Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, jet64 said:

BR won a Ferrari and then gradually took it apart piece by piece and replaced everything with a similar part in the wrong place so it only went in reverse 

Then he blamed all the people who sold him the parts.

• Like 4

Just now, jet64 said:

BR won a Ferrari and then gradually took it apart piece by piece and replaced everything with a similar part in the wrong place so it only went in reverse 

It’s a mini now 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jet64 said:

Ferrari is pushing it, he took over a side that was 12th.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Was thinking about this last night, and what annoys me potentially most above all of his bullshit is the lack of match preparation against the opposition.

Chelsea play without a centre forward, have done all year, with Havertz, Mudryk, Felix or whoever dropping into midfield to pick up the ball. There seemed to be no plan as to whether the centre backs followed them tight or let them to collect the ball and drop deep. On occasion Faes went tight, others he didn't, Souttar half did the same but was too slow to do it which contributed to their 1st goal which was chalked off. I'm a very average centre back playing at a very average level on a Saturday afternoon, and within 5 minutes I decide whether the forward is likely to drop in or run behind and adjust my game accordingly, so surely the coaching staff who have all week to prepare for a game make that decision for the players. 

Similarly, Chelsea have looked most vulnerable this season when teams have pressed them high up in the pitch in numbers. Almost the only time we did it, it resulted in a goal, then we hardly do it again for the remainder of the game.

One thing that is always said about Rodgers true or otherwise is he is a great coach, but that's not we need right now, we need a manager. Someone who will motivate, inspire and organise rather than doing some fancy drills on the training pitches. 

Think that's the best thing said about the whole debacle. 

19 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Was thinking about this last night, and what annoys me potentially most above all of his bullshit is the lack of match preparation against the opposition.

Chelsea play without a centre forward, have done all year, with Havertz, Mudryk, Felix or whoever dropping into midfield to pick up the ball. There seemed to be no plan as to whether the centre backs followed them tight or let them to collect the ball and drop deep. On occasion Faes went tight, others he didn't, Souttar half did the same but was too slow to do it which contributed to their 1st goal which was chalked off. I'm a very average centre back playing at a very average level on a Saturday afternoon, and within 5 minutes I decide whether the forward is likely to drop in or run behind and adjust my game accordingly, so surely the coaching staff who have all week to prepare for a game make that decision for the players. 

Similarly, Chelsea have looked most vulnerable this season when teams have pressed them high up in the pitch in numbers. Almost the only time we did it, it resulted in a goal, then we hardly do it again for the remainder of the game.

One thing that is always said about Rodgers true or otherwise is he is a great coach, but that's not we need right now, we need a manager. Someone who will motivate, inspire and organise rather than doing some fancy drills on the training pitches. 

Superb point. 

It's probably not Rodgers fault on this but more in Knudsen's ball park. I watched Chelsea in the week - very corner Chilwell took - inswing front post Fofana, outswing penalty spot Chilwell. These are simple things to spot yet Fofana was twice denied by decent saves on corners following this pattern. 

That lad he brought from Celtic who does opposition analyst is stealing a living. 

1 minute ago, jet64 said:

Thanks Brendan 🤣

I don't know how people come up with responses like this :rolleyes:

I'll rightly criticise Rodgers but some of the stuff written is rubbish. We were 12th when he took over, comparing us to a "Ferrari" would imply we were top 6 regulars which we weren't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Considering the number of weeks this season that we’ve had a clear five days to prepare for the weekend game, our tactics have been atrocious far too often. 

by all means play a back three to match them up but then you must have a strategy whereby one of those three plays a hybrid role with mendy to take care of that area in front of the defence.  Too often we had three defenders marking no one and they were playing  in between our two lines.  as you say, just deciding to match them up 3 atb is naive, given their way of playing with a false 9.  They have decided to go to a back three because of their defensive frailties with a back 4. It’s not an attacking set up. I’d expect a top quality coach to have come up with a better arrangement on Saturday. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't know how people come up with responses like this :rolleyes:

I'll rightly criticise Rodgers but some of the stuff written is rubbish. We were 12th when he took over, comparing us to a "Ferrari" would imply we were top 6 regulars which we weren't.

To be fair Brendan thought we were 17th. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I genuinely thought he'd be gone this morning. 

Maybe an announcement late-afternoon to 18:00 (probably a 'vote of confidence' statement)?

Like when Pearson got sacked and Ranieri got appointed.

6 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

That is a very dangerous strategy, my honest view is getting rid of Brendan now and even with a caretaker team from within the club would be enough to lift the squad and get us the results needed to survive, whilst looking at candidates to then take over in the summer. 

in truth whilst Spurs may be sniffing around Brendan I am not sure they will risk replacing Conte with Rodgers, as I think it’s a massive downgrade especially taking into account how we have performed over the last 15 months or so. 

And that's where the cleverly constructed "get out of jail free card" that was first hatched in pre-season and then re-kindled for us all to remember in the January transfer window (and also when the tuff got going) will be used.

All his measured and well thought out cleverly structured interview B S.

(My daughter who hates football but is in her final year of a psychology degree read and listened to his waffle and said he's manipulation was top notch and was quite impressed, she picked out stuff 'super psychologist' have names and terms for.)

The like of :

I've not been backed, I'm not going to war with the club, ( then vailed gigs for the next 3 weeks in every interview) look how much others have spent compared to us, poor little old me will just do my best with what I've got, remember I'm not a magician, It's the fans getting on their backs and causing the players angst they need to back us, the players lacked quality, the injurys to key players in pre-season hamped our set up. etc etc.   Not one thing that he takes accountability for, and all stuff outside his sphere of control so that it can't be blamed on him.. 

He'll get a good job next as the media will and still latch onto this sh1t  which is his entire plan from day one. 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 4

I follow King Power on LinkedIn and it looks like Top has been involved in some sort of employee/business conference for the last week or so, looks like an attempt to give KP a kick up the backside.

With all that going on I'd be surprised if his priority is getting rid of Rodgers at the minute.

4 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I follow King Power on LinkedIn and it looks like Top has been involved in some sort of employee/business conference for the last week or so, looks like an attempt to give KP a kick up the backside.

With all that going on I'd be surprised if his priority is getting rid of Rodgers at the minute.

Unless he delegates the club's management affairs to Susan Whelan?

Reckon he's at Seagrave this morning, business as usual.

Edited by Wymsey

11 hours ago, Sly said:

I was told on Sunday evening, that all that’s keeping him in a job, is should he move to Spurs, we’ll agree mutual termination and maybe get a small payment from Tottenham. No viable other candidates with Premier League experience who are available with short notice to get us out the mire.

The board have hope with the run of fixtures, we can put another run together and get ourselves out of the mess. 

...is this from within the club or just a chat between friends!!!

Why Spurs, has there been contact made from them, to either parties?

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Maybe an announcement late-afternoon to 18:00 (probably a 'vote of confidence' statement)?

Like when Pearson got sacked and Ranieri got appointed.

Get back to your day job. He will be walking the team out on Saturday after which i expect us to be in the bottom 3.

Biggest question for me will be will he be wearing a daffodil on his jacket or a fox pin.