Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I mean it's pretty clear to see.

The inaction from the board, the words the players are coming out with after ganes, their relaxed attitude during games, it's only the fans who realise how much in trouble we are in, yet, we aren't being taken seriously.

But it's not like that at the KP!

Judging by what people who were there are saying there was very little discontent and very muted protest.

If the majority aren't protesting then it will be clear to the custodians that everything is fine and dandy.

Typical prawn sandwich supporters imo.

• Like 1

Just now, J. James said:

But it's not like that at the KP!

Judging by what people who were there are saying there was very little discontent and very muted protest.

If the majority aren't protesting then it will be clear to the custodians that everything is fine and dandy.

Typical prawn sandwich supporters imo.

Fishy?

I cannot believe that his position is not under scrutiny, at what point does the owner and board and take decisive action, in reality we have had 2 form blips where we had a little run of victories other than that it has been nothing short of honking performances and results, he is not turning this around, we are now two thirds of the season through, this is no longer a poor start, we are fast running out of games to rescue this and continuing the same tactics is not going to suddenly see a change in fortunes, we are nosediving into the championship unless a change is made. 

Did anyone go to the, meet brendan q&a night just after he joined?

He spoke very well and I was so excited by what he said.

One of the questions asked was... would you ever use Morgan up front if we needed a goal? His reply... that would be a plan b because plan a is not working, and don't have a plan b because that would mean my tactics have failed !!

How very true that statement was, certainly no plan b

No excitement from me anymore about this fraud and Puel impersonator 

3 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Did anyone go to the, meet brendan q&a night just after he joined?

He spoke very well and I was so excited by what he said.

One of the questions asked was... would you ever use Morgan up front if we needed a goal? His reply... that would be a plan b because plan a is not working, and don't have a plan b because that would mean my tactics have failed !!

How very true that statement was, certainly no plan b

No excitement from me anymore about this fraud and Puel impersonator 

any manager in any situation in sport or life automatically fails (sooner or later) with this kind of attitude.

we've all worked for them / with them

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This comment in response to the article above is concerning from someone who is most likely a lot closer to the situation than many others.

What's this obsession with the idea that there is no one to replace him (Darren's comment above about 'who' replaces him is the problem). Do people think there is only one manager available in the league and we are simply lucky to have him? The majority of people would have had no idea who De Zerbi was before he went to Brighton. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

What's this obsession with the idea that there is no one to replace him (Darren's comment above about 'who' replaces him is the problem). Do people think there is only one manager available in the league and we are simply lucky to have him? The majority of people would have had no idea who De Zerbi was before he went to Brighton. 

No idea, people are afraid of change, which is bizarre considering the alternative is a shit show

35 minutes ago, browniefox said:

He can't manage a football team, why not the premiership? he may do better at Rugby. 

To be fair he would be absolute mustard managing rugby teams seeing as you can only pass backwards and not forwards.  

Edited by kristianity77
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

I just want to see some fight and spirit

Fight and spirit is not rodgers philosophy, he likes calm and controlled, if players started sprinting around to get get the ball and lossing shape, he would have a shit fit, snd the note pad would come out...

Im not joking when we actually attack in a direct manner, score or not.. he looks peed off! 

In his head you know hes thinking yes ok we scored because you attacked quick and direct, but 9 times out if 10 we would lose the ball because it recklesss, "control lads control"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'm going to keep repeating it. FInding the replacement is not a concern this season. I'm very confident that a Knudsen/Stowell combo would keep us up. We just need someone who is not utterly obsessed with a system that has been holding us back and handicapping us.

I’m convinced any caretaker manager would come in and pick up results and keep us up for one more season at least  with the current squad, however the captain will not leave the ship till it’s sank.

I still can't get my head around the high line with slow CB's surely even a crap coach must see it doesn't work. And good old Brendan carries on week after week with the same crappy tactics. Don't get me started on the slow possession either it just makes me angry thinking about it. 

• Like 1

Just now, nettle said:

I still can't get my head around the high line with slow CB's surely even a crap coach must see it doesn't work. And good old Brendan carries on week after week with the same crappy tactics. Don't get me started on the slow possession either it just makes me angry thinking about it. 

It’s pathetic and he was tactically outthought by Blackburn big time. Pure arrogance from him and he should look at his own shit tactics before making any excuses. I can’t remember ever hearing him hold his hands up and take any responsibility. Regardless of his success there has never been a connection between fans and Rodgers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I'm going to keep repeating it. FInding the replacement is not a concern this season. I'm very confident that a Knudsen/Stowell combo would keep us up. We just need someone who is not utterly obsessed with a system that has been holding us back and handicapping us.

I'd also be happy to bring in Morgan and Evans with their experience to see out the season and decide what to do then.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd also be happy to bring in Morgan and Evans with their experience to see out the season and decide what to do then.

lol Morgan managing? The lads would be bored to death of his team talk after the 500th "ermmm"

I'm not sure why just picking old players seems to be such a fad when we've got perfectly qualified coaches.

And if you're talking about playing the 2 cripples at cb then I think that's even worse haha.

• Like 1