Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Brendan getting his rebuild is still a huge risk. 

Huge? Massive I'd say.  He is not getting a rebuild a) because we are going to get relegated so b) they'll be no money for a rebuild. Unless you class rebuild as dismantling? Cos that will be the reality if we're relegated. Lets hope that doesn't mean we're the next Luton or Newport, starting again cos we're bust.  It can and does happen, let's hope KP have a lot of desire and very big pockets.

53 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Huge? Massive I'd say.  He is not getting a rebuild a) because we are going to get relegated so b) they'll be no money for a rebuild. Unless you class rebuild as dismantling? Cos that will be the reality if we're relegated. Lets hope that doesn't mean we're the next Luton or Newport, starting again cos we're bust.  It can and does happen, let's hope KP have a lot of desire and very big pockets.

They have neither

I was told on Sunday evening, that all that’s keeping him in a job, is should he move to Spurs, we’ll agree mutual termination and maybe get a small payment from Tottenham. No viable other candidates with Premier League experience who are available with short notice to get us out the mire.

The board have hope with the run of fixtures, we can put another run together and get ourselves out of the mess. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I was told on Sunday evening, that all that’s keeping him in a job, is should he move to Spurs, we’ll agree mutual termination and maybe get a small payment from Tottenham. No viable other candidates with Premier League experience who are available with short notice to get us out the mire.

The board have hope with the run of fixtures, we can put another run together and get ourselves out of the mess. 

It’s clear we can’t afford to sack the ****.

I’m not sure these fans, players or manager have it in them to scrape us out of it. 

3 hours ago, Sly said:

That is a very dangerous strategy, my honest view is getting rid of Brendan now and even with a caretaker team from within the club would be enough to lift the squad and get us the results needed to survive, whilst looking at candidates to then take over in the summer. 

in truth whilst Spurs may be sniffing around Brendan I am not sure they will risk replacing Conte with Rodgers, as I think it’s a massive downgrade especially taking into account how we have performed over the last 15 months or so. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

If this is the case, it just further highlights the incompetence surrounding the club at the moment. Blind faith is not how you get yourselves out of a mess, action is. 

We will have no sympathy from anyone when we go down, and the clubs that survived managed to do so by changing their managers. 

It’s all lunacy, and I’m afraid when the inevitable does happen, my faith in Top and king power would have gone. 

• Like 2

I cannot believe that levy would go for Rodgers when everyone is fully aware that the narrative for us being in our position is a lack of investment 

if we were still battling for top 8 without spending then he absolutely fits the bill for spurs owners. 

I guess Rodgers could argue the final paragraph reflects his first two seasons here ref nett spend so on a three year contract it may seem viable - but surely our current predicament rules him out 

6 hours ago, Sly said:

I doubt that all they're concerned about is premier league experience but if it is let us drop now. 

6 hours ago, Sly said:

Thanks for the info. Hope, and the wish for PL experience to replace him is a very dangerous combination. Especially when you consider how the players heads had completely gone in the last 10 minutes on Saturday. 

Monday morning. No corner flag social post. He is here for the Brentford game for sure.

4 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

A lack of managers with Premier League experience?

Maybe try one of the managers that picked us apart on a fraction of the budget in the Europa League then?

Exactly, but any that don't have PL experience won't be considered. 

They've got themselves wrapped in fear. Brendan was supposed to the be the pinnacle appointment, so i think they cant get their heads around why its not working now. All other candidates aren't in the elite category. I don't think they want an interim appointment and they don't want to appoint someone 'less experienced' than Brendan which rules out a huge percentage of candidates. I think the only logical conclusion they come to is keep Brendan and hope it will be fine.

Its a mess.

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They've got themselves wrapped in fear. Brendan was supposed to the be the pinnacle appointment, so i think they cant get their heads around why its not working now. All other candidates aren't in the elite category. I don't think they want an interim appointment and they don't want to appoint someone 'less experienced' than Brendan which rules out a huge percentage of candidates. I think the only logical conclusion they come to is keep Brendan and hope it will be fine.

Its a mess.

It is a mess, and surely they can see that `elite and experienced ` isn't working out too well at the moment!

I can only think that the only reason he isn't sacked is because they cannot find anyone to replace him, maybe they have approached people and they've all said no - our club is in turmoil. I cannot imagine any other reason for Top, Susan and that stain Rudkin would want to keep him.

So, it's another Monday, this living and breathing turd that has sucked the team and the owners dry is still here. I have no desire to watch us get relegated...I resign as a fan of King Powers Leicester City and will be handing in my newspaper cutting of our cup win.

• Haha 2

The more this crash of a season carries without Brendan being sacked is making me think why on earth haven't the board sacked this sack of Sh*t. I've come to the conclusion the only reason is that Brendan knows the secret about Kingpower as a business some type of loop hole they use to do business and create their wealth .  Or he knows the some other secret.  Brendan comes across as someone that wants to get his beady eyes looking behind the veil where he's not really meant to stick his snout.  It's very bizzare, I get loyalty which is why the owners might keep him on, but come on 2 years of steady rot, tells me theres something else going on here.  

Dislike being negative, especially at the start of the week, with the negative world around us we must strive to be positive, problem is some people AKA Bodgers creates a negative sand trap we can't at the moment get out of...

Come on Brendan you have Training facilities to be proud off, a team of good to average players, your supposed to be a decent manager, and have a wage that most could only dream about, and an owner who is besotted with you, for the love of God:

1. Use the training facilities, prepare for each and every match properly, have more than one game plan and get the necessary tune out of all the players.

2. Dont just look at the Fearless Foxes sign, instill it into the players, make it a point of pride!

3. Make the owners faith in you count.

4. Earn your f€%$ing Wage and use this decent manager label you have to find the answers for each and every game remaining.

If you cant do any of that, then get as far away from Leicester City as possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sly said:

As bad as the mood is at Spurs, they're still in the CL places. Newcastle are bang average, the biggest threat to Tottenham is Liverpool getting their shit together but if that happens, Spurs are likely to have to settle for 5th anyway.

There aren't a lot of great candidates for them to poach right now. 

IMO their need for a new manager is a lot less urgent than ours. I can see Conte staying til the end of the season unless their first choice is someone out of work (Tuchel or Poch.)

Not having a replacement is a cowardly excuse for not getting rid.

Southampton sacked Jones with no real replacement lined up. They made a total hash of the process, initially approaching Marsch before eventually giving it to Selles (who was Jones’ assistant might I add). However, since sacking Jones they have picked up 7 points from 4. In that time they’ve beaten Chelsea, drawn with Utd and beaten a relegation rival (us).

I don’t get why the board are so deluded to think a change wouldn’t have a positive impact. Bizarre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Not having a replacement is a cowardly excuse for not getting rid.

Southampton sacked Jones with no real replacement lined up. They made a total hash of the process, initially approaching Marsch before eventually giving it to Selles (who was Jones’ assistant might I add). However, since sacking Jones they have picked up 7 points from 4. In that time they’ve beaten Chelsea, drawn with Utd and beaten a relegation rival (us).

I don’t get why the board are so deluded to think a change wouldn’t have a positive impact. Bizarre.

Either the board believe he can rectify the problem or they cannot/will not act. Would love to know which!!