are cheering not the manager, if we turn further against them, him  & now unbelievably the owners, who actually wins?

12games to go and 6pts separates 12th to 20th, no one is cut adrift although reading this forum you’d think we need to make up 10pts to just get back in the pack.
We are in a mini league with 11 other teams let’s not continue with the where this team ‘should,  would could be’ if it wasn’t for Rodgers, we are where we are let’s just get behind them & get to the top of the mini league then have a whinge in May.

A few wanted Dyche and the only takeaway I take from him is when he said everyone was pulling together management, squad and fans and made the point of whilst they don’t have much to cheer about the fans are still there cheering the team which will drive us on.

Who cares who says it for us, Rodger, Madders  me or whoever can we park the minute by minute has he gone yet’s and concentrate on picking these guys up regardless of who’s out on the pitch.

Few months ago Tigers were written off for play offs, they have just gone 3rd in the league with a bit of belief and everyone 1 pulling together, put your feelings (emotions) for Rodgers a side and get behind Leicester City because all this negativity is draining.

• Like 1