Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Whoooooooa you do the relegation-oki…

put your left wing in, Your right wing out,

in…out.in..out shake em all about

you do the relegation-Koki 

& you turn around…:frantics:

& that’s what it’s all about….

whoooooa the relega-hoki

whoooaaa the blind clueless fans  doki

Rodgers ra…ra…ra

knees bent,arms up

then turn around….:frantics:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That could be construed as Constructive Dismissal.

Garden leave is given to individuals whose work is substandard or whose position no longer exists or whose influence in the organisation is considered damaging. Constructive dismissal would be making his position untenable by subtle sabotaging - leaving him out of meetings etc.

His contract would protect him from the first and his position as top shagger would make destabilising his position very difficult. He could hire a very good brief to act for him.

• Like 1

It does appear to be several reported/ guessed factors keeping him here. Top wanting a big name, avoiding a media backlash if he's fired, the board expecting everything to be fine. I don't know why Rodgers is the exception amongst the managers they've hired but unfortunately he appears to be no nearer the exit door.

All part of this "decent club" image they are trying to (inaccurately) portray.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm genuinely starting to believe that Rodgers has successfully gaslighted the players and the board to actually believing he's a world class manager and the only reason we aren't more successful is everyone else. The board for not investing more, the players for not having the right "mentality."

When the reality is he's a middling manager with an okay CV who is hideously underachieving with the resources he has at his disposal.

I've downgraded him from middling manager to woeful on this seasons evidence.

From the starting position that Claude and essentially Vichai left him with he's been found out big time for the spoofer that he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Think he will unfortunately; although what @Wymseysays, Top takes a long time to make the decision so the sacking may occur 🙏

...for someone running such a big corporation making quick decisions is a must!!!

Having time to deliberate is a luxury he and the business can ill afford, is he actually read to be the person to lead King Power?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we lose to both Brentford and palace (and deserve to) then he won’t survive that 

& then..if,, then..then if…

Turn,turn,Turn..

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

time to gain, a time to lose

A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we lose to both Brentford and palace (and deserve to) then he won’t survive that 

Has to go if we don't beat Brentford imo. Palace are the only team who are on a similar trajectory to us and would be the perfect chance to bounce back with a new manager after the break. If not, we're done for imo.

42 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that he hasn't been shown the door. What saddens me the most is that he seems to be the beneficiary of a level of loyalty not previously shown to previous managers, such as Ranieri and Puel.

You can argue they were out of their depth (yet nowhere near the level that BR has exhibited over the last 18 months), but both were decent blokes; one a genuinely lovable and charismatic figure that achieved the impossible, the other having managed the club through the most unexpected traumatic event it's possibly ever faced in an incredibly dignified manner. Yet after what they achieved/did for the club/owners you have to question why they got relatively short periods to turn things around given how much time they've afforded Rodgers. 

When you see this complete fraudster doing everything he can to belittle the club, board, players, and fans to protect his own reputation whilst destroying all of the hard work that's gone into getting us where we are it's very concerning. 

You’ve hit the nail on the head. This post summarises the current situation perfectly. 

45 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that he hasn't been shown the door. What saddens me the most is that he seems to be the beneficiary of a level of loyalty not previously shown to previous managers, such as Ranieri and Puel.

You can argue they were out of their depth (yet nowhere near the level that BR has exhibited over the last 18 months), but both were decent blokes; one a genuinely lovable and charismatic figure that achieved the impossible, the other having managed the club through the most unexpected traumatic event it's possibly ever faced in an incredibly dignified manner. Yet after what they achieved/did for the club/owners you have to question why they got relatively short periods to turn things around given how much time they've afforded Rodgers. 

When you see this complete fraudster doing everything he can to belittle the club, board, players, and fans to protect his own reputation whilst destroying all of the hard work that's gone into getting us where we are it's very concerning. 

Your post is superb but I think the other factor is that you have someone like Rudkin whose happy with the status quo at the moment. He doesn’t want a manager who will challenge him in his role. Rudkin for example is supposed to be the footballing nous to the board….

8 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Has to go if we don't beat Brentford imo. Palace are the only team who are on a similar trajectory to us and would be the perfect chance to bounce back with a new manager after the break. If not, we're done for imo.

Trouble is a lot of people (maybe including you I'm not sure) have been saying this for weeks and months but he still here

14 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Unfortunately I think it still comes back to money, I genuinely think Top thinks we will stay up some how and then he doesn't have to pay out and brendan gets his rebuild. 

Brendan getting his rebuild is still a huge risk. 

17 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Unfortunately I think it still comes back to money, I genuinely think Top thinks we will stay up some how and then he doesn't have to pay out and brendan gets his rebuild. 

And those 5 little words in your post scare me sh1tless..

If he's here next season and has overseen a rebuild with a large amount of influence that he craves (I have no info to confirm or deny that or how much influence he actually will or does have) in who we get then we are well and truly up the creek, not just without a paddle but the whole sodding boat.

His player acquisition record where he's shoved his nose in and had the final say,  as we have witnessed over the past year or so is "effing" horrendous.

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The fact that glover has come in and got a few decent players is the only thing in our favour.

Might be a clue that the board have no faith in him trying to rebuild given his history with Bertrand, Vesty,Soumare etc

I hope so.. I really do.