Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I think the board must be suffering from 'confirmation bias' they believe Rodgers is the man to get us through this, and any little glimmer like having more shots, etc on Saturday and supposedly being unlucky against Southampton has only reinforced their belief in Rodgers.  It is as if they are doubling down and digging their heels in when the evidence points to the opposite, they don't want to admit they have been wrong whilst the ship is sinking!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

I think the board must be suffering from 'confirmation bias' they believe Rodgers is the man to get us through this, and any little glimmer like having more shots, etc on Saturday and supposedly being unlucky against Southampton has only reinforced their belief in Rodgers.  It is as if they are doubling down and digging their heels in when the evidence points to the opposite, they don't want to admit they have been wrong whilst the ship is sinking!

...if there really was a meeting this morning and the outcome was to continue to support him, why would you bother to call the meeting!!!

Unless there is an agreement in place where a certain number of games need to supply us a certain number of points, then why have the meeting. 

Should have gone a year ago.

Once he started disparaging our club ref lack of funds etc he should have been put on gardening leave.He wasted millions

He is a liar and a blagger.

He courted Vestergaard then blamed others.

He said that he has improved our status yet we were champions league before he joined us.

Even when when we won the FA Cup the draw was favourable and it was the Covid Cup.

FFS get him out of our club

And let's move on!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think the likelihood of Will Still is very unlikely. He hasn't got his coaching licenses to manage, so Reims are paying £20,000k/game he continues to manage, I think. 

He's not leaving Reims now because he's one of us. He just kicked a ball in a few teams in the past while he was playing CM, FM and reading books to improve his football tactical knowledge. You don't need a licence. I've seen 75yrs old grandmas in our stadium having more tactical skills than BR. 

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Other clubs in the relegation battle must be astounded by our persistence with Rodgers, absolutely astounded.

They will be counting their lucky stars. One of those lucky three will soon be replaced by us. I think both us and Southampton are certs to go, then it’s a three way fight between West Ham, Bournemouth and Leeds for me.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think the likelihood of Will Still is very unlikely. He hasn't got his coaching licenses to manage, so Reims are paying £20,000k/game he continues to manage, I think. 

Surprised nobody's put something about that on Twitter, seems ripe for a Twitter post.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'm going to keep repeating it. FInding the replacement is not a concern this season. I'm very confident that a Knudsen/Stowell combo would keep us up. We just need someone who is not utterly obsessed with a system that has been holding us back and handicapping us.

At this point I'm very confident that the chap who coaches my daughter's under 17's Sunday league team could do a better job than Rodgers 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

His wages and fines would still be a fraction of what we’re paying Todgers

Ohh I’m not complaining. I just wondered if anything got done about it from Reims POV or if they are still getting fined.

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if there really was a meeting this morning and the outcome was to continue to support him, why would you bother to call the meeting!!!

Unless there is an agreement in place where a certain number of games need to supply us a certain number of points, then why have the meeting. 

You're probably right, he maybe has one more game to save his job, but if we win next week, then afterward it is back to another 2 or 3 defeats and eventually, he finally gets the sack, it is probably too late by then......sometimes you just can't dither.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Other clubs in the relegation battle must be astounded by our persistence with Rodgers, absolutely astounded.

Hahaha I’m sure they’re happy with him still being appointed whilst we fall down the league.