Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The only sympathetic argument you could make for Rodgers is what happened in the summer.

He'd been led to believe he's get his refresh but it didn't happen as the board became increasingly concerned about FFP. He'd thrown a few players under the bus, and then found he'd have to work with them (e.g. Soumare and Praet). I think his defence will focus on that when/if he leaves. And he was unable to complete deals with players who he'd personally agreed to sign, like Lookman. 

But why we were in danger in the first place is somewhat Rodgers' responsibility with poor signings, especially Vestergaard although Rudkin is clearly complicit too, and the failure to close out a CL place. 

He struggled for the first few weeks to come to terms with the situation but that's on him. Top managers would have adjusted but his whole attitude stank and only once he got out of the victim mentality, we saw our results improve. 

Maybe the board feel guilty about what happened in the summer, hence the loyalty to him. He is a very good coach but it's just not working anymore here. He needs to go for his sake and the club's. 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

The only sympathetic argument you could make for Rodgers is what happened in the summer.

He'd been led to believe he's get his refresh but it didn't happen as the board became increasingly concerned about FFP. He'd thrown a few players under the bus, and then found he'd have to work with them (e.g. Soumare and Praet). I think his defence will focus on that when/if he leaves. And he was unable to complete deals with players who he'd personally agreed to sign, like Lookman. 

But why we were in danger in the first place is somewhat Rodgers' responsibility with poor signings, especially Vestergaard although Rudkin is clearly complicit too, and the failure to close out a CL place. 

He struggled for the first few weeks to come to terms with the situation but that's on him. Top managers would have adjusted but his whole attitude stank and only once he got out of the victim mentality, we saw our results improve. 

Maybe the board feel guilty about what happened in the summer, hence the loyalty to him. He is a very good coach but it's just not working anymore here. He needs to go for his sake and the club's. 

This is a really balanced viewpoint and pretty much exactly where I'm at. Good coach, but has thrown his toys out the pram and players under the bus too many times for it to work here anymore.

• Like 1

Evans has come out and said the team is behind Rodgers fully and he hasn't lost the dressing room. Said he was delighted with how he played against Chelsealol and no doubt we'll be fine at the end of the season. What hope have we got when our team publicly come out and say we're too good to go down after serving up shit performance after shit performance week after week

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Evans has come out and said the team is behind Rodgers fully and he hasn't lost the dressing room. Said he was delighted with how he played against Chelsealol and no doubt we'll be fine at the end of the season. What hope have we got when our team publicly come out and say we're too good to go down after serving up shit performance after shit performance week after week

Where's he said this?

Been well bored this morning so been reading loads of old pages in this thread, so many of us knew at the back end of last season that he should be going. Exactly the same issues were being discussed, he's not improved this team at all in the 18 months we've been on the decline, not even stagnated the decline.

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

All that is opinion. When he announced his big refresh, there is no evidence he had been promised anything. Remember, he was announcing it months after our biggest summer transfer window as a means to throw the team under the bus following the FA cup defeat. 

Is there any evidence he particularly rated Lookman? Went for big periods last season without playing him and I remember at the Randers match Rodgers was shouting at him consistently and Lookman pretty much blanked him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not sure which thread this belongs in, but what is so infuriating to me is how soft and naïve we've become as a club, both on and off the pitch. We all know Rodgers is a clown but the way the rest of them see no issue with it is so annoying. They would all accept an invitation to Ted Bundy's cookout and agree to cover themselves in barbecue sauce before they arrive.

14 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Link then, if true?

i think the biggest worry with everything is what happened before the world cup. Because we did recover from our lowest ever point under these owners and to them, they will believe that it’s possible it happens again. 

I think none of us believe we will get on a run like that again this year. 

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Where's he said this?

Been well bored this morning so been reading loads of old pages in this thread, so many of us knew at the back end of last season that he should be going. Exactly the same issues were being discussed, he's not improved this team at all in the 18 months we've been on the decline, not even stagnated the decline.

Lost dressing room question denied as Leicester City captain reacts to Brendan Rodgers chants - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Sleep walking to relegation. Blind delusion

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

I guess he was always gonna say that about being behind Rodgers, but the worrying thing again is that they think the performances we are giving are acceptable, so by some magic they expect that to be enough in the next game against Brentford.

Maddison and Evans both thinking it, both senior and key figures in that dressing room, just shows we are doomed IMO, clueless.

I obviously don't want us to get relegated, and sincerely believe, like pretty much everyone else on here, that the best, perhaps only, way to avoid that nightmare scenario is to get rid of Rodgers pronto.

Paradoxically, however, if, heaven forbid, we do go down, there is a part of me that wants Rodgers to still be there steering the sinking ship when it happens. He would have nowhere to hide after that, and the destruction of his insufferable ego, of the 'elite manager' myth, would at least provide a small crumb of comfort.