Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I mean, surely they (the board) can see we will go down if this nonsense carries on. It’s been worse football than when Puel was here, but at least you could see what he was trying to do( Bar dropping Vardy). And he recruited really well. Rodgers inherited his team, got us playing better and then gradually got worse and worse 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Someone my family know who works at the training ground said that Rodgers hardly speaks to Susan Whelan/Top.

Wondered a while ago if something else is wrong, and KP is unable to act for some reason, and no, I don’t mean mucky photos

19 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Makes you wonder whether Top actually pays attention to the league standings.

Doesn't matter about league standings.

(Well, it does, certainly where we find ourselves this season), but the point i'm making is my longstanding issues have been his football, style and philosophy has been stinking the place out for a very, very long time, people could make excuses such as top 4, top 5, FA Cup, Europe, goals scored, ultimately the football was awful though, the fact we struggled last season, struggling and in a relegation battle this season just gives me even more mud to flick and makes it more justified to complain about it though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Someone my family know who works at the training ground said that Rodgers hardly speaks to Susan Whelan/Top.

Also said Top sometimes hesitates in doing business within the club and takes his time to do it, whilst Vichai would do what he'd want for the best interests of the club almost immediately.

I could reveal more incidents, but not sure if it's worth it / might get me into trouble.

...Rodgers did say in an interview that he hasn't spoke to Top for a year!!!

That did seem strange, why would someone who is supposedly running this club not communicate regularly with his first team manager.

• Like 1

We've said umpteen times, 'if he ain't sacked after this game then he ain't going anywhere' At least the 6th time this season. I think we all just need to come to terms with it. He isn't going anywhere. Be that us getting relegated or by some miracle us staying up (despite him) 

Edited by hejammy

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

We've said umpteen times, it he ain't sacked after this game then he ain't going nowhere. At. Least the 6th time this season. I think we all just need to come to terms with it. He isn't going anywhere. Be that us getting relegated or by some miracle us staying up (despite him) 

Then the right thing to do, if we acknowledge this as a certainty, is to cheer the sh*t out of the team at every opportunity, surely? Then crowd fund a hitman in the Summer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, josh_baskin said:

If the club don’t want to cough up the 20 million to sack him why can’t they just stick him on gardening leave and leave the coaching staff to attempt to steer the team to safety while he just sits at home keeping his negative influence away from the team?

That could be construed as Constructive Dismissal.

• Like 1

From Puel's departure from Rob Dorsett (yeah, sorry)...

This had an air of inevitability about it. It has been coming for some time now.

My understanding is that it was the decision of Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, Leicester City's vice-chairman. He took the decision last night after that 4-1 home defeat. That was a fourth consecutive home defeat for Leicester, which is their worst record at home in 19 years.

I understand that the powers that be at Leicester really did not want to make a change.

They were not considering any changes to the manager until the summer at least. But the mood within King Power Stadium yesterday after that defeat, amongst the fans and amongst, I think crucially, some of the players who'd lost faith in Puel's methods, meant that they decided to accelerate their plans and move quicker.

Rings true with where we are at now, albeit our key players such as Maddison seem to fawn over Rodgers.

Just now, Craig said:

Rings true with where we are at now, albeit our key players such as Maddison seem to fawn over Rodgers

Hopefully by the same reasoning, there really shouldn't be much longer for them to kick Rodgers out 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Basically saying Top/Whelan are quite relaxed about the current situation and don't intend to change anything.

To be fair, he’s saying what he’s heard, but what he’s heard could be a smokescreen, didn’t Puel take 1 more game when it was already decided he was gone, they were just making arrangements for Rodger’s